Widgets Magazine

Thread: West of Lake Stanley Draper

Default West of Lake Stanley Draper

It seems to me a while back there was a discussion on the city building another just to the East of L S D, is it still in the works ? I drove down Sooner Rd a few weeks ago and am seeing lots of new housing developments going in. Is anyone in the know?

2. Default Re: West of Lake Stanley Draper

What?

Default Re: West of Lake Stanley Draper

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    What?

I think that is a question concerning past discussions about building another reservoir in that area.

Actually it's supposed to be between Douglas and Sooner, and 164th and 104th. Proposed to be West Elm Creek Reservoir. Don't have any idea when or if it's still going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambo36 View Post
    Actually it's supposed to be between Douglas and Sooner, and 164th and 104th. Proposed to be West Elm Creek Reservoir. Don't have any idea when or if it's still going to happen.
    That seems some odd bounds, if it were near Sooner road it would mostly be a second tier to lake Arcadia but if it is near Douglas it would be off the North Canadian river. If anything the next reservoir we ought to be considering east of Moore/Norman from the Canadian river since it generally will have much more water flowing through it than any other near us and we currently miss that catchment area entirely.

This map shows the proposed lake.

http://www2.mooreschools.com/site/pdf/MooreSEC2006.pdf

Why was I thinking north side.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    any idea on the status of this project?

9. Default Re: West of Lake Stanley Draper

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Why was I thinking north side.
    Cause it's backwards day? I don't know if this project will ever happen, but it would be interesting if it comes to be.

11. Default Re: West of Lake Stanley Draper

Ive said over in the OK River thread a few times that I'd like to see a large water feature near the downtown area or widen the river.

If anyone has ever taken Sooner north from Norman and peaks the highest hill, you can see a nice shot of OKC/TAFB

there is a perfect area to flood right next to downdown just northeast flood the whole side of town and only tell the elderly people there let the rest live at the bottom of the lake our crime rates would drop drastically.

PS former delivery driver been robbed mugged stabbed and carjacked over there so my comments are bias

1972, Ive seen you in several threads be really rude and distrubing. I know you can say whatever you want on the internet, but that does not mean you have to.

At least when others are making an a** out of themselves, they are arguing a point. Not wishing to kill of people at mass rates. This post along with the post wanting to kill everyone in Gallardia is just disturbing. Seek help.

I'd love to see them widen the river, but it seems unlikely now that it is developed.

A better lake then stanely draper would be nice, but if they could just develop draper some more that would be my ideal place to go instead of lake hefner. Especially if you could swim in an area of the lake. It sucks having to drive to arcadia anytime I want to get some open water swimming in.

maybe I should start putting J/K at the end of said statments

I don't wish a tornado on anyone but I did say WHEN one comes to OKC I hope/prefer it goes Gallardia's way those homes have nice storm shelters and great homeowners insurance both of which alot of people elsewhere in the city don't their homes are better constructed as well. I'll be out there again making money rebuilding the place and this time charging the extar 500 bucks a day instead of losing on the mud tracking fine wonder if they would fine a tornado for tracking mud lol

The eastside comment I said warn the elderly lol and my comments are bias

16. Default Re: West of Lake Stanley Draper

Honestly, the NE OKC area would probably be one of the only areas available besides West Elm.

Quote Originally Posted by 1972ford View Post
    maybe I should start putting J/K at the end of said statments
    I'm not sure "let's kill all the blacks" followed by j/k or LOL is much of an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I'm not sure "let's kill all the blacks" followed by j/k or LOL is much of an improvement.
    Yeah, his comment is pretty offensive when you take the time to read it.

I never said anything about blacks

Thread Information