Widgets Magazine
Page 119 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1969114115116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3524

Thread: Cannabis

1. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    Good deal....it takes a few days before you notice a change in the pain level. It's not like a NSAID with instant pain relief. I'd give it a month before giving up on it.
    Well crap! Literally! It did seem to help after just a few days but had a runny side effect that won't work. The side effect stopped as soon as I quit taking it. Damn I had high hopes.

Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Exactly - why aren't they doing this? Legally not able to? I doubt dispensary owners would mind having the petition in their shop.

And the idiots in charge of their website (yeson820.com) don't even have locations listed, just "coming soon", "see the petition", and "contact us". Setting themselves up for failure...
    YES on 820 Campaign Office
    4901 Richmond Square, Suite 102
    OKC, OK 73118
    Monday-Friday 11am-3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    YES on 820 Campaign Office
    4901 Richmond Square, Suite 102
    OKC, OK 73118
    Monday-Friday 11am-3pm
    Thanks, but almost a quarter of the way into the *21st* century, they should be able to put a website (or social media or something) together that has locations listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Well crap! Literally! It did seem to help after just a few days but had a runny side effect that won't work. The side effect stopped as soon as I quit taking it. Damn I had high hopes.
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe try with one a day and work up to two a day? Maybe try two teaspoons of Meta-mucilage a day? This conversation seems appropriate because there are natural alternatives to cannabis for pain relief. Good luck Bill.

Try Kratom

https://kratom.org/strains/best-for-pain/

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    I second Kratom but make sure you don’t be liberal with it. It is strong and you can take too much which will f@ck you up so I’d start slow. It is very relaxing to me is is the closest legal thing to opium. It just mellows you out.

7. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe try with one a day and work up to two a day? Maybe try two teaspoons of Meta-mucilage a day? This conversation seems appropriate because there are natural alternatives to cannabis for pain relief. Good luck Bill.
    I started with one a day. And I've been taking Metamucil daily for years. But I took the last Curcumin Tuesday morning and the runs just got better yesterday so I'm wondering if something else was going on. I'm going to give the Curcumin another try in a week or so.

I started with one a day. And I've been taking Metamucil daily for years. But I took the last Curcumin Tuesday morning and the runs just got better yesterday so I'm wondering if something else was going on. I'm going to give the Curcumin another try in a week or so.
    Good idea. I'd sure keep at it because you're obviously one of the majority of folks that it works on. Good luck Bill.

I know someone who went back to the northwest because the cannabis business in Oklahoma has become too cut throat and saturated. I'm sure the smaller guys will love that short one time fix from legalizing it fully. Which probably won't be that big of boost, I think those who want it enough can probably find a doctor to prescribe it.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I know someone who went back to the northwest because the cannabis business in Oklahoma has become too cut throat and saturated. I'm sure the smaller guys will love that short one time fix from legalizing it fully. Which probably won't be that big of boost, I think those who want it enough can probably find a doctor to prescribe it.
    recreational cannabis would be huge in OK especially from texas and kansas coming into the state just for buying cannabis and probably to see live shows in tulsa and OKC

11. Default Re: Cannabis

Stitt signed a bill yesterday to place a moratorium on issuing new cannabis business licenses of all types, starting August 1. It could last as long as August 2024.

This is a huge blow to me personally as I've been working on a commercial grow that there's no way we can get ready for licensing before the moratorium takes effect.

There are issues in the industry but completely blocking new businesses from entering it isn't the way to go about solving them.

Oops, sorry, but I was mistaken. 820 is actually well funded for signature takers. It is funded by New Approach PAC, specializing in getting cannabis legalized in the states. It gets money from wealthy philanthropists. So, it's good that it is not a corporate front out to profit from cannabis.

I believe most cannabis activists are advising to sign all cannabis petitions, 818, 819 and 820. All three making it on the ballot will show to Republicans at the State Capitol that Oklahoma is ready to move on to legalizing rec cannabis. I signed 820 at Pride on Sunday where they had a tent set up for it. Unfortunately, no sign of anybody taking signatures for 818 or 819. Probably the best place to find them to sign is at a dispensary. If I'm correct 818 and 819 have no funding to pay signature takers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Oops, sorry, but I was mistaken. 820 is actually well funded for signature takers. It is funded by New Approach PAC, specializing in getting cannabis legalized in the states. It gets money from wealthy philanthropists. So, it's good that it is not a corporate front out to profit from cannabis.

I believe most cannabis activists are advising to sign all cannabis petitions, 818, 819 and 820. All three making it on the ballot will show to Republicans at the State Capitol that Oklahoma is ready to move on to legalizing rec cannabis. I signed 820 at Pride on Sunday where they had a tent set up for it. Unfortunately, no sign of anybody taking signatures for 818 or 819. Probably the best place to find them to sign is at a dispensary. If I'm correct 818 and 819 have no funding to pay signature takers.
    I signed the 820 petition outside of the Walgreens. I'm glad to hear a bit more info about the funding for the initiative. There has been some discussion and (unsurprisingly) misinformation about the sources behind this paying the signature collectors on Nextdoor.

I feel like having so many petitions by competing groups might confuse people who assume because they signed one they'd already signed on the issue, etc. I didn't realize the folks behind 818 and 819 were so against 820 so as to sue.

I signed the 820 petition at Pride as well, I did not even realize there were multiple SQ petitions in the works.

I signed 820 at the Paseo Arts Festival

I'm not in favor of changing the current regulatory scheme except to improve it to the point that we can track plants from seed to sale. The longer we can stave off the likes of Wal Mart, CVS, etc. with overburdensome, difficult to replicate on a mass scale regulations, the longer regular folks can earn a good living in this industry.

Open things up, and before you know it, the only folks getting wealthy are executives and shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I'm not in favor of changing the current regulatory scheme except to improve it to the point that we can track plants from seed to sale. The longer we can stave off the likes of Wal Mart, CVS, etc. with overburdensome, difficult to replicate on a mass scale regulations, the longer regular folks can earn a good living in this industry.

Open things up, and before you know it, the only folks getting wealthy are executives and shareholders.
    As soon as the feds make it adult use you will see massive amounts of money go into cannabis.

As of now I would bet Stiiizy is the biggest brand in the US but they are out of Cali

18. Default Re: Cannabis

Sounds like they got 164,000 signatures when they needed 95,000. So a bunch could be discredited and still be enough.

Sounds like they got 164,000 signatures when they needed 95,000. So a bunch could be discredited and still be enough.
    this will bring way more people out for the general election

20. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    this will bring way more people out for the general election
    I bet it will. I usually vote anyway but I'll definitely make this one.

Do we have a statewide primary runoff this year? I could see Stitt being squirrelly and scheduling the vote for a weird day.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Do we have a statewide primary runoff this year? I could see Stitt being squirrelly and scheduling the vote for a weird day.
    Yeah, on August 23. Don't see why Stitt would want to reschedule it and may be hard to do. He is not in it. But it will be interesting to see if somebody, like the state AG, will take steps to stop the Nov. vote for rec cannabis. If so, he doesn't have to worry about the political consequences. He lost the primary. After SQ788, I hope opponents have learned it doesn't make much difference when to schedule a pro vote on marijuana.

Isn't their often some back and forth on the ballot language, and then there's a certain about of lead time required before the election for it to be included on the ballot? I guess my point is that the idea of it being in the August 23 primaries would just not be very feasible. If anything, I'd say there's no guarantee that the vote would be in November either. Didn't the SQ788 petition get turned in in summer of 2016 but the vote wasn't until the 2018 primaries?

24. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Isn't their often some back and forth on the ballot language, and then there's a certain about of lead time required before the election for it to be included on the ballot? I guess my point is that the idea of it being in the August 23 primaries would just not be very feasible. If anything, I'd say there's no guarantee that the vote would be in November either. Didn't the SQ788 petition get turned in in summer of 2016 but the vote wasn't until the 2018 primaries?
    The article I read said they needed to get the required number of signatures turned in by Aug 1 to be on the November ballot. So the Aug runoff ballot can't possibly be an option.

I just went and read the 820 text, and overall I like it, but I found one aspect that bothers me.

. It would restrict business licenses to established medical marijuana licensees for the first two years.
    I maybe understand the reasoning behind a short freeze, to allow time for proper inspection/licensing/backlog work from the OMMA and to improve enforcement. However, a few things about this don't seem logical.

1) Why not use the current count as a cap, instead of only limiting to existing licensees? If an underserved area loses its only licensed operation, a new one can't open up to serve that community?
    2) Why implement a freeze at the same time that you're VASTLY expanding the consumer market? This will reduce product availability and drive up prices for those that depend on medical marijuana for actual... medical reasons. It will be great for existing retailers I guess.
    3) I assume "businesses" includes producers, and not just retailers. If so, see #2 but more so.

If a freeze is needed for the OMMA to catch up, then we should implement it before expanding the market and have everything in place from a standards place in advance.

Thread Information