Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
Because you start to feel the relief from pot almost immediately. Plus, why do I need Big Pharm to make a pill for me (when I dont know whats in it) when I could use the all natural pot. And before you say that the smoke is harmful, you can always use a vaporizer that is smokeless.
Edibles are also legal under the current medical marijuana laws in the State of Colorado, that went into effect in 2000 and seems to have been a success. It has been stated that Colorado has some of the strictest medical marijuana laws, both for growing and selling.

The feds have cracked down on dispensaries that are close to the 1,000 foot school buffer, most others they have left alone. The main point of enforcement has been against the banks and payment processors the dispensaries used. Because they are processing "drug money" the Feds have tried to charge them under RICO statues. most dispensaries have had to go to cash operations because of heavy handed federal enforcement and that has created an additional potential for armed robbery on the shops since they are dealing with cash. It seems like that would hurt the feds ability to track sales since it is much easier to take a cash business that you cannot deposit money from "off the books", that just goes against what the gov't likes to do in tracking what people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
Like I have said a thousand times - if a state thinks it is the key to prosperous and happy society let them give it a try. If a state thinks it will do harm to the society they should be free to restrict access. I am all for states having the ability to decide. The state that comes up with the best combination would then be seen as a model for the others.
Amendment 64 in Colorado was a petition amendment, this was initiated by a public petition and voted for by the population, not the legislature. Most of the legislature was not in favor of 64 and the governor was not and he made his money in the craft beer industry. A similar petition failed a few years ago.