Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rudys BBQ coming to memorial rd

Default Rudys BBQ coming to memorial rd

Rudys will be building a new BBQ restaurant on Memorial just west of Quail Springs Parkway

2. Default Re: Rudys BBQ coming to memorial rd

Excellent! I just ate at one in Austin (off 183) last night and it was so good. I've never found the one in Norman to be as good as the one's in Texas but still worth the trip.

Default Re: Rudys BBQ coming to memorial rd

Nice. People are always ragging on the one here in Amarillo, but I've always thought it to be good. Their turkey is great!

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Excellent! I just ate at one in Austin (off 183) last night and it was so good. I've never found the one in Norman to be as good as the one's in Texas but still worth the trip.
    Totally different franchisee in Austin. They (K&N Mgmt) do a great job and by far the best group Rudy's has.

I agree about K&N, the Austin ones are better than the ones that I have been to in the San Antonio area and the one in Colorado Springs. Those are still pretty good but not quite up to the same level. Their Mighty Fine Burgers concept is good as well.

Never tried Rudy's outside of Norman. Tried it in Norman ... once. Sort of like when I tried Dickey's Q. Someone else thought it was a good idea and I went along ... once.

Neither is gross, nor even bad when one gets right down to it. There are just several local options that strike me as far superior, i.e., Sooner Legends/Suites, Van's and Ray's.

7. Default Re: Rudys BBQ coming to memorial rd

That makes sense and you can certainly tell the difference in the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff. Not that Norman's staff was unfriendly, but the Austin staff is obviously instructed to address every guest you make eye contact with.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Never tried Rudy's outside of Norman. Tried it in Norman ... once. Sort of like when I tried Dickey's Q. Someone else thought it was a good idea and I went along ... once.

Neither is gross, nor even bad when one gets right down to it. There are just several local options that strike me as far superior, i.e., Sooner Legends/Suites, Van's and Ray's.
    I went to Vans this past week and it was flat out gross.

I've eaten at the Rudy's in College Station. I thought the bbq was really good.

Wonder how Swadley's will hold up with this news?

Their brisket breakfast burritos are amazing

I am not a fan of Oklahoma BBQ or Mexican food. I welcome our Texan overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I agree about K&N, the Austin ones are better than the ones that I have been to in the San Antonio area and the one in Colorado Springs. Those are still pretty good but not quite up to the same level. Their Mighty Fine Burgers concept is good as well.
    I'd like to see Mighty Fine come to OKC!

Great progress on this establishment. Will try to post a pic soon, was driving by in non-photo friendly traffic today.

Rudy's opened today.

Thread Information