Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Classen

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Classen

I think that goes back to people crapping it up and them not having time to fix it, since they had a contractor build it, the local guy may not have those kinds of expertise...

Came across some nice interior pics of the Classen, so I thought I'd share.

These may all be penthouse views -- I don't really know.

Some nice outside view shots as well:

Not sure how old all these photos are, as the last one is clearly pre-Devon Tower. That should be an even sweeter view now.

Some of these pics came from here:
    The Classen Apartments - Oklahoma City, OK 73106 | Apartments for Rent

The rest from here:
    Photos | The Classen Apartments For Rent in Oklahoma City, OK 73106

OKC really has some class!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Not that they're as good quality wise, and I'm sure I've posted them before, but I do periodically update my pics from the Classen....

Picasa Web Albums - Shawn Wright - Sunsets (and ...

Wish I could afford to live in the Classen...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Not that they're as good quality wise, and I'm sure I've posted them before, but I do periodically update my pics from the Classen....

Picasa Web Albums - Shawn Wright - Sunsets (and ...
    Nice! Thanks so much for putting up that link.

Here's a few pics from that set that I liked:

Great view. Plus you could keep in really good shape (and build big arm muscles) keeping those windows clean!

Wonderful views of the marathon:

And a couple of other window shots:

If you want to know what it would be like to add buildings to the skyline, find a way to view the skyline at night from various angles a couple miles north of The Classen, and it almost looks as if that tower is part of the rest of the skyline. You notice it especially driving on I-44. At night, your depth perception isn't as good, so it's hard to tell that The Classen is actually ~2 miles north of the rest of the CBD. It's especially interesting to see it placed on the west side of Devon and then also about where the 4th/EKG spot would sit.

Blog Entries

Couple issues with this article... it says it was built in 1954. Pretty sure that date is associated with the gold dome. There's a plaque in the lobby that says "Citizens Bank Tower 1966-2006" if I recall (edit: the article contradicts itself as later in the article it notes the 1966 date). Also, it states the Classen "celebrates its first decade". While Tanenbaum bought it in 2004, we weren't able to move in until late 2006/early 2007 depending on your unit. There really shouldn't be anyone celebrating ten years. And I'm not sure if any original tenants are left. A few of us hung on until this last year.

I remember Mr Hunt, interviewed for the article. We worked for the same company while I lived there. Nice guy.

I enjoyed my time at the Classen, especially at the price point I was paying, which was a couple hundred less than the lowest price quoted in the article, probably due to being one of the last remaining original tenants (first occupier of my unit). I was lucky to have only experienced a couple hundred dollars in rent escalation in the 6+ years I was there. Take note, while the building was fully renovated in 2006, it's still an old building with old building problems. But otherwise, the experience was great. Loved being close to so much.

The Classen tower in Oklahoma City celebrates its first decade | News OK

I had no idea they had an indoor lap pool!

Shawn or anyone who may know, do they offer their facilities to outsiders for a fee or do you have to be a resident?

Blog Entries

I've seen them rent out the clubhouse to outsiders before. So probably as long as you're willing to give them a check for the deposit you can probably rent the clubhouse and probably the deck, but not sure about the pool.

Not shown in the photo, there's also a hot tub.

Moving to the Classen in a month. Any opinions good or bad of this place?

Quote Originally Posted by kjones View Post
    Moving to the Classen in a month. Any opinions good or bad of this place?
    Management has been shoddy at times. The luxury label is oversold in terms of service. But it has been about 7 months since my friends moved out and they were in the middle of making management changes at the time, so maybe it's better now. Also, south facing units get very hot and if the power goes out for a second, the chiller will go down and they won't restart it on the weekends unless it gets really hot.

Thread Information