Widgets Magazine
Page 118 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1868113114115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3524

Thread: Cannabis

1. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post
    Our government putting anyone in a position of having to choose between "keeping a good job" and "reducing physical pain they experience" is straight-up cruelty. We shouldn't tolerate our government behaving that way.
    I can see your point. And I don't disagree. I'm caught in a "I hurt constantly but don't want to be on opioids but I can't make near what I make in the private sector so pot is not an option. So I eat Tylenol like candy (with my Doctors approval and monitoring).

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cannabis

Oklahoma has a good thing with regulating cannabis; will need to tweak or tighten a few regulations as people begin to find loop holes here and there. Keep the legislators from totally destroying the original intent.

We passed this law despite Scott Pruitt attempting to make the laws so liberal & lenient it wouldn't appeal to the public. Voters figured this would be our best chance to get something along these lines passed--they delivered.

As an ex-Tax Commission agent, cannabis has been a BOOMING business that has brought in massive revenue! Every state should make it legal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Not as far as the Fed Govt sees it. We have received emails explaining that since pot is illegal nationally it will be treated as an illicit drug in Fed Govt employment regardless of whether it's legal in your area. Even the bill inching through Congress to nationally legalize pot excludes people that have to maintain Govt Clearance.
    I have a close relative whose best friend works for the feds and because of his position he won't get a medical card. He doesn't want to be on any list, so he just has my relative use his card to buy him pot. He's apparently not afraid of being tested and he is a freaking Assistant United States Attorney (not in Oklahoma).

5. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    I have a close relative whose best friend works for the feds and because of his position he won't get a medical card. He doesn't want to be on any list, so he just has my relative use his card to buy him pot. He's apparently not afraid of being tested and he is a freaking Assistant United States Attorney (not in Oklahoma).
    I have tossed around that idea. I've been in my position for 21 years and never has anyone at our facility been tested. But I'm afraid that as soon as I had my wife, daughter, etc. get pot for me they'd do some random test. I have way too good a thing to lose.

Isn't the "list" (actually, database) not to be shared with any other agency? Wasn't there some news about that a while back and OMMA said their database is not shared at all?

7. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Isn't the "list" (actually, database) not to be shared with any other agency? Wasn't there some news about that a while back and OMMA said their database is not shared at all?
    I've had prospective hires denied for records that were legally "locked" by court order or expunged by court order. I'm convinced the Fed Govt has access to anything they want access to.

Blog Entries

Well, he's not in Oklahoma so OMMA doesn't apply. But, as an AUSA I would expect he would know well what kind of records the feds can access if they want. And would also probably know if federal employees are ever tested or not. He told me all this directly when I was visiting once, that he was worried about getting a card and and that he was not worried about being tested.

I can see your point. And I don't disagree. I'm caught in a "I hurt constantly but don't want to be on opioids but I can't make near what I make in the private sector so pot is not an option. So I eat Tylenol like candy (with my Doctors approval and monitoring).
    You must have a bionic liver if that is the case or you are eating tons of milk thistle and NAC

Well, he's not in Oklahoma so OMMA doesn't apply. ...
    Oops, just realized that info was in the last word of your post, skimmed over that apparently, nevermind then.

Anyone have a product recommendation for some type of edible? My card will need renewal in October.

I've only tried a little container of Wana sour edible gummies, not sure how to dial in the proper dose with these things. Was looking for some thing a little more predictable but I've encountered a bit of variance with seemingly te same size dose...hmm, perhaps it takes some regularity to adjust ?

Also was reading about the initiative petition having just 90 days to acquire 91,000 signatures to put a legalization question on the ballot.
    https://nondoc.com/2022/05/03/recrea...20-signatures/

https://yeson820.com/

12. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Anyone have a product recommendation for some type of edible? My card will need renewal in October.

I've only tried a little container of Wana sour edible gummies, not sure how to dial in the proper dose with these things. Was looking for some thing a little more predictable but I've encountered a bit of variance with seemingly te same size dose...hmm, perhaps it takes some regularity to adjust ?

Also was reading about the initiative petition having just 90 days to acquire 91,000 signatures to put a legalization question on the ballot.
    https://nondoc.com/2022/05/03/recrea...20-signatures/

https://yeson820.com/
    There was a guy getting signatures at the Pump yesterday afternoon so I imagine the full court press will come soon

Missouri got their recreational proposal on the ballot: https://tulsaworld.com/ap/business/m...52fdb986c.html

Hopefully Oklahoma will do the same.

Man, I feel for you. Have you ever tried Curcumin for your pain? There is a wonderful company right here in OKC, https://ultrabotanica.com/, that makes the best curcumin I've ever tried, and I've tried a bunch. They also make other products that you might be interested in. Good luck.

15. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    Man, I feel for you. Have you ever tried Curcumin for your pain? There is a wonderful company right here in OKC, https://ultrabotanica.com/, that makes the best curcumin I've ever tried, and I've tried a bunch. They also make other products that you might be interested in. Good luck.
    I haven't tried that one. I'll give it a shot.

Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is a proven anti-inflammation component, and is used by millions for pain. Ultrabotanica has pioneered a way to make it more available to cells...called "Ultracur." They also make a product for pets "Ultrapet" and it has made my old arthritic dog act like a puppy again. I don't use CBD oil but it looks like they make one that is superior. I buy mine on Amazon but I think you can find it at local stores. You might check out their website for locations. Every person I've recommended this to has experienced amazing results. I don't work for these folks but I'm sure a big proponent.

17. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is a proven anti-inflammation component, and is used by millions for pain. Ultrabotanica has pioneered a way to make it more available to cells...called "Ultracur." They also make a product for pets "Ultrapet" and it has made my old arthritic dog act like a puppy again. I don't use CBD oil but it looks like they make one that is superior. I buy mine on Amazon but I think you can find it at local stores. You might check out their website for locations. Every person I've recommended this to has experienced amazing results. I don't work for these folks but I'm sure a big proponent.
    I just ordered some. I'm hopeful to have similar results.

I just ordered some. I'm hopeful to have similar results.
    Good deal....it takes a few days before you notice a change in the pain level. It's not like a NSAID with instant pain relief. I'd give it a month before giving up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    There was a guy getting signatures at the Pump yesterday afternoon so I imagine the full court press will come soon
    I predict petition for SQ 820, which wants to legalize rec marijuana, won't get enough signatures, if the sponsoring group has no money to pay signature takers. Furthermore, without paid signature takers, if no tent to collect signatures doesn't go up daily at NW Expressway and Hefner Park entrance, then it will go to show there isn't even much interest in gathering signatures in the first place. After all, that location has played quite a legendary role in the past as a great signature gathering place for past marijuana petitions, especially most of all for SQ 788.

Getting 94,911 signatures for a petition as is required for SQ 820 is quite a heck of a chore if you have to do it without paid signature takers. SQ 788 petition barely got enough of its required signatures of around 66,000. Oklahoma marijuana petition organizers in the past have always found it impossible to get funding from outside the state, due to severe skepticism that any kind of legalization proposal could ever pass.

Without paid signature takers, the promoters of SQ820 will have to hope medical marijuana dispensaries will think it's in their best interest to have the 820 petition available to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Missouri got their recreational proposal on the ballot: https://tulsaworld.com/ap/business/m...52fdb986c.html

Hopefully Oklahoma will do the same.
    With little organized effort from what I can tell, in part since you don't seem to already know, promoters of SQ 820 to legalize rec marijuana have been cleared for getting signatures since May 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    With little organized effort from what I can tell, in part since you don't seem to already know, promoters of SQ 820 to legalize rec marijuana have been cleared for getting signatures since May 3.
    all they need to do is gather signatures in dispensaries and they will get enough signatures quick with 383k patients , 1,777 care givers, and 12k businesses

22. Default Re: Cannabis

HB 3439 was passed this week by Sitt in an emergency order, which will allow for industrial hemp production, etc. The major hemp growers will be moving into the State soon, with the intention of flipping to cannabis once rec becomes legal. Hemp is becoming more and more attractive with the ESG and carbon-neutrality push.

http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInf...Bill=HB%203439

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    all they need to do is gather signatures in dispensaries and they will get enough signatures quick with 383k patients , 1,777 care givers, and 12k businesses
    Exactly - why aren't they doing this? Legally not able to? I doubt dispensary owners would mind having the petition in their shop.

And the idiots in charge of their website (yeson820.com) don't even have locations listed, just "coming soon", "see the petition", and "contact us". Setting themselves up for failure...

A signature collector got my signature downtown walking around yesterday

Exactly - why aren't they doing this? Legally not able to? I doubt dispensary owners would mind having the petition in their shop.

And the idiots in charge of their website (yeson820.com) don't even have locations listed, just "coming soon", "see the petition", and "contact us". Setting themselves up for failure...
    dispensaries can have the signature papers it isn't illegal. Some people in the business don't want rec they believe out of state players will come in and ruin everything but that is already happening. Most of the top caliber growers have out of state influence

Thread Information