Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkside Building

Default Re: SandRidge Amenities Building

Quote Originally Posted by skanaly View Post
    Not the best shot but past the 3 level, half way through the 4th. How many are there?Attachment 3693
    Eleven. It was revealed in the Journal Record (credit to Molly Fleming) that Sandridge would be using 8 floors, so only 3 are actually going to be leased out.

Also, on a slightly related note, in the same article, there have already been 3 companies, all energy-related, that have expressed interest in leasing some of the space in Braniff. So that space will probably go relatively quickly.

2. Default Re: SandRidge Amenities Building

Um.... I'm sticking with what I wrote - the entire Parkside building (formerly Amenities building) is set to be leased out. There are two floors of the building that will consist of utilities, mechanical systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Could have been worse, it could have sit unfinished as is for years. At least they'll finish the building.
    They could have had the same fate that so many other buildings had, be turned into a surface parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    No major companies.. They have more negotiation power.
    But through lease renegotiation we are seeing smaller companies not getting added parking spaces so we are having to look elsewhere.

We really are at a stage 5 critical parking shortage downtown.
    Most companies elsewhere don't get more than a few spots included in their lease, us regular employees are left on our own to find parking. That is how it has been for me in Downtown Dallas and the LoDo area of Downtown Denver. Most of my friends who work in Downtown Austin also have the same issue, parking is an extra we employees get to pay on our own for the "privilege" of working downtown. When I was at TAP that was the only time my parking was included in the job, in Dallas 20 years ago I had an allowance that covered a good portion of my parking fee and these days very few companies offer anything for parking.

4. Default Re: SandRidge Amenities Building

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    The one problem with your post Doug is that Sandridge will have built everything in their plan. The only thing that changes is that the buildings will be leased to other companies. In fact, converting the amenities building to office will make room for even more people downtown.

The bottom line is - Sandridge did everything they said they were going to do. Because of the conversion they might have to even do a little more - like build/expand a parking garage. Maybe they should have converted the amenities building to residential instead of office.
    Error should be admitted and acknowledged. When I wrote my post, I was speaking from my gut and emotions and not from my head. I was mistaken to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Is there a picture of the building that stood at that corner of RSK and Robinson? I don't remember it...
    If you go to the googlemaps.com streetview to the east and west of the buildings, you can see what it used to look like. They haven't updated the streetview in years. The Devon tower is no where to be seen, the Myriad Gardens have not been touched and Bob Howard, just west of the arena, is still in business. If you look at EBONS (East of Broadway on Ninth Street), those buildings haven't been touched and the county assessor shows the Iguana building being renovated in their 2008 picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Error should be admitted and acknowledged. When I wrote my post, I was speaking from my gut and emotions and not from my head. I was mistaken to do so.
    No worries Doug. If I had a dollar for every time I did that I would be a wealthy person.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    If you go to the googlemaps.com streetview to the east and west of the buildings, you can see what it used to look like. They haven't updated the streetview in years. The Devon tower is no where to be seen, the Myriad Gardens have not been touched and Bob Howard, just west of the arena, is still in business. If you look at EBONS (East of Broadway on Ninth Street), those buildings haven't been touched and the county assessor shows the Iguana building being renovated in their 2008 picture.
    Thanks for the tip!

I can't believe they were allowed to tear down the KerMac Building just south of the Braniff building. That would have been some excellent housing. I keep thinking OKC will learn, but this seems to be futile.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Thanks for the tip!

I can't believe they were allowed to tear down the KerMac Building just south of the Braniff building. That would have been some excellent housing. I keep thinking OKC will learn, but this seems to be futile.
    Well, at some point, OKC won't have anything left to learn about....It's not like we ever had the inventory of NYC to deal with.

The only question left is now that the buildings are gone and SR expansion has petered out, where is TPG-Axon when they need to hire the Gooden PR firm again to do clean-up work and instill a frenzy that they did magnificent work above and beyond anyone's dreams and should tear down another historic building just to celebrate.

From this morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SRD5.9.13.jpg 
Views:	1209 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	3717

Default Re: Parkside Building (formerly SandRidge Amenities Building)

From today:

HangryHippo Guest

Are there any available renderings of what the reconfigured building will look like?

Also, the landscaped corner just south of Braniff would have been so great if the building was still there. That would have made such amazing housing!

The outside of this building will look exactly like what has always been proposed -- there was no change at all.

Haven't been able to find the revised interior floorplans but do know there are still plans for a restaurant at the ground level, opening up on the new park.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The outside of this building will look exactly like what has always been proposed -- there was no change at all.

Haven't been able to find the revised interior floorplans but do know there are still plans for a restaurant at the ground level, opening up on the new park.
    I think this is the better move overall for downtown.

Instead of people using an indoor baskteball court, maybe they will walk (or in the future take the streetcar) down to public basketball courts, or jog around downtown instead of on a treadmill in a fitness center. Or make use of other venues downtown for those things (YMCA, future gyms, etc.)

We get the building, more leasable office space, and we will still have people wanting to have their "amenities" and will patronize other business or public spaces to get those.

To me this changeover is a Win-win-win.

The change will allow for more people to work downtown, as it creates office space instead of workout / meeting space.

Is this an official name change? I guess I missed that. But Parkside Building is a good name.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I think this is the better move overall for downtown.

Instead of people using an indoor baskteball court, maybe they will walk (or in the future take the streetcar) down to public basketball courts, or jog around downtown instead of on a treadmill in a fitness center. Or make use of other venues downtown for those things (YMCA, future gyms, etc.)

We get the building, more leasable office space, and we will still have people wanting to have their "amenities" and will patronize other business or public spaces to get those.

To me this changeover is a Win-win-win.
    Agree 100%. This is a very pleasant surprise. Kudos to SandRidge.

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Is this an official name change? I guess I missed that. But Parkside Building is a good name.
    Yes, officially announced.

Just took this tonight (Tuesday):

Great pic!

Check out that streetwall.

Moving right along (photo courtesy Downtown Development Twitter feed):

I took these Friday afternoon on 9/6/2013.

SandRidge Park Building by lazio85, on Flickr

SandRidge Park Building by lazio85, on Flickr

Awesome!

Thanks so much.

Although there will still be a restaurant in this building that opens up to the newly renovated Kerr/Couch Park, I have it on good authority it will not be operated by A Good Egg Group. They had been interested but decided to pass.

Not sure who the operator may be but it will be awesome space and hopefully will attract a great concept.

Pete, what is this downtown development twitter feed? I can never find it.

Thread Information