Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Continental Resources Business Practices

Default Re: Continental Resources Business Practices

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    The man Aubrey is talking to looks like Scott Brooks.
    This was at halftime, Brooks was with the team in the locker room at this point. But yes, he does look like Scott Brooks.

You can see the reporter better in this shot (from Bellaboo):

3. Default Re: Continental Resources Business Practices

Lessee...fly to a city, get wined and dined...sit courtside at NBA games with team owners and CEOs of Fortune 500 (sorry Forbes) companies (OK, Aubrey isn't RIGHT NOW), drink free booze...chat 'em up "say, you're not such a bad guy after all! And I love what you've done with the place!"... wait for 'em to screw up, and then...WHAMMY! Nice gig. How do I get one like that?

Usually, big publications like Forbes will not let their reporters accept free drinks and meals or any other perks from the subjects of their stories.

Not sure how they handled the Thunder game but I bet Forbes paid Hamm the face value of the ticket.

What on earth was Aubrey thinking? And what a snake to dis Hamm like that in his presence.

6. Default Re: Continental Resources Business Practices

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Usually, big publications like Forbes will not let their reporters accept free drinks and meals or any other perks from the subjects of their stories.

Not sure how they handled the Thunder game but I bet Forbes paid Hamm the face value of the ticket.
    Well, if they did that was a good deal anyway. They got a fifty thousand dollar quote. And that was from a guy who wasn't even the subject of the story.

A great read on CLR.... Published yesterday

Click for long full article
    Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR) news: Continental Resources: Leading Energy Stocks To Replace Biotech This Year - Seeking Alpha

Looking at the company's production growth, 71% was oil coming primarily from the Bakken and SCOOP (South Central Oklahoma Oil Province) reserves. Continental estimates the SCOOP reserve could contain as much as 70 billion barrels of oil, even bigger than the Bakken with only 24 billion barrels of recoverable oil. SCOOP is considered one of the top emerging plays in the U.S. Harold Hamm refers to SCOOP as the company's "stealth play."

Continental is also very optimistic about its SCOOP reserve. Continental's wells there produced 23,760 barrels of oil equivalent per day in the fourth quarter of 2013 for a 233% increase YOY. Its location is also not far from existing pipelines and a major storage hub in Cushing. Unlike Bakken oil, it does not need to rely on rail for transport.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the SCOOP involve really deep wells? I'm not in the industry but I have heard that could impact its potential if oil prices begin to fall because of the high cost of drilling so deep. It would be great for the state though so I hope it realizes its potential. Once gas drilling becomes viable again there are even larger portions of the state that will benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the SCOOP involve really deep wells? I'm not in the industry but I have heard that could impact its potential if oil prices begin to fall because of the high cost of drilling so deep. It would be great for the state though so I hope it realizes its potential. Once gas drilling becomes viable again there are even larger portions of the state that will benefit.
    They are deeper and thus more costly but I believe I heard that they have a tendency to not decline as quickly as some wells in other locations.

If Hamm is correct in his assessment the SCOOP play would probably be the biggest thing that's ever happened economically in Oklahoma... but very few seem grasp what this would mean and how it would benefit our state. That's if Hamm is correct?

Isn't the SCOOP sort of Grady/Garvin/Carter/Love Counties? I have seen a lot of differing maps.

If it is even half of what they are saying it could be a massive boom for OK and OKC. I was surprised last time I was driving back to Dallas at night and saw several drilling rigs north of Marietta.

It extends from near Tuttle down to Marietta with Lindsay as the epicenter.

I have a friend who lives west of Blanchard. He has 1,100 acres and 13 wells from the early 1980's. He was recently notified that they were coming back in to drill horizontal on his farms. I believe this is in the SCOOP play.

13. Default Re: Continental Resources Business Practices

Not sure if thread appropriate or if already dicusssed but CNN reports that the Hamm divorce may be the biggest settlement in history. Apparently no prenup so even if she gets 1/4, it will be the biggest.. Appologize if old news.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Not sure if thread appropriate or if already dicusssed but CNN reports that the Hamm divorce may be the biggest settlement in history. Apparently no prenup so even if she gets 1/4, it will be the biggest.. Appologize if old news.
    If I'm not mistaken, that was reported back when they were first getting divorced. But they reconciled only for it to not work out after all. So, it's news again.

The divorce trial has started.

Reuters is reporting Sue Ann Hamm is seeking to split $17.6 billion of Hamm's fortune, which is almost his entire net worth, as it is currently estimated at $18.9 million by Forbes.

Exclusive - Wife defines stakes in Oklahoma divorce: $17 billion | Reuters

Just curious, is Sue Ann Hamm a native Oklahoman? Is she likely to stay in the OKC area after the divorce? What's her profession? Is she a philanthropist? Just curious.

She received both her bachelor's (1977) and law (1980) degrees from the U of Tulsa.

So, she's lived in the state at least at least since 1973; 40+ years.

Not sure where she grew up, but her bio from OCU (where she was/is on the faculty) says she started working in the oil industry in high school, so that sounds like Oklahoma or Texas to me.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The divorce trial has started.

Reuters is reporting Sue Ann Hamm is seeking to split $17.6 billion of Hamm's fortune, which is almost his entire net worth, as it is currently estimated at $18.9 million by Forbes.

Exclusive - Wife defines stakes in Oklahoma divorce: $17 billion | Reuters
    Sweet Jesus, this is going to be a monster settlement.

I believe the previous largest divorce settlement was $1.7 billion so this could surpass that.

But just because she's asking for virtually half his net worth doesn't mean she'll get it.

But I bet the settlement will set a record.

Does she happen to be on the lookout for a younger man upon whom she can spend her fortune? Cuz I'm single.

21. Default Re: Continental Resources Business Practices

Bet SHE gets a prenup.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    Does she happen to be on the lookout for a younger man upon whom she can spend her fortune? Cuz I'm single.
    I feel you on that!

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    Yes she is seeing a much younger professor from a nearby university.

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    Yes she is seeing a much younger professor from a nearby university.
    I only told her I was a professor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    Sweet Jesus, this is going to be a monster settlement.
    Can you imagine how much money the attorneys will clear?

Thread Information