How many of us are on here?

Default Re: Midwest City Residents: Roll Call

Me!

Me, also

4. Default Re: Midwest City Residents: Roll Call

There has to be more than just three of us... *cough Bomber *cough

There are some of us that are former MWC residents that still live and shop in the area but aren't technically MWC residents anymore. I grew up there but I live in OKC just outside the MWC city limits now.

6. Default Re: Midwest City Residents: Roll Call

I'm an OKCer now. I grew up in MWC, but i moved to 240/Sooner when we bought a house. As Wambo says, i still do most of my shopping in MWC though.

I live in MWC.

MWC here
    same neighborhood/house for 32 years

Once a Bomber always a Bomber...

Oops...just saw this thread. I'm in MWC, too.

Live in the original mile in the house my grandfather bought in 64. The house may be a older one but it's paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    How many of us are on here?
    I live in Midwest City !!

Have live in MWC for 43 years now. 23 on East side by Westminster, and 20 on West side by Sooner Rd.

I own two houses in the original square mile, do most my shopping in MWC but I don't actually live in MWC.

I grew up in Moore/South OKC area. I moved to MWC in 2008 when I met my wife. When I first moved here I was not too terribly excited about it but, my wife had the cheaper place here at Rolling Oaks and it was larger than mine. After about a week, I was sold on living here.

I don't why MWC gets such a bad rap from people that do not live here. The first thing I noticed living here was that my gas consumption dropped drastically from what it was when I lived in NW OKC. Everything we need is within a 3-5 minute drive of home. The only time we leave MWC is to go work or go see family. The only thing that is missing over here is a movie theater.

I love the people over here everyone is very friendly even the police are very nice people. I like the fact that they are very visible and very approachable. I even seen one on a Segway rolling around Joe Barnes Park. I also like the fact that the fire department is Johnny on the Spot every time you call them. Since I have lived here we had to call them for a medical call and one of the apartments in a neighboring building caught fire. They had it put out in less than ten minutes. The police even came out and helped them knock on doors to tell everyone to clear out just to be on the safe side.

My favorite place around here has to be Joe Barnes Park. I love the walking trails and seeing all the people out and about. I am very impressed with everything they do in that park. (Snow cone stand, Covered picnic areas with restrooms, ball fields, summer concerts, the huge playground, the Swim and Slide, the new dog park and the Drive Thru Christmas Lights at Christmas)

My wife and I hope to find a house over here in the not so distant future. So far we are seeing places we like behind the Reno Crest Store and behind Midwest Regional.

Bomber here.....class of 85. Live far sw okc now but still goes to MWC occasionally

Live in Spencer now. My first wife and I had our first apartment at Rolling Oaks, on Air depot. There was an abandoned orchard just south of the apartments, and we'd go pick fruit there.
    Been in MWC jail for drag racing on Air Depot. Married my current wife (a Bomber), in MWC. Frequented the Rendezvous for twenty years, before it was set on fire. Worked at Chromalloy for 7 years.
    Yeah, I'm 73110 for sho'!

Thread Information