Widgets Magazine

Thread: Strawberry Beer

Default Strawberry Beer

My boyfriend and I really enjoy a strawberry pale wheat ale from the Glenwood Canyon Brewing Co. in Glenwood Springs, CO. They only have it about four days a year in conjunction with a local festival. I'm looking for something similar that's readily available around here. I went to Byron's and picked up one of everything that said strawberry - Timmerman's, Bridgeport, Samuel Smith, and Fruli. We're going to test these over this week but I thought I'd also see if anyone here had any recommendations for a good strawberry beer, and where to find it.

Default Re: Strawberry Beer

No idea here.... Belle Isle has a nice Raspberry one.

3. Default Re: Strawberry Beer

Abita Strawberry is very good. It is also very limited and very hard to find since it is seasonal. Your best bet would be at republic where they have it every now and then, or asking local liquor store to order some up.

I haven't tried a strawberry beer, I might have to pick up a single of that if I see it around here or wander out near Glenwood Springs. There are just so many different ones to try here in Colorado. Most of the beers with fruit adjuncts just don't taste right to me but one of the few that I liked was Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat, usually in small doses.

I just had Abita when I was in New Orleans and it was fantastic.

Thanks! My BF just picked up 3 6-packs of Abita at Cellar in Norman. Hope we like it!

Edit: I should say that Abita's website product locator showed nothing within 100 mi of OKC - he actually went to Cellar looking for something else.

Thread Information