Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: McNellie's

1. Default Re: McNellie's (great pub in Tulsa) coming to Plaza Court!

We went last Saturday just for drinks. I love the space--it's so unique and doesn't feel "commercial" at all. It was an interesting crowd. My friend used to live in D.C. and he said it reminded him of places there, sort of an "educated" crowd. I also loved seeing people WALKING up to the door from down the street.

A++

2. Default Re: McNellie's (great pub in Tulsa) coming to Plaza Court!

YES, great to hear guys.

This will add and do wonders for Downtown Oklahoma City!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

3. Default Re: McNellie's (great pub in Tulsa) coming to Plaza Court!

Anyone have a phone number for them yet? I want ot see if they have the same $3 Wednesday burger deal that they do in Tulsa.

Default Re: McNellie's (great pub in Tulsa) coming to Plaza Court!

Matt:

Try the website: McNellie's Public House - Tulsa, Oklahoma - Restaurant Menu - Entrees

Maybe you can get an email out. If you find out let us all know.

5. Default Re: McNellie's (great pub in Tulsa) coming to Plaza Court!

Yes, they have the $3 burgers on Wednesday! I was just there yesterday.

The sweet potato fries were so tasty. I'm confused about the sandwich I got, though. I ordered a chicken sandwich on texas toast with bacon, and I got some kind of turkey/ham club type sandwich on a croissant which wasn't even on the menu :P It was still good, and I didn't really even realize it until I got home and looked at the menu again!
    Still corrupting young minds

6. Default Re: McNellie's (great pub in Tulsa) coming to Plaza Court!

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    Yes, they have the $3 burgers on Wednesday!

GLORY BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was there last night and Tuesday for lunch. Only had a beer, but the beer selection rivals Tapwerks.

I think McNellie's is going to cost Tapwerks a lot of business.

8. Default Re: McNellie's (great pub in Tulsa) coming to Plaza Court!

Tapwerks is going to have to try harder to get customers...they've been enjoying the "only game in town" thing for a bit and have grown soft.

Default Re: McNellie's Midtown

I went last Saturday evening. They had opened at 11:00 that morning. One of the managers talked to us as we were waiting for a cab. He said he was pleased and they only had a few hiccups. There was something with the ventilation on the 3rd floor? Not sure, my memory is hazy. I went to the 3rd floor very briefly because it was the smoking section.

Overall, I thought it was great. Obscene amount of beers...on tap and bottled. The place was nice on the inside, but not too nice and shiny. Has the Irish Pub feel, but not overly corny as some of those places can be. All kinds of people where there...hipsters, alternative folks, yuppies, college age kids, young professionals, etc. The waitstaff seemed to a little touch and go, but that is to be expected...especially when you are slammed on opening night. They were very friendly. I've been to the one in Tulsa only once so I really can't compare them.

Going back this evening for happy hour. It is a fun place and that area is getting better every day.

10. Default Re: McNellie's Midtown

Speaking of being slammed...sounds like you had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    Tapwerks is going to have to try harder to get customers...they've been enjoying the "only game in town" thing for a bit and have grown soft.

I agree. And I for some reason have never fully liked the Tapwerks in B-town. The one that closed off of Western was 100 times better in my opinion.

McNellies is great. I just posted my thoughts on it in the Food Court board.

I agree about the Tapwerks on Western, I've always thought that the Western Tapwerks was 70 or 80 times better than the Tapwerks in Bricktown but now that I'm really thinking about it, and reminiscing, I'm leaning towards it being 100 times better. Seriously. It was the jam. Great jukebox music, Bricktown Tapwerks charges a cover - Lame!

Western used to be fun... I spent many a good nights at the Split-T.

for some reason have never fully liked the Tapwerks in B-town.
    Agree completely. Was in there once and didn't like the place at all.

McNellie's has much more character.

The only real Irish Pub I have been to is KilKenny's in Tulsa. Is it any comparison to that?

16. Default Re: McNellie's (great pub in Tulsa) coming to Plaza Court!

Kilkenney's is pretty legit, in my world. It's comparable to that, but with more americanized food.

Went last night for an hour or so because of the "3 dollar burger" Wednesdays only to find out that their specials don't start until the second week in July. No complaints though. I enjoyed the burger nonetheless and the beer is great of course. Anyone like Fat Tire Beer? If so try the Left Hand Sawtooth. I'm convinced they have made a pretty decent replica; which is great considering you can't get Fat Tire in OK.

It's too bad they aren't going to do the "Mug Club" like they do at the Tulsa store. You pay $35 and get your own mug with your name on it and they hang it on the wall.

Last night the GM said that the Tulsa store has an employee who just manages the mugs. At the midtown store, you have to drink either 100 or 200 beers before you can get a mug.

Had lunch at McNellie's today with my dad who was up from Texas. Awesome cheeseburgers, ice cold Guinness and Optimater straight from the tap, and super atmosphere. Can't wait to try out the smoking level!

Foods great, atmosphere is fantastic.....another home run for Midtown!

Went last night with a group of friends. There were 7 of us total and we sat in one of the upper sections of the non-smoking level. Great atmosphere, decent food (we shared amongst us the sweet potato fries, fish n chips, meatloaf and artichoke dip) and of course, fabulous beer list. I'm more of a cider drinker, so really appreciated their nice selection of hard ciders.

The service, however, left A LOT to be desired. Our waiter would disappear for 20+ minute stretches, and in one case, a friend, who came late to our gathering, had to wait almost half an hour for her beer to be delivered. When it came it wasn't what she had ordered. Another friend had the wrong food brought to her, and more than one person with our group noticed that the hostess greeted them with just kind of a gaping, blank stare instead of any sort of welcome. I found it ironic that the back of the hostess' t-shirt said "Where's My Server?," because there were several times when we thought ours had disappeared altogether.

That being said, they realized their errors and not only took one of our rounds completely off our tabs, but later brought us out a round of drinks on the house. Overall, the feeling was that we'd come back, but give em a few weeks to get established and work out the kinks.

My favorite part about it is getting to go into a real bar and hang out for several hours without having to deal with cigarette smoke! Great move on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Blangdon View Post
    Left Hand Sawtooth
    YES! YES! YES! I was very pleased when I saw it on tap there. It is easily my favorite beer right now. Very tasty and maybe even better than Fat Tire.

Was back a McNellies for happy hour last night. Got there about 5:45 and it was busting. Several large groups between the first and second floors. The 2 downstairs bartenders were slammed and working their butts off. I ran into several people I know and they were all excited for the place. Tried to sweet potato fries and fried pickles. Both were good...

Very pleased to see it doing well.

I'm going for happy hour tonight, and we're talking about going there for an unofficial draft party there Thursday night.

My husband and I went Wednesday night and we really enjoyed it. We did have one minor problem in that we ordered the spinach artichoke dip for an appetizer and did not get it before we got our meals. When we got the entrees the dip was still missing. Our waiter did not bring us our food so we notified the guy who did bring us the food we were missing the dip, he apologized asked if we still wanted it (we did) and he turned to get us one and literally 20 seconds later the dip was at the table. The order had been turned in just in the wrong order. Small deal we did not think twice about it. The mananger and the server both came over to the table and apologized which means a lot to us (just own up to your mistakes) and they comped the dip which was really not necessary but will insure that we come back. The dip was great by the way. It is cream cheese based and I love me some cream cheese.

I think these problems with service will be temporary. I notice that with a lot of restaurants have staff problems when they open up and later have it all wrinkled out.

Thread Information