Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 12 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Housing Market in OKC

Default Housing Market in OKC

Good news according to The Oklahoman. The housing market seems alive and well in Oklahoma City with the exception of a few suburbs.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-home...rticle/3688768

Default Re: Hosuing Market in OKC

It's interesting that Moore and Norman are still posting negative figures, I wonder if anyone has theorized on why that is. Also I am surprised that Yukon isn't mentioned at all, it seems like it has grown enough in recent years to be occasionally checked for a pulse in articles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    It's interesting that Moore and Norman are still posting negative figures, I wonder if anyone has theorized on why that is. Also I am surprised that Yukon isn't mentioned at all, it seems like it has grown enough in recent years to be occasionally checked for a pulse in articles like this.
    Yeah now that I think about it that is very wierd, because I just had a friend who moved out there and there really is alot going on there esp. new housing developements.

As for Moore and Norman, I have no clue about Norman, but it seems like Moore is doing pretty well IDK why they are negative.

BTW. I meant to type Housing Market.

The down numbers in Moore and Norman are really insignificant when looking at exact numbers. It's nothing to be concerned about for either city.

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    The city lines get a bit murky where the growth is around Yukon, it seems like more growth stopped in the West OKC and North Mustang areas near it than in Yukon itself.

The city lines aren't murky at all. They are very specific. The Oklahoman has just traditionally never included Yukon or Mustang when giving housing figures. The area in OKC between Yukon and Mustang is still very active and is included in the overall OKC figures.

What I was saying is many people mistake the areas that are West OKC and North Mustang for Yukon, which those areas did slow housing starts which could easily make someone feel Yukon's was slowing

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    What I was saying is many people mistake the areas that are West OKC and North Mustang for Yukon, which those areas did slow housing starts which could easily make someone feel Yukon's was slowing
    I know those areas can get confused by the general public but not by anyone doing official figures. I'm not sure what you mean by North Mustang being confused for Yukon. I've never heard that before. Mustang ends at 59th Street so it doesn't go very far North. I've seen no evidence that those areas are slowing. Do you know something that I don't?

I am dissapointed that Yukon wasnt mentioned, I really want to see Yukon and Mustang continue growing and eventually be the size of Edmond one day. Dont see how Moore is the fastest growing suburb at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    I am dissapointed that Yukon wasnt mentioned, I really want to see Yukon and Mustang continue growing and eventually be the size of Edmond one day. Dont see how Moore is the fastest growing suburb at all.
    Mustang has 12 square miles so it's impossible for it to ever achieve Edmond's population. Yukon has a little over twice as much area. Edmond has about 88 square miles. Mustang and Yukon combined will never match Edmond in population.

Moore's numbers weren't the largest for the suburbs. It was the greatest percentage increase for the larger suburbs, however.

I suppose they could always begin to build upwards, but I suspect that would chafe more than a few folks in town if things began to grow that direction.

Default Re: Housing Market in OKC

Right know we are at 6400 single family permits..over 20% from last year>>

The last few homes that I've had listed have sold very fast. The housing market in the OKC metro area is doing well in my opinion.

Is Moore almost out of land to build new homes? I know that its is wedged between okc and norman.

17. Default Re: Housing Market in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Is Moore almost out of land to build new homes? I know that its is wedged between okc and norman.
    Not quite. Still plenty of land left. Most of it will be in the area bordered by Bryant on the West, SE 4th/134 on the North, and the sections north of Indian Hills on the south. There are also still many places of open land in the core of Moore.

18. Default Re: Housing Market in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by RealEstateCop1 View Post
    The last few homes that I've had listed have sold very fast. The housing market in the OKC metro area is doing well in my opinion.
    I know houses are selling quickly around the Rockwell to County Line, Britton to 122nd area. Seldom see signs up for more than a couple of months before SOLD pops up.

In the state of the city address, it was mentioned 2,000 people move to OKC every month. That's an average of 66 a day. It's an interesting thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Good news according to The Oklahoman. The housing market seems alive and well in Oklahoma City with the exception of a few suburbs.

Oklahoma City homebuilders are acting like it's 2002 | NewsOK.com
    It said Moore was down 16%, but isn't the Moore city limits pretty much built out? I imagine most of OKC's huge increase in starts was in the far SW side in the Moore school district or far NW side in the Edmond or Deer Creek school district. For suburban areas, those two areas are really the best in the metro.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    In the state of the city address, it was mentioned 2,000 people move to OKC every month. That's an average of 66 a day. It's an interesting thought.
    That's a pretty cool statistic. I wonder how many people are moving out of OKC every month, and what the net population increase is?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    That's a pretty cool statistic. I wonder how many people are moving out of OKC every month, and what the net population increase is?
    Not sure, I assume that was the net population growth. 24K a year in growth / 12 months = 2,000.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    It said Moore was down 16%, but isn't the Moore city limits pretty much built out? I imagine most of OKC's huge increase in starts was in the far SW side in the Moore school district or far NW side in the Edmond or Deer Creek school district. For suburban areas, those two areas are really the best in the metro.
    Moore still has a fair amount of undeveloped land.

http://www.cityofmoore.com/sites/def...eOKMap2011.pdf

You would think Moore would be encouraging more dense, urban development since they will be running out of land in the next several years if trends continue.

Thread Information