Widgets Magazine
Page 136 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3686131132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 3524

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Cannabis

Ok County down to under 51% yes

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    All you have to do is look at history. State question 788 for Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative in 2018 won 56% to 43%, that is a convincing win. The same people will mostly likely vote the same way today. SQ 820 will pass.
    I hope you will learn a valuable lesson, just because the same people voted the same way the first time does not mean it is going to pass the second time, it failed big time tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Yeah it did. But didn’t Stitt have a good buddy that just happened to start a business to tabulate and verify petition signatures. This is actually a master class we’re witnessing
    Sadly, I agree, that signature count debacle was just disgusting. Rs are setting themselves up in so many states and so many offices and fixing courts and boards with the "right" appointees to keep themselves in power no matter what, this kind of thing ("master class" type of thing) is just going to keep happening and most likely getting worse.

The Bible Belt is not ready for recreational marijuana, plain and simple. That's why it failed in Arkansas. That's why it failed in Oklahoma. That's why federal legalization is at least 20 years away. Oklahoma is incredibly lucky to have SQ788. I remember when it passed and there wasn't strong religious organization against it like there was for 820. It was basically "snuck in" under the eyes of the preachers. I think the fact it happened during the Trump era also helped it pass. The Baptists were less politically engaged during that time. However, the results of tonight's vote may give the holy rollers a green light on gutting the existing medical program, something they've wanted to do since it passed. The next 20 years of cannabis reform is going to have to be focused on keeping it legal where it's already legal and opposing federal attempts to crack down. Once the Jerry Falwell generation passes, I think recreational weed nationwide will become more viable. Like it or not, that is not now.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    The Bible Belt is not ready for recreational marijuana, plain and simple. That's why it failed in Arkansas. That's why it failed in Oklahoma. That's why federal legalization is at least 20 years away. Oklahoma is incredibly lucky to have SQ788. I remember when it passed and there wasn't strong religious organization against it like there was for 820. It was basically "snuck in" under the eyes of the preachers. However, the results of tonight's vote may give the holy rollers a green light on gutting the existing medical program, something they've wanted to do since it passed. The next 20 years of cannabis reform is going to have to be focused on keeping it legal where it's already legal and opposing federal attempts to crack down. Once the Jerry Falwell generation passes, I think recreational weed nationwide will become more viable. Like it or not, that is not now.
    lol MJ is federal illegal still because dems have never had it on there agenda to change .. they had full control 2 different times in the last 20 years and didn't act on it ..

and it is still Illegal everywhere ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol MJ is federal illegal still because dems have never had it on there agenda to change .. they had full control 2 different times in the last 20 years and didn't act on it ..

and it is still Illegal everywhere ..
    They tried during the last session. It's illegal because the Southern Baptist Convention wants it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Yep. I think this may be a major factor in it failing (if it does).

I thought this was a pretty good article on the unique circumstances here: https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ation-00085299
    Uneducated idiot cop - “I know that marijuana does nothing but lead to other drugs.”

I (and at least a dozen people I know) have smoked marijuana for decades and *none* of us have ever gone on to any other drugs. Yes, some people with addiction problems might go on to other drugs, but I can pretty much guarantee you that there's a *huge* amount of responsible, job-holding, tax-paying, contributing citizens that smoke weed. F-ing Reefer Madness propaganda still lives...

They tried during the last session. It's illegal because the Southern Baptist Convention wants it that way.
    the Democrats had full control .. they could do what they wanted .. lol Obama had full control and 60 senate votes ... the dems don't care about this issue .

Oklahoma county flipped to a NO as well that is every county in the state against .. LOL

the Democrats had full control .. they could do what they wanted .. lol Obama had full control and 60 senate votes ... the dems don't care about this issue .
    Have you heard of the filibuster?

Dems may or may not care, but Republicans care about it and will never allow it to be legalized.

Oklahoma county flipped to a NO as well that is every county in the state against .. LOL
    That confirms it then, everyone is happy with S788 so they pretty much do not care about S820

Dems may or may not care, but Republicans care about it and will never allow it to be legalized.
    This state passed medical overwhelmingly

Quote Originally Posted by Sean21 View Post
    This state passed medical overwhelmingly
    It was because of a lack of religious organization against it and youth turnout was high. Today, the churches were bussing people to the polls. Young voters didn't turn out to cancel them out.

link please when did that get filibustered??

The Bible Belt is not ready for recreational marijuana, plain and simple. That's why it failed in Arkansas. That's why it failed in Oklahoma. That's why federal legalization is at least 20 years away. Oklahoma is incredibly lucky to have SQ788. I remember when it passed and there wasn't strong religious organization against it like there was for 820. It was basically "snuck in" under the eyes of the preachers. I think the fact it happened during the Trump era also helped it pass. The Baptists were less politically engaged during that time. However, the results of tonight's vote may give the holy rollers a green light on gutting the existing medical program, something they've wanted to do since it passed. The next 20 years of cannabis reform is going to have to be focused on keeping it legal where it's already legal and opposing federal attempts to crack down. Once the Jerry Falwell generation passes, I think recreational weed nationwide will become more viable. Like it or not, that is not now.
    North and South Dakota also voted down recreational last November. Missouri and Maryland are the two latest states to pass it. 21 states have medical/recreational and 15 (including OK) have medical only; it’s still illegal in 14 states . Of the surrounding states CO, NM and MO have recreational, AR has medical and KS and TX have neither.

and again obama had filibuster proof senate ...

and several republicans are on the record supporting making it a sate issue and descheduleing MJ

820 officially failed in every single county

Misinformation. GOP had 41 seats

and again obama had filibuster proof senate ...

and several republicans are on the record supporting making it a sate issue and descheduleing MJ
    And again Obama did not. 59 is less than 60.

It was because of a lack of religious organization against it and youth turnout was high. Today, the churches were bussing people to the polls. Young voters didn't turn out to cancel them out.
    You’re lost. I voted for medical and I don’t partake. Voted no on this one.

820 officially failed in every single county
    Which is great news! I am going to celebrate with a nice steak dinner tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The seating of Minnesota Sen. Al Franken will give Democrats the filibuster-proof 60-40 majority in the Senate,

Misinformation. GOP had 41 seats
    Nope

24. Default Re: Cannabis

Democrats had 60 seats in 2009. That supermajority was ended in 2010 when Scott Brown defeated Martha Coakley to win the Senate seat in Massachusetts after the death of Ted Kennedy, taking the Democratic majority to 59.

Tomorrow will be the same as always. You will drive by dozens of professional medical establishments like Capital Dank, Puff the dragon, dazed on route 66, happy route 420. The employees and owner of Green doctor will be happy as they actually have doctor in their name.

Thread Information