Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 231
  1. #201

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Just took these.

    Put on the finishing touches ahead of tonight's home opener.








  2. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,577
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    ^Looks great. Should be rocking with Kershaw in the house and beautiful night.

  3. #203

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just took these.

    Put on the finishing touches ahead of tonight's home opener.







    That first picture is FANTASTIC!

  4. #204

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    I do like that first picture - it strategically hides the upper deck tarps. ;-)

  5. #205

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    I do like that first picture - it strategically hides the upper deck tarps. ;-)
    it was a great environment last night for the season opener

  6. #206

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    I do like that first picture - it strategically hides the upper deck tarps. ;-)
    Sigh, those upper decks. Can we just remove them and move them to softball facility? I'm joking of course.

    Seriously though, maybe we need a maps project to replace them with luxury boxes or something like that.

  7. #207

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Took this one Saturday night:


  8. #208

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Great pic!

  9. #209

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Sigh, those upper decks. Can we just remove them and move them to softball facility? I'm joking of course.

    Seriously though, maybe we need a maps project to replace them with luxury boxes or something like that.
    I hope this is in jest. OKC is the #1 farm team for a VERY possible world series team. It is full of ready-for-Primetime players that would likely be in the major leagues if not for the outrageous talent on the LA team. OKC is lucky to have such a quality program and should support this team to a point the upper decks should be needed.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,775
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    I don't think he meant to move the TEAM to the softball field, just the unused upper deck (presumably since they are building an upper deck there)

  11. #211

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I don't think he meant to move the TEAM to the softball field, just the unused upper deck (presumably since they are building an upper deck there)
    Yes, and I made it pretty clear that was just a joke. But that being said I dont see this deck being used regardless of what happens in the major leagues. They did that because of the sun blinding people. It would be more successful with suites or some kind of party deck. They have done this a few times even with MLB stadiums.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,775
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    it was clear to me

  13. #213

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Yes, and I made it pretty clear that was just a joke. But that being said I dont see this deck being used regardless of what happens in the major leagues. They did that because of the sun blinding people. It would be more successful with suites or some kind of party deck. They have done this a few times even with MLB stadiums.
    the sun had 0 to do with them covering that upper deck

  14. #214

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the sun had 0 to do with them covering that upper deck
    May not be a principle economic reason, but it is why they choose those decks to tarp off. I don't know about everyone else in the city, but it is why I picked third base upper deck when they were both open.

  15. #215

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the sun had 0 to do with them covering that upper deck
    ^^^^^^

  16. Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Pete, I really liked your photos of the ballpark, so when I found myself in that area this evening I thought I'd snap one as well! Just so happens to give a good perspective of the construction cranes compared to the CBD.


  17. #217

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    That is an awesome picture!

  18. #218

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    One of the best pictures of Oklahoma City I’ve ever seen... salute

  19. #219

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Yes, and I made it pretty clear that was just a joke. But that being said I dont see this deck being used regardless of what happens in the major leagues. They did that because of the sun blinding people. It would be more successful with suites or some kind of party deck. They have done this a few times even with MLB stadiums.
    Did somebody say party deck? http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp...8&vkey=tickets

  20. #220

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Out for bid is a project to replace the seats at the ballpark for an estimated $1.7M.

  21. #221

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Good news, Pete.

    Will be nice to see the ballpark returned to its original state or close to it. The tarped off section beyond 1st base line upper deck seats have great sight line (IMO). Wish The Chick had sections of arm chair seating throughout the outfield and underneath the current tarped off section.

  22. #222

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

    Wish The Chick had sections of arm chair seating throughout the outfield and underneath the current tarped off section.

    I don't understand what this means...unless it is a typo.

  23. #223

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Commonly referred to as The Brick, I call it The Chick--short for Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.

    Shorten theses names, a new one The Tail = Scissortail Park.

  24. #224

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Got it

  25. #225

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Any chance they plan on opening the tarped off areas once they get new seating in then?

    I understand they aren't selling out by any means even with the upper sections tarped off, but why not sell those as general seating for like... $5? I believe they are already in the upper echelon of AAA attendance, I'd love to sit in the upper decks again! I'd bet I haven't sat up there since...2004 or so.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Staybridge Suites
    By sethsrott in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 791
    Last Post: 02-20-2019, 02:05 AM
  2. Bricktown or Redhawks Ballpark
    By Patrick in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 12:09 AM
  4. AT&T Bricktown Ballpark???
    By Decious in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 01:56 PM
  5. Bricktown Ballpark plans winter games
    By PUGalicious in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 07:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO