[/template]
    Information & Latest News

Links

County Assessors Record
    Website
    Gallery

[category=]Restaurant / Food Service[/category]
    [category=]Restaurant Buildings[/category]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skinnyslims3.jpg 
Views:	1976 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	1467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skinnyslims5.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	358.5 KB 
ID:	1469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skinnyslims4.jpg 
Views:	1708 
Size:	402.5 KB 
ID:	1468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skinnyslims2.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	289.9 KB 
ID:	1466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skinnyslims6.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	1470  

Default Re: Skinny Slim's

Cool! I always thought this building had such incredible potential.

3. Default Re: Skinny Slim's

Sweet! I had noticed some work going on over there recently. Looks like a good addition. Glad to see that cool little building retained. Anything that would give Main some vibrancy and help tie BT and Deep Deuce together is welcome in my book.

Is this going to be another "Dollhouse" or Rok bar type of place?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Is this going to be another "Dollhouse" or Rok bar type of place?
    Looks like a cool hole in wall neighborhood bar to me.

Interesting angle that seems to continue on in a direct line on the backside of the buildings to the left. Was there a road or something that dictated that angle sometime back?

I love that building. Excellent news!

8. Default Re: Skinny Slim's

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Interesting angle that seems to continue on in a direct line on the backside of the buildings to the left. Was there a road or something that dictated that angle sometime back?
    Railroad tracks. The entire area behind the building, extending to Deep Deuce, was once a massive rail yard. The Walnut Street Bridge still has the historic locomotive blast shields installed on the underside. Preserving those was a part of the reconstruction of that bridge.

Rail is what created Bricktown (and to some extent OKC) in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Pitman View Post
    Looks like a cool hole in wall neighborhood bar to me.
    Doesn't appear big enough to be anything but. No stage area in the drawing either (not there would be room for one in the first instance.) I've often worried someone would end up razing this and just put more parking in that sliver of space so this is very very good news. I prefer a smaller hole in da wall setting to a club setting any night.

Yes, looks like a great place for a pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Cool! I always thought this building had such incredible potential.
    This

I've always thought the garage building, the silver building on the other side of the bridge, had a ton of potential for a cool little sports bar. If it's a nice day out open up the garage door for fresh air and leave it closed if its chilly or too windy. I think Main Street has tons of potential

Quote Originally Posted by oakhollow View Post
    I've always thought the garage building, the silver building on the other side of the bridge, had a ton of potential for a cool little sports bar. If it's a nice day out open up the garage door for fresh air and leave it closed if its chilly or too windy. I think Main Street has tons of potential
    I've always thought Main Street might be the last place in Bricktown that could develop a local feel (ala MidTown or Plaza) that you don't necessarily get in the rest of Bricktown.

Really a tiny building; less than 30 seats including the barstools.

Also, note there is no kitchen -- just a bar and a cooler.

Still, looks like a cool little spot, especially the deck out front.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I've always thought Main Street might be the last place in Bricktown that could develop a local feel (ala MidTown or Plaza) that you don't necessarily get in the rest of Bricktown.
    Definitely, it has great in-tact old fashioned character. The bridge and the tracks create some interesting spaces as well, such as this building that we're discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I've always thought the west end of Main (west of oklahoma) would be the best spot for a strip of national retailers (other than Automobile Alley).

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    I've always thought the west end of Main (west of oklahoma) would be the best spot for a strip of national retailers (other than Automobile Alley).
    Agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Really a tiny building; less than 30 seats including the barstools.

Also, note there is no kitchen -- just a bar and a cooler.

Still, looks like a cool little spot, especially the deck out front.
    I just drove by to see this building. It is definitely tiny. It seems like it will make an excellent neighborhood bar where you'll probably get to know everyone who frequents it.

I emailed Pete pcs of the building last night, hopefully he'll post soon.

http://skinnyslims.com/

Looks like they have one in Springfield, MO.

Two Yelp Reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/skinny-slims-springfield-2

21. Default Re: Skinny Slim's

Quote Originally Posted by ThomPaine View Post
    http://skinnyslims.com/

Looks like they have one in Springfield, MO.

Two Yelp Reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/skinny-slims-springfield-2
    OKLAHOMA CITY – Skinny Slims Public House, an English-style pub with an extensive beer menu, is moving into a historic triangular building in Bricktown that has been vacant for years.

Pub owners Brad Hitchings and Ben Yore opened their first Skinny Slims in Springfield, Mo., a year ago. They settled on Bricktown as the ideal spot for a second pub after coming across the 805-square-foot brick building at 201 E. Main St. They also have plans to open a third pub in Denver.

Hitchings was busy this week doing remodeling work at the Bricktown building, which was built in 1920, according to the Oklahoma County assessor’s office. The building needs extensive construction to transform it into the cozy watering hole that Hitchings said he envisions – it has no electricity or water.

“All the landlord gave me is three walls and a roof,” he said.

Hitchings said he hopes to have Skinny Slims open in the next 60 days, with a small menu of food items and about 100 kinds of beer. The pub also will have a full bar and a large patio.

“It’s going to just be a place to hang out,” he said. “You put 10 people in here and it looks busy.”

No one seems to know much about the history of the small triangular building, but Hitchings has heard stories that it was once used as layover station for railroad workers.

Chad Elmore, sales associate for InterWest Realty, negotiated the Skinny Slims lease for building owner Larry Crowe. The space was last inhabited by a hot dog vendor more than 10 years ago, Elmore said.

“As soon as I showed them the space, they said ‘This is done, make it happen,” Elmore said. “It’s going to be a small cozy pub with a really warm feel to it.”

Good to know that the owners already have experience. Always ups the chances for success. Over the years Bricktown has had more than it's share of restaurants and bar owners that lacked the experience needed to survive the long haul.

805 sf...That IS a tiny place...smaller than my smallish 2 bed apartment...LOL

From Metro:

I looked at this building last night before the Thunder game... It sure is small, but makes me really curious as to how they are going to utilize the space! can't wait for this place to open

Thread Information