Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: business requests

1. Default business requests

If you could get any business(es) to locate in Oklahoma City, either headquarters or locations (or both) which one(s) would it be... And why?

Default Re: business requests

In-and-Out burgers because they are yummmmmy
    W hotels, because they are sweet

3. Default Re: business requests

I miss In & Out Burgers.... the best in the world!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

4. Default Re: business requests

Quote Originally Posted by Karried
    I miss In & Out Burgers.... the best in the world!
    Although on a strict diet, I'll try one if they are in the Stockton area.

I would like to see Bojangles Chicken, El Polo Loco, and Del Taco.

5. Default Re: business requests

Without a doubt, I'd like to see a Costco. It's my favorite department store, and they'd give Wal-Mart a run for their money.

6. Default Re: business requests

i would really like to see urban outfitters come to okc.. talk has been that they are coming to bricktown... but we shall see.. they have some really cool, affordable clothes

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

I want to see Wal Mart relocate their headquarters to Oklahoma City. Or at least give us some sort of managerial branch... haven't we been better to their corporation that Arkansas itself?!!

mranderson, i'm pretty sure there is a Del Taco in stillwater and I know there is one in Ponca City

Costco locations.

A place where I can go so my laughing hyenas could get potty trained. lol

cheesecake factory.

jenncole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BricktownGuy
    A place where I can go so my laughing hyenas could get potty trained. lol
    Best of Luck finding that place, Brick.

13. Default Re: business requests

While in California, I ate at a sandwich shop called Togo's. They have really good subs which are packed with meat. The cost is competitave with Subway, but the quality is much higher.

I would love to see them here. In addition. In n' Out. Just your typical hamburger.

14. Default Re: business requests

I'd like to see Whole Foods Natural Market. And they can't give us that joke of a story about how they cannot open a location here because Oklahoma doesn't allow the sale of wine in grocery stores. That is a load of crap.

Whole Foods has locations in Colorado, Kansas and Minnesota- all three of which only allow the sale of 3.2% abw beer in grocery stores. So, what's their excuse now?
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

whole foods is great. and H.E.B's central market would be a great add as well.

It has become clear what you guys really want: Southern California

17. Default Re: business requests

Quote Originally Posted by BDP
    It has become clear what you guys really want: Southern California
    Presumtion. I was 400 miles north of Los Angeles.

I agree with poe...a Central Market would be GREAT! I'd also like to see a Cafe' Brazil.

19. Default Re: business requests

Any upscale grocery store. It is VERY sad that Oklahoma City does not have one.

20. Default Re: business requests

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok
    Any upscale grocery store. It is VERY sad that Oklahoma City does not have one.
    We had an upscale grocer, however it was not a grocery store. It was a super market called Wehba's Grand Bazzar. It was owned by the family of famed Oklahoma City DJ, Dale Wehba. It failed due to high pricing.

21. Default Re: business requests

Where was it located? When was that? I have never heard of such a place (maybe that is the reason it failed). I know one could make it-- SURELY an HEB Marketplace could make it in NW OKC or Edmond.

22. Default Re: business requests

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok
    Where was it located? When was that? I have never heard of such a place (maybe that is the reason it failed). I know one could make it-- SURELY an HEB Marketplace could make it in NW OKC or Edmond.
    This was in the 80's. I think they had two locations. One was at 240 and Walker in the building that was last Pratt's. Dale did a lot of advertising, so that was not it. Their prices were VERY high.

Presumtion. I was 400 miles north of Los Angeles.
    A good safe distance.

Don't get me wrong I love Togo's and In N Out as much as the next guy (as well as both Northern and Southern California). I just found it funny how many popular CA eateries were being listed.

If I was going to import some CA restaurants I might start with Sushi Roku, then maybe El Taqueria from the Mission in SF (why don't big burrito places survive in OK, seems like a natural to me), maybe Beetelnut, and definitely Massawa from the Haight.

But I'd also pretty much take any innovative sushi place, fat burrito joint, fusion southeast Asian bar-b-que (or whatever Beetelnut is), or (PLEASE!) some Ethiopian food. Yummy.

tomokc Guest

The Oasis (Palo Alto, CA) and Round Table Pizza! And Eatzi's.

I was just thinking that yesterday, why dont we have an HEB Marketplace or some mega-grocery store that caters to alot of ethnicities and has a huge variety. It would certainly do well in NW OKC or Edmond. I guess the closest thing we have to upscale grocer is Crescent Market in Nichols Hills.

Thread Information