Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkside Building

1. Default Re: SandRidge Amenities Building

The BOD will likely be replaced. If so, the party is over. I'm not the only one who will gladly cast a few votes in favor of that when the letter arrives.

http://www.shareholdersforsandridge.com/home/

Default Re: SandRidge Amenities Building

Definitely no new tower, but at least we got the Braniff and Amenities bldgs before reality came crashing down for this puffed-up small company. More than I would've expected.

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    The BOD will likely be replaced. If so, the party is over. I'm not the only one who will gladly cast a few votes in favor of that when the letter arrives.

ENHANCE SHAREHOLDER VALUE AT SANDRIDGE ENERGY (NYSE:SD) | Shareholders For Sandridge
    Hopefully not. It seems early to predict Sandridge's demise. However, this is the peril of having large publicly-traded companies employing large quantities of people in our city: they can be moved or swallowed up in a nanosecond, leaving empty towers in their wake. Enjoy the good times while they last, OKC. Meanwhile, we need our economic development people to focus on diversifying our economic base.

Even though SD clearly has it's issues, they seem to be very similar to Chesapeake and probably not quite as severe.

CHK has been doing fine since the board changeover and is probably stronger for it.

5. Default Re: SandRidge Amenities Building

Just to clarify; I'm not predicting Sandridge's demise, but the days of lavish spending are probably coming to an end. If so, I imagine the campus plans will be affected.

A couple of recent photos from Metro:

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    Just to clarify; I'm not predicting Sandridge's demise, but the days of lavish spending are probably coming to an end. If so, I imagine the campus plans will be affected.
    Isn't most of the work too far along to make many changes?

Photo from today, courtesy of metro.

Starting to rise above ground:

10. Default Re: SandRidge Amenities Building

Gotta wonder how much of this construction was paid for up front.

Hopefully, all of it. Otherwise it may end up looking a bit like AICCMitis has infected this part of DT

LOL AICCMitis

Here's another from a new angle, from late yesterday. Mods if you can rotate it that would be great.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sand amenities.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	3501

I assure you that it wasn't paid for up front -- that's not how big construction projects are done.

Ward will be around at least until June and I hope that is enough time for them to make substantial progress, making it harder for this project to be halted.

The new board could very easily see this entire structure as extravagance... A gym, restaurants and auditorium. Certainly not necessities.

They already have a small gym and auditorium in the building to the east that they had planned to tear down for a new tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I assure you that it wasn't paid for up front -- that's not how big construction projects are done.

Ward will be around at least until June and I hope that is enough time for them to make substantial progress, making it harder for this project to be halted.

The new board could very easily see this entire structure as extravagance... A gym, restaurants and auditorium. Certainly not necessities.

They already have a small gym and auditorium in the building to the east that they had planned to tear down for a new tower.
    I doubt they stop at his point. Just like CHK with all of their new buildings, though they haven't paid up front, they have allocated the money within their budget. Also, in the worst case scenario of a sale , SD still owns the building and it would be a lot more difficult to market with a massive hole taking up half the campus .

But all the CHK buildings were much further along.

I hope you are right but I've managed huge construction projects and they get stopped all the time. I won't rest until this building is substantially complete.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    LOL AICCMitis

Here's another from a new angle, from late yesterday. Mods if you can rotate it that would be great.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sand amenities.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	3501
    Given the current circumstances, the orientation on that photo is remarkably apropos.

This is the first rendering I've seen of the interior:

From 5 minutes ago:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDRA3.15 001.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	3511  

From today:

20. Default Re: SandRidge Amenities Building

The amenities building will still be completed, however the interior will be reconfigured as 100% leasable space. Apparently the new board nixed the amenities/perks.

Wow, it will have to be totally reconfigured.

I suspect the outside will have to be altered somewhat.

I wouldn't be surprised if work stopped for a while so they can recalibrate.

22. Default Re: SandRidge Amenities Building

Perhaps if they hadn't taken so long to get the stupid thing built, they would have been far enough along to complete it as is. Now we've los structures in favor of some stupid crap leased building. This is the point where i wish i had a magic wand that made the company finish what they promised....sort of like Dell...where's that 3rd building?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Perhaps if they hadn't taken so long to get the stupid thing built, they would have been far enough along to complete it as is. Now we've los structures in favor of some stupid crap leased building. This is the point where i wish i had a magic wand that made the company finish what they promised....sort of like Dell...where's that 3rd building?
    Could have been worse, it could have sit unfinished as is for years. At least they'll finish the building.

Hopefully, they'll still have A Good Egg group restaurant facing the park as originally planned. The rest of the stuff (gym, auditorium) would never have been seen/used by the general public anyway. SD already has a small gym and auditorium in the building directly east of their tower, and I'm sure that structure isn't going anywhere any time soon.

I also remain very concerned about Kerr/Couch Park. The rebuilding was to be paid for by SandRidge and Chesapeake and the programming was to be covered by SandRidge. Hopeully the City has commitments in writing from both companies that would have to be honored by the new boards.

The new board sound like punks;Wall Street is all about a quick dollar anymore. It's not like its uncommon for a Fortune 5000 to have amenities. In the long-run this is probably a net-win for downtown as it will add much needed Class A space to the market, and I predict will fill up quickly. It will also be less vacant space on market in the event SD was to get bought out or relocated.

Thread Information