Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods to open in Moore

Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods Coming to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Very nice. I wonder what is going in next to the walmart on Penn in between the discount tire and freddys. They cleared a HUGE area there.
    I noticed that as well. My guess is they're finally expanding that neighborhood on 122nd just east of Penn across the street from Heritage Hall. Probably an inaccurate guess, but nevertheless a guess.

So it looks like OKC is getting a Dick's Sporting Goods after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    So it looks like OKC is getting a Dick's Sporting Goods after all.
    Looks like it may be two Dick's Sporting Goods. One in Moore and one on the Edmond side of the Kilpatrick Turnpike.

I also think Dick's would do well in Midwest City as well as westside of town on I-40.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    I also think Dick's would do well in Midwest City as well as westside of town on I-40.
    Speaking of MWC, wasn't there a plan at one point (recently) for a Dick's to go in somewhere there? However, if I remember correctly the plan fell through.

And I know lasomeday was saying that Dick's Sporting Goods was close to finalizing a deal to build out by the new Outlet Mall not too long ago. Not sure if that's still the case but I remember it being said.

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    Speaking of MWC, wasn't there a plan at one point (recently) for a Dick's to go in somewhere there? However, if I remember correctly the plan fell through.

And I know lasomeday was saying that Dick's Sporting Goods was close to finalizing a deal to build out by the new Outlet Mall not too long ago. Not sure if that's still the case but I remember it being said.
    They were also originally supposed to come to UNP as well. Don't know what happend there.

Looks like it may be two Dick's Sporting Goods. One in Moore and one on the Edmond side of the Kilpatrick Turnpike.
    That's still OKC, but yes closer to Edmond.

originally there was a development at Memorial and Western including a Dicks, but it fell through when economy tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    originally there was a development at Memorial and Western including a Dicks, but it fell through when economy tanked.
    I was pretty sure this wasn't the first rumbling I've heard of Dick's going in up in this area. I just hope it doesn't repeat course.

Interesting article in okcBIZ News

http://okc.biz/oklahoma/article-6204...-business.html

"With a Dick’s Sporting Goods hopefully opening this year, Ebrey’s retail wish list includes the Meat House, which opened a store in Edmond last year, and Whole Foods Market."

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike View Post
    Interesting article in okcBIZ News

http://okc.biz/oklahoma/article-6204...-business.html

"With a Dick’s Sporting Goods hopefully opening this year, Ebrey’s retail wish list includes the Meat House, which opened a store in Edmond last year, and Whole Foods Market."
    Great news on Dicks but even though landing Whole Foods isn't likely it would be wise for them to locate in Moore which would grab Norman and the south siders

"The Deal is Done: Dick's Sporting Goods to Open in Moore"

http://www.mooremonthly.com/index.ph...s&news_id=1258

Quote Originally Posted by moore monthly
    The store is one of four planned for the metro Oklahoma City area. The company's strategy is to open all four stores simultaneously.
    i wonder where the other three are going in at? -M

edit: from another thread, looks like one of them is going in on i-40 west.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    i wonder where the other three are going in at? -M
    one is going in off of I-40 between Rockwell and MacCarther... between home depot and best buy.
    one is going in at penn north of Memorial... just north of target
    and i have heard that one is going in on northwest expressway, though i have not been able to confirm this or find the exact location

Very excited about Dicks Sporting Goods coming to the OKC Metro Area!

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    one is going in off of I-40 between Rockwell and MacCarther... between home depot and best buy.
    one is going in at penn north of Memorial... just north of target
    and i have heard that one is going in on northwest expressway, though i have not been able to confirm this or find the exact location
    I had heard Midwest City in addition to Moore, Memorial, and I-40 and Macarthur.

Its being built out off 1-40 and rockwell

Default Dick's Sporting Goods to open in Moore

I like Dick's better than Academy and was disappointed that it was Academy who came to UNP. I will probably check out Dick's whenever they open in Moore. What do you all think of Dick's?

Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods to open in Moore

I think it's about time that Academy got some competition in OKC.

I was hoping for a blockbuster grab of Cabela's but Dicks will do just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Dekoung View Post
    I like Dick's better than Academy and was disappointed that it was Academy who came to UNP. I will probably check out Dick's whenever they open in Moore. What do you all think of Dick's?
    Same stuff, smaller stores, comparable prices.

Everything I read about it online appears to be negative. The only stores that will lose business to Dicks is the department stores. Every that shops Academy regularly will still shop there. Academy as much to worry about as Walmart does when a Big Lots opens across the street. (which is not all that much)

Why is this in the Norman section? I know you mentioned UNP but they're building this in Moore, which is even in your title?

24. Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods to open in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Same stuff, smaller stores, comparable prices.
    Except the quality of products at Dick's is higher... For example, Academy doesn't have a large North Face or Patagonia selection like most Dicks.

Why is this in the Norman section? I know you mentioned UNP but they're building this in Moore, which is even in your title?
    Forgot to mention, I'm with you on liking Dick's better than Academy.

Thread Information