Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: High Density Living: Norman Edition

Default Re: High Density Living: Norman Edition

Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post
    Warreng, in all reality I would not spend less money, just to save the cost. The amenties are what helps "Seal the Deal" for my Tower. It's like taking your own environment w/ you. If my mixed use tower has 3 floors dedicated to retail / rest / book store / Starbucks, then my develompent becomes the anchor.
    I understand what you would do, but let's just say for sh!ts and giggles that someone wants to build a condo tower but does not want to do any sort of other amenitites. Where then would you advise them to put it? And no, you cannot tell them to add retail/bookstore/pet shop/braum's/christie's toy box to the development. Just the tower and parking.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Let's take the idea of retail, restaurant, etc out of the equation. Vision, where in Norman would be the best place to put a 15 story residential tower with the only amenities being on site parking?
    Warreng, for the sake of discussion, if I were to place a Trendy Condo Tower in Norman ( w/o amenities ) w/ parking only, then I would say Lindsey & I-35 on the NW corner ( car lot there? ).

3. Default Re: High Density Living: Norman Edition

...the comment about large buildings was a response to your "throw a tower out in the middle of nowwhere". ...Your are correct, LNC is not that new, so i will mention that my Tower will be 2 blocks from the Largest Museum in Norman, The Sam Noble Museum of Natural History. I did overlook that one. lol.

Yes, the 4-6 developments are hot in Deep Duece. A big need. What makes my offer of a large tower is the 30,000 customers ( each year ) that attend the Univ. of Oklahoma. This is the Dynamic that would "feed" my Trendy Condo / Apt. Tower.
    I've lived in Norman for 15 years. I've never been to the museum. Chances are it is not going to be a selling point at all to live in some tower south of campus. I much rather would be more interested in retail and restaurant choices. Something your facility wouldn't be able to compete with.

Warreng, in all reality I would not spend less money, just to save the cost. The amenties are what helps "Seal the Deal" for my Tower. It's like taking your own environment w/ you. If my mixed use tower has 3 floors dedicated to retail / rest / book store / Starbucks, then my develompent becomes the anchor.
    So you are going to fill it with chains to compete against more local/unique options near campus. You are going to suggest a book store? Yes...cause those are doing SO well these days.

But did you notice that I said I would NOT live in that if you were to put it where you originally proposed? You know why? There is nothing else down there. Then I am just some d-bag living in condo next to Lloyd Noble and the water treatment plant. I bet you could put just about any building, whether it be a six story in-fill (like venture is talking about) or a 15 story condo/apartment near Campus Corner and it would sell because of the already existing activities available.
    Especially with houses going for north of $300K-400K in the campus corner area already...developers could get a pretty penny for urban developments in the same area.

4. Default Re: High Density Living: Norman Edition

Warreng, for the sake of discussion, if I were to place a Trendy Condo Tower in Norman ( w/o amenities ) w/ parking only, then I would say Lindsey & I-35 on the NW corner ( car lot there? ).
    Wow really...over UNP?

You realize a tower was proposed for that area and went no where right? Are you using any common sense in your decision making or just pulling it from down under?

What that spot specifically? Why wouldn't you put it north of Boyd and University Blvd?

NOW, I would not do ONLY that. The Tower must have the amenities too. That is what makes the desire for the consumer, a Closed Loop. ...so the best place again is Chaut & Imhoff.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Wow really...over UNP?

You realize a tower was proposed for that area and went no where right? Are you using any common sense in your decision making or just pulling it from down under?
    He asked "if i placed a tower in norman w/o amenities, where would I put it? ...the most visible location in norman. BUT, I would not spend 8-10 Million w/o amenities. Guys, you don't have a condo w/o the beach? ... I would spend $18 Mil w/ all the amenities and insure the success ot the development long term.

One more thing, from my High End Trendy Condo Tower, you can watch the OU Sooners practices from your balcony or the Work-out Faclity on the 12th Floor. Or, you can just sit back in the Lounge area on the 11th floor. ...take a look again at the type of trendy Warreng likes: ...lol.

100 DAVENPORT | YORKVILLE CONDOS | THE FLORIAN CONDOS | 100 DAVENPORT CONDOMINIUMS

There is a lot of unintended comedy in this thread.

NOW, I would not do ONLY that. The Tower must have the amenities too. That is what makes the desire for the consumer, a Closed Loop. ...so the best place again is Chaut & Imhoff.
    So, you are going to place a tower with a restaurant, bookstore, retail, coffee shop in an area surrounded only by other apartments, Lloyd Noble, Sam Noble and other homes that is a nine minute drive to the I-35 Main Street interchange (using googlemaps) over a tower on University and Boyd that is a 10 minute drive (again, googlemaps) surrounded by Blackbird, Cafe Plaid, 405 imports, Tulips, Take Five, Hideaway, Brothers, Blush, Buchanan Bicycles, Victoria's, the Deli, Toto's pizza, Beloved Bridal Boutique, Logan's, Fuzzy's, Crooked Crust, Pickleman's, O'Connell's, Balfour, Louie's, Starbucks, Which Wich, Pita Pit, Midfirst Bank, Lucca and a two block walk from campus?

Do you see my point? One would not have to spend the extra money on amenities directly in the tower development because already established places are a two block walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I hope this was not directed at me, but it might be...

and you can have on too. Since your the SoonerGuru, just be sure to order early, the good ones go first.

One more thing, from my High End Trendy Condo Tower, you can watch the OU Sooners practices from your balcony or the Work-out Faclity on the 12th Floor. Or, you can just sit back in the Lounge area on the 11th floor. ...take a look again at the type of trendy Warreng likes: ...lol.

100 DAVENPORT | YORKVILLE CONDOS | THE FLORIAN CONDOS | 100 DAVENPORT CONDOMINIUMS
    Don't keep referencing me in these post, please. I don't want you to get the idea that I agree with you on, really, anything in general. In regards to the condos themselves, I would not pay $400,000-$3,750,000 to own a small condo in Norman. If I am going to pay that kind of money, it is going to DT OKC where I don't have to worry about owning a car and am around plenty of amenities not just a starbucks, restaurant and a book store.

I hope this was not directed at me, but it might be...
    Nope.

So, you are going to place a tower with a restaurant, bookstore, retail, coffee shop in an area surrounded only by other apartments, Lloyd Noble, Sam Noble and other homes that is a nine minute drive to the I-35 Main Street interchange (using googlemaps) over a tower on University and Boyd that is a 10 minute drive (again, googlemaps) surrounded by Blackbird, Cafe Plaid, 405 imports, Tulips, Take Five, Hideaway, Brothers, Blush, Buchanan Bicycles, Victoria's, the Deli, Toto's pizza, Beloved Bridal Boutique, Logan's, Fuzzy's, Crooked Crust, Pickleman's, O'Connell's, Balfour, Louie's, Starbucks, Which Wich, Pita Pit, Midfirst Bank, Lucca and a two block walk from campus?

Do you see my point? One would not have to spend the extra money on amenities directly in the tower development because already established places are a two block walk away.
    YES, I would have first 3 floors w/ Retail , Eateries, etc. I would not build all the stores you mentioned, but a few "Very Select" choices. This Tower will pull its own customer base. You can still have yours. One would not canniblize the other.

YES, I would have first 3 floors w/ Retail , Eateries, etc. I would not build all the stores you mentioned, but a few "Very Select" choices. This Tower will pull its own customer base. You can still have yours. One would not canniblize the other.
    Which stores that I mentioned? The long list of stores which already exist on campus corner or the basic stores that exist in pretty much every hotel that you mentioned?

I would think you could charge about $100,000 more for the exact same condo near the campus corner area over your location and your building costs would be significantly lower since you wouldn't have to build "Very Select choice" stores as you put it.

Don't keep referencing me in these post, please. I don't want you to get the idea that I agree with you on, really, anything in general. In regards to the condos themselves, I would not pay $400,000-$3,750,000 to own a small condo in Norman. If I am going to pay that kind of money, it is going to DT OKC where I don't have to worry about owning a car and am around plenty of amenities not just a starbucks, restaurant and a book store.
    $285 K - $475K. ...we will book them all day long.

Nope.
    Hey Guru, do you want one on the upper floors?

19. Default Re: High Density Living: Norman Edition

Go back and look what I said earlier about this...that you seem to have ignored. The development you keep highlighting is one in a high density area of Toronto. Apples and Oranges.

And wait...watch OU practice? From the 12th floor? Are you an idiot or do you have x-ray vision? I would assume you mean the football team and if that's the case, good luck looking through the dorm towers and trees to the practice field that is - as the crow flies - 1.25 miles from where you are proposing. If I had someone trying to sell me on that I would laugh in their face and call them a moron...and recommend they go back to the used car lot from where they came.

20. Default Re: High Density Living: Norman Edition

How are you going to get retail in there when Campus Corner is a much strong prospect (more density and foot traffic) and the vast majority are being sucked into UNP.

Look I commend people that have exciting ideas to share, but you need to fully vet them before you get behind it. Hey I've had crazy ideas for an airline based in OKC...is it logical? Not without asking a billionaire if they want to become a millionaire.

However I look at existing urban developments around right now. The newer urban development at 12th and Lindsey, which is almost at full build out now, has struggled to get retail into the first floor. That is being on a corner with some of the highest traffic numbers in the city. That too is also next to numerous apartment complexes, has more food options in the area, and about equal distance to the heart of campus.

As entertaining as this has been, you aren't doing yourself any favors.

Go back and look what I said earlier about this...that you seem to have ignored. The development you keep highlighting is one in a high density area of Toronto. Apples and Oranges.

And wait...watch OU practice? From the 12th floor? Are you an idiot or do you have x-ray vision? I would assume you mean the football team and if that's the case, good luck looking through the dorm towers and trees to the practice field that is - as the crow flies - 1.25 miles from where you are proposing. If I had someone trying to sell me on that I would laugh in their face and call them a moron...and recommend they go back to the used car lot from where they came.
    Are you even aware of the OU Football program at all? ...do you even know where they practice? Pre-season is across the street from my new Trendy Condo Tower. Ok, since you used the word idiot to describe me, then I will be forced to apply that word to all the people that don't understand how development works. A developer may use the same "building design / footprint" for other locations. It keeps cost down. The Civil is the only changes and a few misc. for adaptations on local. The Davenport Model can be placed in other locations Venture.

Venture, how does that crow taste?

How are you going to get retail in there when Campus Corner is a much strong prospect (more density and foot traffic) and the vast majority are being sucked into UNP.

Look I commend people that have exciting ideas to share, but you need to fully vet them before you get behind it. Hey I've had crazy ideas for an airline based in OKC...is it logical? Not without asking a billionaire if they want to become a millionaire.

However I look at existing urban developments around right now. The newer urban development at 12th and Lindsey, which is almost at full build out now, has struggled to get retail into the first floor. That is being on a corner with some of the highest traffic numbers in the city. That too is also next to numerous apartment complexes, has more food options in the area, and about equal distance to the heart of campus.

As entertaining as this has been, you aren't doing yourself any favors.
    As a stick-built structure, your area would be competing against all the other apartment locations. My Tower would stand alone, in competition. The bottom line is this, Norman in the campus corner area is "coming alive", but I'm not banking on the Campus Corner... I will talke all the other Top 10 % customers. I'm fine w/ that.

Are you even aware of the OU Football program at all? ...do you even know where they practice? Pre-season is across the street from my new Trendy Condo Tower. Ok, since you used the word idiot to describe me, then I will be forced to apply that word to all the people that don't understand how development works. A developer may use the same "building design / footprint" for other locations. It keeps cost down. The Civil is the only changes and a few misc. for adaptations on local. The Davenport Model can be placed in other locations Venture.

Wow, you really showed him. May I suggest to you a book called "How to win friends and influence people"? I think it would be a good read for you.

24. Default Re: High Density Living: Norman Edition

Okay so that's pre-season...what about the rest of the season? Anyway. So you are saying you understand development - how much have you actually participated in?

As a stick-built structure, your area would be competing against all the other apartment locations. My Tower would stand alone, in competition. The bottom line is this, Norman in the campus corner area is "coming alive", but I'm not banking on the Campus Corner... I will talke all the other Top 10 % customers. I'm fine w/ that.
    So you are saying it is better to have individual developments spread out all over the place? You are one of the problems with the sprawl issue. You want to develop a high density structure but then don't want to put it in the area the high density is best supported? Let's not forget that actual developers have been applying to build there. No one has proposed a residential tower out on your "island". Granted...City of Norman won't permit it either as the high density district will be from Campus Corner to Downtown. So you are DOA regardless.

Wow, you really showed him. May I suggest to you a book called "How to win friends and influence people"? I think it would be a good read for you.
    Reading comprehension. Warrreng, read again what I said... Since he used the word "idiot"...???? and he was wrong both times. So Warreng, go someplace else w/ that babble. I did read "It's Tough to Soar w/ Eagles when you Blog w/ Turkeys".

Thread Information