Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sheraton Hotel

Default Re: Sheraton Hotel

Why don't they install a new glass curtain wall system?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

21c and the Skirvin Hilton are both very nice.
    Oh, I know. I wasn't meaning that as a shot at OKC. Just like, not Hyatt Regency/full-line Marriott/Westin/JW Marriott-type hotel. The Omni will change that, but it is weird for a city OKC's size to not have any of those.

3. Default Re: Sheraton Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Why don't they install a new glass curtain wall system?
    I had the exact same thought. Also, why not bust open those concrete meeting room sections and glass them in as well - would truly reinvent the hotel.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

^

Because it would cost millions and paint is cheap.

They stay busy the way it is. Just looking to refresh.

5. Default Re: Sheraton Hotel

Isnt Renaissance an upscale brand of Marriott? We also have Ambassador hotel which is part of the upscale Marriott collection. Nobody would argue against Colcord Hotel being upscale. <br>
    <br>
    We do have a Hilton, Renaissance, Omni (u/c), and boutiques (Colcord, Ambassador, 21C Museum) that are upscale. But yeah, it is interesting OKC doesn't have a full on Hyatt, Westin, JW Marriott, nor W.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Isnt Renaissance an upscale brand of Marriott? We also have Ambassador hotel which is part of the upscale Marriott collection. Nobody would argue against Colcord Hotel being upscale. <br>
    <br>
    We do have a Hilton, Renaissance, Omni (u/c), and boutiques (Colcord, Ambassador, 21C Museum) that are upscale. But yeah, it is interesting OKC doesn't have a full on Hyatt, Westin, JW Marriott, nor W.

I think if the Omni hotel is successful, other bigger brands like JW Marriot, W, or Westin will follow suit & take a chance on OKC & build a nice hotel. These little 4-5 story cheap hotels springing up everywhere are taking over!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Kind of stinks that OKC downgraded from a Westin to a Sheraton. OKC has no upscale (national, at least) chains. The Omni will help with that.
    westin and sheraton are the same level of hotel

<br>
    Renaissance and Marriott are the same level of hotel brands the Autograph collection (ambassador) is also the same level they are all 3 Premium hotels (as listed by Marriott)

9. Default Re: Sheraton Hotel

Westin used to be a level above Sheraton when they were exclusive Starwood brands. Sheraton = Marriott = Hyatt Regency = Hilton whereas Westin = JW Marriott or W = Grand Hyatt = Conrad.

That may have changed with the merger Marriott=Starwood but there used to be a delineation where Sheraton was the standard full-service hotel ala Marriott and Westin was the upscale full service hotel ala JW Marriott.

Intercontinental is the weird one of the major brands; Holiday Inn which is their standard full service hotel is not at the level of other full service but their premium brand, Crowne Plaza is. Intercontinental Hotel = Westin = JW Marriott for sure.

10. Default Re: Sheraton Hotel

note that we have 3 of the 4 standard full service hotels (Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton) but none of the upscale full service. One could argue that our Hilton is a premium location though, similar to the Palmer House Hilton vs. the (standard) Hilton both in Chicago.

Here's a nifty chart (albeit Europe-focused) that gives a little hotel industry insight into how luxury and full service pan out. Based on this, our most preeminent, soft-branded, hotel is the Ambassador. The Sheraton, on a brand level, tops out on their luxury scale. Independent brands like 21c aren't on here, but I'd put it near or top on that luxury scale.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hotel-Brands-2017.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	15264

Taken from the Hotel Brands Report, 2017, from www.hotelanalyst.co.uk

^

That's very interesting.

Looks like they didn't chart Omni?

Not that there are a few upper market flags that were planned for OKC (Marriott, Indigo, Canopy) that seem to have completely stalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

That's very interesting.

Looks like they didn't chart Omni?

Not that there are a few upper market flags that were planned for OKC (Marriott, Indigo, Canopy) that seem to have completely stalled.
    I think Omni was skipped because it's a UK-based study, but also might be because they only have 60 properties. I know that sounds like a lot... but Hilton has 570+, Sheraton 400+, and Marriott 550+. I was surprised not to see Waldorf Astoria on the luxury side. I don't see it listed at all...

Intercontinental is a five star? That’s where I generally stay if I have a choice. I’m not at the point where I can afford a stay at a JW, but intercontinental usually isn’t too bad. Nice hotel but it doesn’t seem 5 star.

15. Default Re: Sheraton Hotel

yes, Intercontinental is definitely the top brand of the Holiday-Inn/Intercontinental scope. Crowne Plaza would be the next step down to the full service then Holiday-Inn which is sort of budget full service. ..

I find it interesting that they do lump all of the full service together (Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, Hyatt) but call them Upper Market in the UK. Westin is > Sheraton. Grand Hyatt is > Hyatt. Renaissance which we do have is > Marriott. I'd put Park Hyatt in the lifestyle or boutique area for upmarket.

yes, Intercontinental is definitely the top brand of the Holiday-Inn/Intercontinental scope. Crowne Plaza would be the next step down to the full service then Holiday-Inn which is sort of budget full service. ..

I find it interesting that they do lump all of the full service together (Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, Hyatt) but call them Upper Market in the UK. Westin is > Sheraton. Grand Hyatt is > Hyatt. Renaissance which we do have is > Marriott. I'd put Park Hyatt in the lifestyle or boutique area for upmarket.
    renaissance is not and has never been > Marriott some marriott's are nicer properties some renaissance's are nicer properties ... but the are = level

17. Default Re: Sheraton Hotel

the European map provided would indicate otherwise, confirming Renaissance Hotels are indeed a step above Marriott Flagship Hotels, as would my own professional travel experiences.

If I recall correctly wasn't the plan for the new hotel in Bricktown to be a Renaissance Hotel, thereby basically stealing the flag from the existing Convention Center hotel in the CBD with it becoming just a flagship Marriott? ...

Blog Entries

By the way, there are 2 Renaissance Hotels in OKC... downtown and Waterford at 63rd & Penn

the European map provided would indicate otherwise, confirming Renaissance Hotels are indeed a step above Marriott Flagship Hotels, as would my own professional travel experiences.

If I recall correctly wasn't the plan for the new hotel in Bricktown to be a Renaissance Hotel, thereby basically stealing the flag from the existing Convention Center hotel in the CBD with it becoming just a flagship Marriott? ...
    Actually the plan was for that hotel to become a Westin (at least that was the hope of that hotel owner)

FYI for business I have stayed in Marriott’s and renaissance since Marriott bought the brand in 1997. It has been a co level flag with normal marriotts that entire time

They are about half-way through their re-painting.

Most of the concrete will be painted white but the vertical strips between the windows are being painted black to blend in the windows.

Looking good. Nice contrast from all the beige buildings. I wish they could add an LED band up top that would really set it off

Looks so much better. Peach was...an odd choice.

23. Default Re: Sheraton Hotel

It was a step up from concrete, which it had been forever.

I noticed it driving by the other day and thought man that looks a lot better.. Rather than LED band perhaps frame the large rectangle in center from top to bottom LED would look nice.. it wont happen.. but

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    Looks so much better. Peach was...an odd choice.
    It's probably a lot easier to maintain its cleanliness with that tanish color with Oklahoma's red/brown dust. White & black paint will probably need washed a lot more frequently.

Thread Information