Widgets Magazine

Thread: Perfect Swing Site Renewal

1. Default Perfect Swing Site Renewal

Since this needs its own thread and not put under a thread about Crest (really people, it isn't hard to organize properly)...

Has anyone heard anything more about the vapor Lowes location or new Walmart?

kp73120
    Participating Member

Join DateMar 2012Total Posts3

Re: Crest coming to Norman

I drove past the old Perfect Swing the other day and noticed there was some construction on one of the buildings behind the main building. It looked like an addition to the building and the framework was up. It made me wonder what was going on. Anyone know?

Default Re: Perfect Swing Site Renewal

I used to work at PS when the tornado hit there. It did do some damage to the corporate center building, part of it semi collapsed (the side facing the playground). Looks like the owner is adding on to that corporate center building to make it the original size before it was damaged. I don't know what he plans on doing (maybe using the corporate center again?) as he has basically let the park sit for about 2 years.

There was a tax sale notice on the front of the building a few months ago. It seems as though either the owner has payed the back taxes or the property was sold at auction.

4. Default Re: Perfect Swing Site Renewal

I've lived at SE 24th Ave and Hwy 9 for nearly ten years and the management of this property for the last 4 just proves that the Norman City Council and other civic leaders/influencers don't care a bit about this part of the city. As it has stood for the past 3 years since the tornado, it has become an unkept eyesore that I have to see every day. I can only imagine that this would not be the case were this to be taking place in a more commercial part of Norman. For reasons that I cannot explain this property has not been torn down and rezoned so something positive could take its place -- leading to cleaner growth in Southeast Norman.

5. Default Re: Perfect Swing Site Renewal

I still want to know what happened to the people that kept claiming Lowes already purchased the property and it was a done deal.

Anyone have any updates on this Perfect Swing/Wal-Mart/Lowe's situation? With the announcement of the BWW being built, along with the street widening on Classen/77 just north of Hwy. 9 AND the widening of Hwy. 9 from 24th to 72nd, it really seems like they are staging for a Wal-Mart/Lowe's type development going in there.

7. Default Re: Perfect Swing Site Renewal

What's BWW?

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroiHikari View Post
    What's BWW?
    Buffalo Wild Wings.

I'm relatively new to Norman and I've always wondered what that place was. It looks terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanTalker View Post
    I'm relatively new to Norman and I've always wondered what that place was. It looks terrible.
    It was an ok place for my kiddos back in its day. Shame to not see the property move onto a better use. someday perhaps.

11. Default Re: Perfect Swing Site Renewal

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    It was an ok place for my kiddos back in its day. Shame to not see the property move onto a better use. someday perhaps.
    If only that tornado was just a tad strong just over that property (considering it did rate EF-4 further down Hwy 9).

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Any update to what may or may not be happening here?

There is some dirtwork in the field between PS and Nichols (?) Marine up to the street, if I remember correctly, I think it goes all the way back to the end of the apartment's property line. Also there is some dirtwork behind the driving range, don't know if they are extending the subdivision or what? Anyone have any idea?

Thread Information