Widgets Magazine
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 323334353637

Thread: OG&E Smart Hours Pricing Alerts

Default Re: OG&E Smart Hours Pricing Alerts

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    My thermostat is saying low again today.
    Yep mine two and probably a hole bunch of others as I tired to call and wait was 15 minutes.

Came home to a 72* house when it is 102* outside.

The thermostat shows $0.06 per kw hour and was at the 72* "low price" set point, however the myogepower.com site shows it is $0.47. Looks like I'm being billed at the $0.47 rate however.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oge messup.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	14002

Edit: I called OGE and the gentleman said he will add my name to a "complaints list" however refused to offer any type of bill credit after I asked for it twice. I was only asking for a $6.00 credit (roughly what running the AC for 2.5 hours at $0.47/kw hour costs).

The notifications all said the critical price, so I don't think they would adjust.

OGE stated on their Facebook page that they were going to make it good and only charge 6 cents for Friday.

Is anyone else missing the daily notifications about half the time? My mail logs show that they usually arrive between 2 and 3 p.m. with announcement of the next day's price, but last week I only got three notifications and this week I've seen only three....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kyle View Post
    Is anyone else missing the daily notifications about half the time? My mail logs show that they usually arrive between 2 and 3 p.m. with announcement of the next day's price, but last week I only got three notifications and this week I've seen only three....
    I get them intermittently and then I get emails explaining the screw ups.. the catch is.. I am not even on Smart hours any longer.

7. Default Re: OG&E Smart Hours Pricing Alerts

Our "smart" thermostat still randomly gets "alert", even during the winter. Thankfully, since i'm not a smart hours customer any longer, it doesn't actually try to kick in the "smart" logic and ignores it. And right now, i'm very glad im not a smart hours customer.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Our "smart" thermostat still randomly gets "alert", even during the winter. Thankfully, since i'm not a smart hours customer any longer, it doesn't actually try to kick in the "smart" logic and ignores it. And right now, i'm very glad im not a smart hours customer.
    I'm surprised you haven't put a different thermostat in since you're not on the smart hours program. Why not a wifi thermostat?
    Did you look into the TOU rate program?

So the report i have gotten says I have saved $149 year to date (2 months) using smarthours. But if I look at it with more detail it looks like that is just how much I have saved between 2-7. How much am I not saving having to pre-cool the house for 3 hours or having it run from 7pm until 2am to cool the house back down. Really thinking not worth it.

Well, pull your bill from a year ago and compare it to this year and see what the difference is.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    So the report i have gotten says I have saved $149 year to date (2 months) using smarthours. But if I look at it with more detail it looks like that is just how much I have saved between 2-7. How much am I not saving having to pre-cool the house for 3 hours or having it run from 7pm until 2am to cool the house back down. Really thinking not worth it.
    ALL of Smarthours savings are outside the hours of 2-7pm. 2-7pm is when rates are expensive.
    Smarthours savings comes from paying 1/2 price the other 143 hours of the week.

12. Default Re: OG&E Smart Hours Pricing Alerts

Quote Originally Posted by Servicetech571 View Post
    ALL of Smarthours savings are outside the hours of 2-7pm. 2-7pm is when rates are expensive.
    Smarthours savings comes from paying 1/2 price the other 143 hours of the week.
    EXACTLY.

You simply manage your usage from 2-7pm and you save $$$ the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Pretty sure OG&E calculates that number on your bill by comparing your current bill on SmartHours to what your bill would've been without SmartHours. So it does take into account electricity usage outside 2-7 pm. Yes, there's a small possibility you lose some "savings" by pre-cooling, but as others have pointed out, you more than make that up by paying way less for electricity during the pre-cooling period than you would have paid without SmartHours. (Also, if your house is well-insulated or your schedule/family situation allows it, you could reduce the amount of pre-cooling you do.)

Loving the 6 and 11 cent days we have had for the past couple of weeks. Makes up for all those critical days back in July.

15. Default Re: OG&E Smart Hours Pricing Alerts

Got my SmartHours end of season report today.

Said I saved $245.36 when compared to if I didn't have SmartHours.

Like I've always said, it's not huge savings, but since we don't find it inconvenient, it's more money in our pocket.

We have done so much for energy savings that it's cut into how much we saved, lol. This summer we saved $142 dollars. but my average bill was $83. for a 2k sq ft home with 12 large east/west facing windows and high ceilings I think that's really good.

17. Default Re: OG&E Smart Hours Pricing Alerts

Just did my average from last year to this year. Looks at $73 average. I do not have smarthours. 2400sq home. Trees block all my winds so pretty shady. I know I could lower my bill but I love my nice cool 68 degree home at night.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Just did my average from last year to this year. Looks at $73 average. I do not have smarthours. 2400sq home. Trees block all my winds so pretty shady. I know I could lower my bill but I love my nice cool 68 degree home at night.
    Smarthours would probably help you if you like it cool at night. 1/2 price power after 7pm.

19. Default Re: OG&E Smart Hours Pricing Alerts

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    We set our's at or around 68 most nights (depending on the outside temp).

20. Default Re: OG&E Smart Hours Pricing Alerts

Quote Originally Posted by Servicetech571 View Post
    Smarthours would probably help you if you like it cool at night. 1/2 price power after 7pm.
    Might try it out next year!

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    We set our's at or around 68 most nights (depending on the outside temp).
    Ty for the info!

We saved about $200 this year, with it at 68 night, 72 from 2pm-7pm, and 70 all other times. We were never uncomfortable and didn’t shift a lot of AC power. Most our savings probably came from simply not running the dishwasher/laundry/dryer from 2p-7p.

Although I did turn into my dad and I’m constantly shutting off lights.

Basically, in a nutshell if you have a newer home, smart hours is worth it, if you have an older home it is not.

23. Default Re: OG&E Smart Hours Pricing Alerts

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    Basically, in a nutshell if you have a newer home, smart hours is worth it, if you have an older home it is not.
    My house was built in 1964 and SmartHours works great for us.

Thread Information