Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Colcord Hotel

Default Re: Colcord Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Steve, did you find out why Bill Macy was in town?
    Saw Desmond Mason tweet a pic with Macy. Says he is here about a movie he is directing that might be filmed in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I got a 3-egg omelet, hashbrowns & and a bagel this morning for $9 - menu price. What are you looking at?
    The one posted earlier in the thread: http://flintokc.com/sustenance/breakfast/entrees

If you got all of that for only $9, that is more reasonable (based on the menu, it should have been $8 to $9 omelet, $3 bagel & $2 to $3 for the hash browns (not listed) for a total of $12 to $14, only the $12 greek one seems to come with potatoes & toast (maybe a menu omission). To be fair, the $12 was on the high end. They had an egg white omelet for $8 and the other omelets are $9

Some things are priced ok, like the 2 eggs any style for $2. Heck, McDonald's charges you $2 for 1 egg to turn the $1 sausage McMuffin (w/cheese) into a full fledged Egg McMuffin. But then Flint charge $2 for toast , $3 for a toasted bagel and $3 for a sausage patty (now if it a 1/4 or 1/3 pd sausage patty the size of a small saucer or salad plate, I take back the criticism).

further (or is it farther) "to be fair": I realize and have come to expect to pay more in a hotel restaurant than at a "normal" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    The one posted earlier in the thread: http://flintokc.com/sustenance/breakfast/entrees

If you got all of that for only $9, that is more reasonable (based on the menu, it should have been $8 to $9 omelet, $3 bagel & $2 to $3 for the hash browns (not listed) for a total of $12 to $14, only the $12 greek one seems to come with potatoes & toast (maybe a menu omission). To be fair, the $12 was on the high end. They had an egg white omelet for $8 and the other omelets are $9

Some things are priced ok, like the 2 eggs any style for $2. Heck, McDonald's charges you $2 for 1 egg to turn the $1 sausage McMuffin (w/cheese) into a full fledged Egg McMuffin. But then Flint charge $2 for toast , $3 for a toasted bagel and $3 for a sausage patty (now if it a 1/4 or 1/3 pd sausage patty the size of a small saucer or salad plate, I take back the criticism).

further (or is it farther) "to be fair": I realize and have come to expect to pay more in a hotel restaurant than at a "normal" one.
    I can vouch for Steve. I had brunch at Flint a couple days ago and had the 3 egg omelet, deep dish potatoes, and toast for $9. Maybe it's only on their brunch menu, but it was one of the best $9 breakfasts I've had. I thought the food and prices were both great.

Photos from today from Urban Pioneer.

Note in the photo of the under-construction west patio, you can see the bar on the right side that actually passes through the glass on the inside.

Lots more photos in the Devon thread.

Very Nice! OKC rising

It will make a world of difference when the Century Center gets it's makeover.

It's always been an empty eyesore but now with everything vastly improved all around it, it stands out even more.

7. Default Re: Colcord Hotel

Me and my fiancee ate at Flint a couple weeks ago and loved it! We'll definitely be back.

Had a beer at Flint after the game last night. Very nice set up and Steve Kerr was hanging out there. It's one of few night options in OKC and there were only a few people there after the biggest win in Thunder history. I ate at Coolgreens (food was great!) at 5:30pm before the game and there were zero people there. I keep hearing people want more late night options downtown, but these two were empty...

The Coolgreen's in the Colcord is open till 6. I'm still a little young to consider that late night..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    The Coolgreen's in the Colcord is open till 6. I'm still a little young to consider that late night..
    There is a coolgreens in the concord?

Quote Originally Posted by wschnitt View Post
    There is a coolgreens in the concord?
    No. Coolgreen's is a block north just east of Leadership Square.

Oops I meant City Place (not Colcord, I guess I was thinking about this thread?), street level, in the old Interurban space. Across the street there is fixing to be a second Cafe7 location in the FNC street level that I am extremely excited about.

13. Default Re: Colcord Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Had a beer at Flint after the game last night. Very nice set up and Steve Kerr was hanging out there. It's one of few night options in OKC and there were only a few people there after the biggest win in Thunder history. I ate at Coolgreens (food was great!) at 5:30pm before the game and there were zero people there. I keep hearing people want more late night options downtown, but these two were empty...
    The guys working the list at the door of Mickey Mantle's after the game should have been sending people to Flint. At Mickey's if you weren't on the list you weren't getting in, period. Most people forget about or don't know that Mickey's has food late almost every night, and it's not just high-end steaks. They have a great late night bar menu, and cater specifically to the business crowd. But unless you are a regular or team/league/network connected I wouldn't bother trying to get into the bar on game nights during the Finals, unless you already have a dinner reservation in the dining room.

Hopefully people will discover Flint and it will help take the strain off of Mickey's. Knowing the ownership, management and staff of MM, they actually would be all for it. They're worn out. They greatly appreciate the game night bar crowds, but their bread-and-butter is the weekday per diem business crowd and couples on weekend upscale dates, and I think they're ready for some normalcy.

I talked quite a bit with NBA superfan Jimmy Goldstein and sent him over to Flint when he was asking about a place for dinner the other day, between games. He had already been to lunch there, and it sounded like Flint had the Jimmy Goldstein seal of approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The guys working the list at the door of Mickey Mantle's after the game should have been sending people to Flint. At Mickey's if you weren't on the list you weren't getting in, period. Most people forget about or don't know that Mickey's has food late almost every night, and it's not just high-end steaks. They have a great late night bar menu, and cater specifically to the business crowd. But unless you are a regular or team/league/network connected I wouldn't bother trying to get into the bar on game nights during the Finals, unless you already have a dinner reservation in the dining room.

Hopefully people will discover Flint and it will help take the strain off of Mickey's. Knowing the ownership, management and staff of MM, they actually would be all for it. They're worn out. They greatly appreciate the game night bar crowds, but their bread-and-butter is the weekday per diem business crowd and couples on weekend upscale dates, and I think they're ready for some normalcy.

I talked quite a bit with NBA superfan Jimmy Goldstein and sent him over to Flint when he was asking about a place for dinner the other day, between games. He had already been to lunch there, and it sounded like Flint had the Jimmy Goldstein seal of approval.
    this ..... and i know they need a break ... but am really happy for at least 2 more really fun nights at mickeys after thunder wins

I understand the Thunder players had a quite a Western Conf Championship celebration at Mickey Mantles. I'm sure it was a good night financial wise.

The Thunder girls were there too. But they have very strict rules when it comes to ANY interaction with the players

From yesterday.

The Colcord people told me they should be completely done with the Flint patio and the garden in front of the expansion/connection to the Devon complex in just a few weeks. It's going to be really slick.

Also, I confirmed they are doing a minor updating to all the rooms: replacing the TV's and some other sprucing up.

Blog Entries

I noticed driving home Thursday night that the top of the Colcord was lit up in white (the ledge/outcropping or whatever it's called). I don't remember it being that way. Tried to find a picture of the Colcord at night (just with Google Image search, didn't try photo sites) and that didn't turn out so well.

This was really the only thing I could find and it doesn't seem to be lit here...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	1965

Anybody else notice this? If so, has it been this way for awhile and I just missed it, or is this part of the overall enhancements?

Here are two pics showing what you are describing.

Colcord and Devon by Matthew Bridges, on Flickr

Devon and Colcord by Matthew Bridges, on Flickr

Thats breathtaking. I'm surprised I didn't notice it when I was watching a film in the park the other night..

Devon just knows how to make everything shine better. I'll admit I thought Colcord was good as it was and didn't think it could be improved any. While I miss La Baguette, Flint is also just as good. Kudos Devon.

Now if we can just get La Baguette back downtown. Will not drive that far north for them....

Love it!

We need more of the downtown buildings to step up their game when it comes to illumination.

Especially with new LED innovations, it's much cheaper to do and many more options.

My wife and sister went to the bathroom at the Colcord the other night, they came out and said look at these pictures. They had taken pictures of the bathroom counter tops, they were made from geodes covered in some kind of transparent acrylic compound. Had never seen a sink counter top as cool as that ever before.

Thats breathtaking. I'm surprised I didn't notice it when I was watching a film in the park the other night...
    that's because they were playing Indiana Jones, and your eyes never came off the screen!

I actually did happen to notice this that night in the park. i just assumed it had been that way for awhile and i just had never noticed before

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Love it!

We need more of the downtown buildings to step up their game when it comes to illumination.

Especially with new LED innovations, it's much cheaper to do and many more options.
    Can you say LEADERSHIP SQUARE.... the black hole at night.

...could definitely show some leadership on the night skyline.

Can you say LEADERSHIP SQUARE.... the black hole at night.

...could definitely show some leadership on the night skyline.
    But they put that "beautiful" new sign at the top of the building. LOL

Blog Entries

So am I right about the Colcord lighting being new or did I, like others it seems, miss it?

Thread Information