Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kd's Restaurant / Legacy Grill

1. Default Re: Kevin Durant Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the south side will NOT be ground level with the new BLVD the BLVD will be above ground bridge getting ready to link up with I235 in this area ..
    It's not like it matters. There is quite a buffer of parking separating the two.

I fully expect this building to follow the Toby Keith model and have the main entrance facing the parking lot and treat the canal frontage as an afterthought.

Default Re: Kevin Durant Restaurant

the south side will NOT be ground level with the new BLVD the BLVD will be above ground bridge getting ready to link up with I235 in this area ..
    According to some of the ODOT progress maps the boulevard is intended to be at ground level near Joe Carter Ave.

I am excited to see a restaurant from Kevin Durant and something to fill this hole, but I am disappointed in the design. However, it matches the rest of the area of Lower Bricktown - suburban in nature that happens to be along a canal.

The new boulevard is an above ground bridge over the canal and then will come down to ground level just to the west of the canal crossing. It may be cutting it close and there may even be some kind of landscaping berm between the building and the road. Who knows, just saying, it'd be worth it not to have to look at the back side of a building when you're looking over at the Brick from the Boulevard since we're looking at a different perspective in this new future.

Here are the final plans for the Kevin Durant restaurant plus one other restaurant space:

Thank goodness they finally steered that fictional elderly couple away from the canal!

have to wonder if the other spot will be an upper crust ..

A slender and small patio on half of the building....what a pathetic use of prime canal frontage. An absolute joke

Just terrible. How can people who do this for a living be so bad at it? Why would you not have your business interact with the canal more?!? A huge patio would likely be a hit!

HangryHippo Guest

Hogan continues to disappoint. I seriously don't understand his ineptitude here.

The other tenent will have no patio at all.

Pathetic waste of land...

Keep this thread in mind when thinking about how you want the new boulevard developed. Do you want a parkway or an urban street?

As for this abomination, there won't be many protest when they have to scrape this area clear in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    A slender and small patio on half of the building....what a pathetic use of prime canal frontage. An absolute joke
    Randy Hogan has to be the most boring, unimaginative person in OKC. Your statement is an understatement. I guess it's infill though.

I agree Metro - as bad as it is, atleast it takes up some vacant space.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I agree Metro - as bad as it is, atleast it takes up some vacant space.
    I guess at the end of the day its just an extension of what was built directly to the west of this property.

It will also be easy to replace down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I guess at the end of the day its just an extension of what was built directly to the west of this property.
    Would you guys rather have a dang grass lot....?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Nope, but that doesn't mean I can't dream of something better that could go there.

Edit: I would like to think are city has grown out of the "its better than a dang grass lot" phase of our development, I guess not. At least were not waving carrots for sporting good stores anymore. BP is about to have more competition from all four corners of the metro in a couple of months.

20. Default Re: Kevin Durant Restaurant

Id rather have the grass

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    If the choice is between grass lots and this, then what does that say about this development? If I was a developer and someone even entertained the thought that my development was even comparable to a grass lot, I would be ashamed.

If it's a Hal Smith Group chain, it'll last. The building may not be so cool, but it'll have more people traffic than the empty grass lot. Several years ago, we went to San Antonio twice in about 15 months. What we were amazed by was the 'turnover' in resturants, what we had enjoyed were either something else or completely vacant, and it was in the urban canal wall of buildings.

Blog Entries

I love San Antonio Riverwalk, however, past two times I have been there I have been practically alone on the river at 9 pm. It was mid week, but I would have expected more life and traffic. As for historic, the river was a sewer..that's the history.

We should hope this restaurant is good and draws people. Whether there is a lively patio or not, the restaurant will bring people IN to the city and they will spend time before, after, or both. It will give people one more reason to go downtown and/or to stay, and that is good.

As for it being scraped later...maybe after years and years. But, there is so much undeveloped and under-developed land downtown there will be lots of other places to scrape before businesses with cash flow and profit will be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Very true. Sad to hear that about SARW. Haven't been in over 10 years.

In general, I am for just about any kind of development in OKC for the reason you stated. But then why have the design committee? That is where my beef is. I fail to grasp their vision for BT. Is it simply an ED one? Perhaps they are just miss-labeled.
    I believe the Bricktown Design Committee does not have jurisidction south of Reno Ave.... Maybe I was dreaming that up.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    I'd that is true, I apologize. I have misplaced 'blame' then.
    Wasn't dreaming, according to this map. Hardly any of Lower bricktown is subject to any special review commitee. Just the planning department for building permits.
    http://www.okctalk.com/other-urban-d...districts.html

Thread Information