Widgets Magazine

Thread: Looking for video: Main Street Bridge exchange

Default Looking for video: Main Street Bridge exchange

THere was a video on here not to long ago showing an animated look of the new exchange with the clover leaf. does anyone have a link?

THanks

Default Re: Looking for video: Main Street Bridge exchange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRhR9...eature=related It will be a SPUI - single point interchange, not a cloverleaf.

thanks, thats what I was looking for. Was there one specifically done for Norman?

Looking at that video, it does not provide for someone who, for instance, was going North on I35 and wanted to exit to either go back South on I35 or wanted to get to the service road on the West side of I35. Wouldn't something like a Texas Turnaround be helpful there or are the plans already providing for that?

it appears that during cycle 2 the green car coming from south could easily turn left to get back on to southbound. This video is not very good for the main street example as the frontage road is actually accessed through the mall, which is not shown here. You would have to take cycle 2 and proceed to mall stop light, then turn right and get on frontage road. I found this article which is supposed to have a video but I'm not a subscriber. http://newsok.com/interstate-35-desi...rticle/3579584

Quote Originally Posted by phl1331 View Post
    it appears that during cycle 2 the green car coming from south could easily turn left to get back on to southbound. This video is not very good for the main street example as the frontage road is actually accessed through the mall, which is not shown here. You would have to take cycle 2 and proceed to mall stop light, then turn right and get on frontage road. I found this article which is supposed to have a video but I'm not a subscriber. http://newsok.com/interstate-35-desi...rticle/3579584
    I agree that it would be possible for a car coming from the south to go back south but it appears there could be a configuration such as a Texas Turnaround that would simplify it without waiting for a 3 cycle light. I'm a subscriber and looked at your link. The video is exactly the same as the one posted here earlier.

A Texas turnaround requires the highway to go overhead and the SPUI to be underneath-that's not the case at I-35/Main.

Quote Originally Posted by OUman View Post
    A Texas turnaround requires the highway to go overhead and the SPUI to be underneath-that's not the case at I-35/Main.
    It would require a wider bridge but could be done overhead, if it is worth the cost is harder to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It would require a wider bridge but could be done overhead, if it is worth the cost is harder to say.
    You're correct. The intersection depicted in the video would appear to have room for that but I have no idea about the one being constructed here.

Thread Information