Widgets Magazine
Page 113 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1363108109110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3524

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This is not the same as bootlegging liquor. Alcohol is already widely recreationally legal so those two don’t compare. Marijuana just needs to be made legal recreationally. Hearing about pot busts left and right in Oklahoma is nuts. It’s not often you hear about a bootlegging or moonshine bust.
    Lol start bootleggin liquor and selling it in Byron's and watch what happens

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Lol start bootleggin liquor and selling it in Byron's and watch what happens
    Right or let’s just legalize recreational pot and end this silly debate.

Or let’s just let it drag out and watch the state conservatives butcher the law down as much as possible ya know

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/ma...965e98489.html

Or let’s just let it drag out and watch the state conservatives butcher the law down as much as possible ya know

there still would be pot busts ...

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Okay?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Yeah I mean, everything is still regulated with you know, rules.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Yeah I mean, everything is still regulated with you know, rules.
    Exactly. Even with full recreational there will still be enforcement of trafficking, production, and selling. There will still be oversight, and administration. There will still be people getting busted for illegally transporting and/or selling weed. As well as tax evasion, and other issues that will continue to need to be addressed. Full legalization isn't the absence of rules or enforcement. If anything, it will expand them. We'll have to grow/expand the OMMA when this happens, and probably significantly increase enforcement operations. And this will be a good thing.

Default Re: Cannabis

Of course that is the point of legalizing something. Not sure why this keeps getting repeated.

Of course that is the point of legalizing something. Not sure why this keeps getting repeated.
    Because of posts like this...

This is nuts.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/ma...e32a459a6.html

They just need to make marijuana recreational and lax the laws. It’s hard to believe we’re still making pot busts.
    and like this...

Especially the first one, where you pretty clearly state that to you, legalization means no enforcement. If that's not what you meant, you should be clearer on your posts. And if it's not, then these posts really make no sense. So don't be upset when people take you at your word, based on your posts.

I’m not upset at all and you aren’t understanding my posts then because nowhere did I state the full legalization would mean no pot busts ever. You don’t believe if we had full legalization that pot busts would drop? Less rules and restrictions on who can consume pot and who can’t etc. When was the last time a moonshine operation was put in the news in this state? Compare that to the amount of pot busts.

I’m not upset at all and you aren’t understanding my posts then because nowhere did I state the full legalization would mean no pot busts ever. You don’t believe if we had full legalization that pot busts would drop? Less rules and restrictions on who can consume pot and who can’t etc. When was the last time a moonshine operation was put in the news in this state? Compare that to the amount of pot busts.
    Trust me... when prohibition ended there was a lot of bootlegging/moonshine busts. Just because things have settled now (and they're not news) doesn't mean they didn't/don't happen. My family had a few bootleggers back in the day here in Oklahoma (the stories I could tell). None of the things you cited would change with legalization though. Those busts you've referenced would still be happening with full legalization, and would likely increase. The bigger the industry gets the more the old crime folks who depended on the income will try to get their piece. The same thing happened with alcohol, because organized crime was so dependent on that income back in the day.

As for recent busts, you probably don't notice because they're not something you look for but...

https://www.paulsvalleydailydemocrat...ab21a0dd1.html

https://ktul.com/news/local/oklahoma...ust-04-30-2019

https://tulsaworld.com/archive/extre...d7123558e.html

It's not super common, largely because most folks know the consequences, and it's not cheap and easy to set up a commercial moonshine operation on the sly. Weed is much easier barrier to entry, so I expect we'll continue to (rightfully) see these types of busts. We don't want folks flooding the market with unregulated, untaxed, and potentially unsafe product. They're not making busts of folks growing a plant or two for personal use. They're busting criminal enterprises which fund all sorts of horrible stuff.

So is it just me or are there a lot of weed shops closing down?

12. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    Following the path of the nutrition shops, cbd shops, froyo shops, and tattoo shops before them.

Maybe, but I also keep seeing new ones popping up, too. With as many shops as are in OKC alone, it's not surprising they all aren't making it.

14. Default Re: Cannabis

That happened in Colorado once the initial novelty wore off.

From OMMA:

July dispensaries: 2,274
    August dispensaries: 2,325

When it comes to growth industries in Oklahoma, how about this:

Nearly 376,000 Oklahomans — roughly 10% of the state’s population — have medical marijuana cards, by far the highest share in the country, according to the Marijuana Policy Project.

New Mexico, by contrast, has the second-highest number at 5.35%, with Colorado at 1.5%.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...sh-in-oklahoma

Aren New Mexico and Colorado recreational? Why get a medical card in a recreational state?

18. Default Re: Cannabis

Aren New Mexico and Colorado recreational? Why get a medical card in a recreational state?
    You can get more and it costs less. Probably a good thing for people really needing to use it medically. But I am guessing a fair share of OK residents are just using it recreational but getting the license.

Additionally, having a medical card helps you if you travel, since certain states are reciprocal (or like in DC, where the only true dispensaries require a medical license even though recreational is legal there).

20. Default Re: Cannabis

I didn't know that recreational was legal in DC.
    So in the place that won't change the law so I could get a card they have recreational.
    Not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I didn't know that recreational was legal in DC.
    So in the place that won't change the law so I could get a card they have recreational.
    Not fair.
    The funny thing is they legalized it for recreational use at the city level, but then congress made it illegal to buy or sell in the district. So it's totally legal to own, or consume (in private), but not to purchase. However, what's happening now is there are head shops that sell "collectibles" like wristbands, and with the purchase of said collectible you get a specific "gift" of your choice. But it's a gray area legally, so a lot of folks buy through the 5 (only 5) legal medical dispensaries they have, assuming you have a card. But they accept medical cards from most states that offer them.

I will also say, I was in DC last week and there were tons of folks just walking around smoking, even though that's illegal still. From what I was told, a long as you stay away from Federal property in DC (which is a little tricky) they don't enforce any of the federal laws.

Recreational marijuana petition reportedly still on track despite a couple hold ups. It would be great if it can happen.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/re...9bb8e9fa8.html

Maybe the fact the world hasn't imploded on itself like all the fear mongers said would happen with MMJ will help get the state to rec soon.

Blog Entries

If the state puts recreational marijuana up for a vote and it passes, Oklahoma will have facilities to distribute both Medical Marijuana & Recreational Marijuana.

Could Oklahoma become the only state to pass both Medical & Recreational Marijuana...

Recreational marijuana petition reportedly still on track despite a couple hold ups. It would be great if it can happen.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/re...9bb8e9fa8.html
    Well, who wants to help get signatures for the petition? Nobody? I thought so. But if they got enough money to pay signatures takers, surely a good number of people may want to change their minds. Never forget that the petition for SQ788 just barely got enough signatures.

Thread Information