Widgets Magazine
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    CREST carries it in gallon jugs, but I have not seen it locally in the 18 oz. size. BTW, that is some good looking sausage you made. So where do you live?
    ah, right... wasn't even thinking about the jugs till you brought them up but that rings a bell... i bet that's where i've seen it.

Saw this ad while perusing business equipment on craigslist. Looks like someone’s looking for BBQ franchisees.

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...501405415.html

Bar-B-Cutie? What the hell is that, Hooters for BBQ? Thought Bone Daddy's already had that (ahem) covered.

4. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Heads up for any BBQ cooks or sausage makers.

This weekend is the Firelake BBQ Cookoff in Shawnee and the Firelake Grocery Store always has a big sale for the event.

Last year they had pork shoulders for $0.89 a lb.

dang, that's a good price... just wish shawnee was a bit closer. my mission today is to find an uncured boneless pork rump to cure and smoke into ham for easter.

finally found some belly ribs... but unfortunately didn't know that the butcher had left them in until after I had cured and smoked the bellies for bacon. argh! guess i'm going to have to make "bone-in" bacon a thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180412_210309.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	4.99 MB 
ID:	14574

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    finally found some belly ribs... but unfortunately didn't know that the butcher had left them in until after I had cured and smoked the bellies for bacon. argh! guess i'm going to have to make "bone-in" bacon a thing.

Name:	20180412_210309.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	4.99 MB 
ID:	14574
    If you are looking for pork bellies Sam's club sells them

8. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

finally found some belly ribs...
    Where did you find them?

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Where did you find them?
    i got these from saigon taipei market on 89th & penn... i've bought bellies from them 3-4 times before and this is the first time that the rib bones were included, so i'm thinking that it was just a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by traemac View Post
    If you are looking for pork bellies Sam's club sells them
    thanks! the asian market on sw 89th & penn that i usually get them from is pretty close and convenient for me... and i don't have to buy a membership.

11. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

i got these from saigon taipei market on 89th & penn... i've bought bellies from them 3-4 times before and this is the first time that the rib bones were included, so i'm thinking that it was just a fluke.
    I can't remember if I have ever bought them there or not... Last couple of times I went to Super Cao Nguyen..... I need to start making my own bacon again.... Started Keto and I've been living on bacon.... Making my own I know exactly what's going in it.

Definitely outside the metro but I finally made it out to Butcher BBQ Stand in Wellston this morning. That place is pretty legit. Got there at 10:30am and the line was just starting to come out the building. Thankful we made it when we did, by the time they opened the line at 11 the line was outside and wrapped around the building.

We ordered the meat locker which is a little of everything. I wasn't disappointed in anything except maybe the turkey was a little eh. The brisket was fantastic, nice and tender and juicy. I'm not normally a rib guy but wow these were great as well. Also pleasantly surprised by the pulled pork which can be very hit or miss at BBQ places but theirs was spot on. Didn't care much for the sides except for the smoked corn on the cob which had a very unique flavor that we all loved. I thought the beans were fine but since they are advertised as apple pie beans they were pretty sweet.

Can't wait to get back out there.

Technically in the Metro! And really, only 35-40 minutes from Downtown. Though, I would recommend taking OK-66 as opposed to I-44 for at least one leg of the trip, as that is a gorgeous road especially during the summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    Definitely outside the metro but I finally made it out to Butcher BBQ Stand in Wellston this morning. That place is pretty legit. Got there at 10:30am and the line was just starting to come out the building. Thankful we made it when we did, by the time they opened the line at 11 the line was outside and wrapped around the building.

We ordered the meat locker which is a little of everything. I wasn't disappointed in anything except maybe the turkey was a little eh. The brisket was fantastic, nice and tender and juicy. I'm not normally a rib guy but wow these were great as well. Also pleasantly surprised by the pulled pork which can be very hit or miss at BBQ places but theirs was spot on. Didn't care much for the sides except for the smoked corn on the cob which had a very unique flavor that we all loved. I thought the beans were fine but since they are advertised as apple pie beans they were pretty sweet.

Can't wait to get back out there.
    Butcher I think is the best in the state but not far off is jo-bawbs. Every time I go I'm amazed there isn't a line.

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    Butcher I think is the best in the state but not far off is jo-bawbs. Every time I go I'm amazed there isn't a line.
    IMHO Burn Co in Tulsa would be my pick for best in the state. I wasn't real impressed with Butcher

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    IMHO Burn Co in Tulsa would be my pick for best in the state. I wasn't real impressed with Butcher
    I've not been to the original location of burn co, it was their new location and I wasn't very impressed. But I went early on in the opening process and maybe they hadn't nailed it down. Then the pandemic hit and I haven't been to Tulsa in over a year. I thought the pulled pork was the best I've maybe ever had at butcher and the ribs were amazing. It's also been a while since I've made it up to Butcher BBQ stand. But if you are in OKC give Jo-Bawb's a try. They have burnt ends which you don't always see in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    I've not been to the original location of burn co, it was their new location and I wasn't very impressed. But I went early on in the opening process and maybe they hadn't nailed it down. Then the pandemic hit and I haven't been to Tulsa in over a year. I thought the pulled pork was the best I've maybe ever had at butcher and the ribs were amazing. It's also been a while since I've made it up to Butcher BBQ stand. But if you are in OKC give Jo-Bawb's a try. They have burnt ends which you don't always see in Oklahoma.
    I will try them as been looking for good burnt ends in OKC. We have had burnt ends from Oklahoma Joes in Tulsa and they were really good.

Thought this might be of interest to some.

Name:	8406614-F-9-EF8-48-E8-91-CE-B92699-D7-A858.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	17161

19. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Have a friend that went to one of the first ones they had 5 or 6 years ago and he loved it.

20. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

EdgeCraft has been treating me right. The beef ribs were great the other weekend. The Brisket Charro beans on special were fantastic. The Hatch chili sausage was fantastic. I think I have converted about 20 people to visiting them. Never a bad experience. Except for my wallet of course.

21. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    EdgeCraft has been treating me right. The beef ribs were great the other weekend. The Brisket Charro beans on special were fantastic. The Hatch chili sausage was fantastic. I think I have converted about 20 people to visiting them. Never a bad experience. Except for my wallet of course.

Zach is passionate about what he's doing and it shows in the product he puts out.

With EdgeCraft representing Central Texas style and Clark Crew representing KC style in OKC.... If we could just get a great Carolina style place started up here I'd never have to leave OKC for BBQ again...... The scene has come a long way since my blogging days when I could find very little to get excited about in OKC.... We had good BBQ then but we didn't have anything like we have available to us now and there are a handful of others in the OKC area now that are putting out some great product and not just the cookie cutter stuff we're used to.

I would have to say that if I put together another OKC Broken Rib Tour like we did when I was blogging.... It would probably be a lot tighter race at the top than it ever was back then.

22. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Zach is passionate about what he's doing and it shows in the product he puts out.

With EdgeCraft representing Central Texas style and Clark Crew representing KC style in OKC.... If we could just get a great Carolina style place started up here I'd never have to leave OKC for BBQ again...... The scene has come a long way since my blogging days when I could find very little to get excited about in OKC.... We had good BBQ then but we didn't have anything like we have available to us now and there are a handful of others in the OKC area now that are putting out some great product and not just the cookie cutter stuff we're used to.

I would have to say that if I put together another OKC Broken Rib Tour like we did when I was blogging.... It would probably be a lot tighter race at the top than it ever was back then.
    I love a good carolina vinegar mop sauce for my home ribs. If you hear about a place opening up let me know!

For now I am pretty stuck to EdgeCraft. It is hard to go other places now...though that damn cornbread at Clark Crew is addicting.

23. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    ...If you hear about a place opening up let me know!

Last option I'm aware of that we had around here was Moe's Smokehouse up at about 80th and Western.... Most of his meats were underwhelming but the Eastern Carolina style pulled pork was AMAZING and they were serving pretty decent fried chicken too.

Unfortunately shortly after I found them. He got a job offer he couldn't refuse in Connecticut and moved away.

Didn't see a thread and didn't think it needed its own. Burn Co in Tulsa was destroyed by fire last night. My personal favorite and IMHO, the best bbq in the state. This was the original location downtown. They have a location in Jenks also.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/wa...d8fef5dfd.html

25. Default Re: Best BBQ in Okc metro.

Wow.... Wonder if the building was a total loss... Article just says the roof collapsed but I don't know enough about structural engineering to know if that can be fixed without taking down the rest of the structure.

I have't been to BurnCo in several years but I agree at one time they were hands down the best in the state, the BBQ game has definitely stepped up in the last few years so they have some challengers, and the only BBQ joint, at the time, that you had to stand in line to get in. And at their original location in the strip mall if you got there after noon they were probably already sold out.

Thread Information