Widgets Magazine

Thread: Is there a way....

Question Is there a way....

...to find out who is the owner of a rent house? I have a problem with the tenants of a house directly behind me that have two dogs that get out and run the neighborhood on nearly a daily basis. The fence on the house is in disrepair, and the dogs always find a way out. The owners of the dogs say that the landlord won't fix the fence, but I think they have the main responsibility of controlling their pets. Anyway, one of the dogs, a small female pit bull, is very aggressive towards me.

Frankly, I am at my wits end on what to do about this. I am trying to do this as diplomatically as possible, I have tried talking to the dogs owner. and they have made attempts to cover up holes, but the dogs always find a new way out. I want to write a letter to the homeowner and ask him to fix the fence as a last resort. I can't even take my dog out for fear that the dog will attack. I really don't want to be the one responsible for the people to lose their dogs but something has to change.

Any suggestions on how to handle this without going to war with the residents of the house?

This is in Edmond...

2. Default Re: Is there a way....

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    ...to find out who is the owner of a rent house? I have a problem with the tenants of a house directly behind me that have two dogs that get out and run the neighborhood on nearly a daily basis. The fence on the house is in disrepair, and the dogs always find a way out. The owners of the dogs say that the landlord won't fix the fence, but I think they have the main responsibility of controlling their pets. Anyway, one of the dogs, a small female pit bull, is very aggressive towards me.

Frankly, I am at my wits end on what to do about this. I am trying to do this as diplomatically as possible, I have tried talking to the dogs owner. and they have made attempts to cover up holes, but the dogs always find a new way out. I want to write a letter to the homeowner and ask him to fix the fence as a last resort. I can't even take my dog out for fear that the dog will attack. I really don't want to be the one responsible for the people to lose their dogs but something has to change.

Any suggestions on how to handle this without going to war with the residents of the house?

This is in Edmond...
    Go to the Oklahoma county (or which county you live in) assessors web site and type in the address. It will give you the legal owner. You should also be able to contact the city about the fence. I live in okc and the code states that if you have a fence that you must maintain it. In okc we have the action line that lets report such things and they always take appropriate action. I am sure Edmond has the same thing. Got the city of Edmonds web site.

Thread Information