Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 231
  1. Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I hope their "feasibility study" doesn't include tarping off more seats. I think that looks crappy.....just my opinion.
    Agree 100%.

  2. #127

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Agree 100%.
    I agree, too. I hate it. Especially with our having the second most expensive season tickets in the league. I did some research on this before I made a post about the season ticket packages a couple of months back in the Dodgers thread. Some of the teams in the PCL fill up sections like that with season tickets as low as $375 and then still have their expensive packages in the great seats. Why not?

    Love the new Dodgers affiliation though. Wow.

  3. #128

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Pic from the weekend. Which new buildings will be visible beyond the outfield by 2017?


  4. #129

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is a beautiful venue. We may need to renovate it. Would $10 million (MAPS IV) help replace the right sideline upper deck seating and restore the park back to its original fervor?

  5. #130

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    I've always really like that it's downtown and for that matter, our arena too. Watching the Thunder game last night as they pan outside and you see Oracle and their baseball stadium, what looks like out in the middle of nowhere to some degree (I know it's not, still) and in a see of parking, it kind of makes you go that's all there is to do there. Whereas I can go downtown before the game, Dodgers or Thunder, and have a whole bunch of entertainment choices. This is something I maybe took for granted before, but am coming to appreciate. Granted there still needs to be sufficient parking, but garages will do and can usually be made to enhance the area without creating a huge negative impact.

  6. Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is a beautiful venue. We may need to renovate it. Would $10 million (MAPS IV) help replace the right sideline upper deck seating and restore the park back to its original fervor?
    Nothing wrong with the seating other than getting butts in the seats, so they supplement with advertising covers.

  7. #132

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Nothing wrong with the seating other than getting butts in the seats, so they supplement with advertising covers.
    Heard that they were using seats under the tarped area to replace current seating in other areas of the stadium that were defective.

    We know the value the advertisements the tarps bring.

  8. #133

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Avg attendance by season

    2005: 7,744
    2006: 7,422
    2007: 7,567
    2008: 6,716
    2009: 5,675
    2010: 5,479
    2011: 5,262
    2012: 5,633
    2013: 5,797
    2014: 6,045
    2015: 6,941

  9. #134

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    Avg attendance by season

    2005: 7,744
    2006: 7,422
    2007: 7,567
    2008: 6,716
    2009: 5,675
    2010: 5,479
    2011: 5,262
    2012: 5,633
    2013: 5,797
    2014: 6,045
    2015: 6,941
    Only so much you can do to attract fans to minor league games. Free Hot Dogs and $1.00 beer would prob. fill it up. Even many MLB teams are struggling at the gate these days.

  10. #135

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    Avg attendance by season

    2005: 7,744
    2006: 7,422
    2007: 7,567
    2008: 6,716
    2009: 5,675
    2010: 5,479
    2011: 5,262
    2012: 5,633
    2013: 5,797
    2014: 6,045
    2015: 6,941
    Looks like there was a huge dropoff when the Thunder came to town, and then after the Dodgers rebrand, attendance is headed back up again.

  11. #136

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    I love minor league games. I really should have gone to more in OKC. It's super cheap entertainment, and on a nice warm summer night it's a very relaxing setting. Even with the very weak beer that is the equivalent of water, it's still a great bargain.

  12. #137

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Looks like there was a huge dropoff when the Thunder came to town, and then after the Dodgers rebrand, attendance is headed back up again.
    I think it was the economy more than anything that made the drop in numbers. A lot of baseball fans go that aren't necessarily basketball fans. I remember going in the early 2000s and the weekend games would be at capacity. Got to see some former Ranger greats play when they were rehabbing and Sammy Sosa when he was rehabbing for Iowa.

    If only they would have built it facing the other direction....


  13. #138

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    If only they would have built it facing the other direction....
    You really can't build a ballpark facing west otherwise the batters have the sun in their eyes.

  14. #139

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You really can't build a ballpark facing west otherwise the batters have the sun in their eyes.
    Good point!

    A legitimate concern with another stadium in Oklahoma (Stillwater) where there's an east-west football stadium--the sun.

  15. #140

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I love minor league games. I really should have gone to more in OKC. It's super cheap entertainment, and on a nice warm summer night it's a very relaxing setting. Even with the very weak beer that is the equivalent of water, it's still a great bargain.
    Very little difference between here and other states with so called "high point" beer.

    https://m.reddit.com/r/tulsa/comment...and_liquor_in/

  16. #141

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Very little difference between here and other states with so called "high point" beer.

    https://m.reddit.com/r/tulsa/comment...and_liquor_in/
    There's not much difference in alcohol content, but flavor-wise, low point beers seem to rarely measure up (in my opinion anyways). Even low-point beers produced by craft brewers such as COOP still can't seem to get past the slightly watered-down flavor. What's there is still a vast improvement over the beers put out by the large domestic brewers, but they still seem to fall short of the high-point beers put out by the same craft brewery. But maybe that's just intentional to discourage cannibalization of sales of their high-point beers.

  17. #142

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Yes, I think the light beer is very watery. I like a strong hoppy beer. Like I said, ballpark beer is part of the experience and is a relaxing way to spend a summer evening.

  18. #143

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    I tend to need some water at a baseball game when it's warm out, so drinking light beer is a 2-fer, lol.

  19. #144

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by CS_Mike View Post
    There's not much difference in alcohol content, but flavor-wise, low point beers seem to rarely measure up (in my opinion anyways). Even low-point beers produced by craft brewers such as COOP still can't seem to get past the slightly watered-down flavor. What's there is still a vast improvement over the beers put out by the large domestic brewers, but they still seem to fall short of the high-point beers put out by the same craft brewery. But maybe that's just intentional to discourage cannibalization of sales of their high-point beers.
    I think it's because there is only so much you can do and still keep it under 4% ABV. Some European imports that are naturally below 4% ABV lack the "kick" that stronger beers have. Honestly if you are looking for good tasting 3.2 beer, Royal Bavaria's house-brewed beers are probably the best I've had.

    As for the supposed "negligible difference" between Oklahoma's 3.2 beers and other states, I really wish people would stop bringing that up as it only applies if you are drinking domestic light beer i.e. Bud Light, Coors Light, etc. If you drink full-strength Budweiser for instance, there is quite a difference, in both flavor and potency, between a 3.2 Oklahoma Budweiser and the equivalent product in other states that comes in at about 5%. The difference becomes even greater with more potent beers like Blue Moon and PBR. The conversation isn't about just not being able to get as drunk on 3.2 beer. It's also about flavor and the quality of the product.

  20. #145

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    As for the supposed "negligible difference" between Oklahoma's 3.2 beers and other states, I really wish people would stop bringing that up as it only applies if you are drinking domestic light beer i.e. Bud Light, Coors Light, etc. If you drink full-strength Budweiser for instance, there is quite a difference, in both flavor and potency, between a 3.2 Oklahoma Budweiser and the equivalent product in other states that comes in at about 5%. The difference becomes even greater with more potent beers like Blue Moon and PBR. The conversation isn't about just not being able to get as drunk on 3.2 beer. It's also about flavor and the quality of the product.
    I live in Texas and while I usually drink craft beers, when I do have domestic beers in Texas and Oklahoma, I cannot tell any major difference. That's just my experience, but if you mixed up a box of Oklahoma and Texas Coors' Lights, there is no way I could tell a difference. It'd actually be fun to try this experiment and see how you do...

  21. #146

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I live in Texas and while I usually drink craft beers, when I do have domestic beers in Texas and Oklahoma, I cannot tell any major difference. That's just my experience, but if you mixed up a box of Oklahoma and Texas Coors' Lights, there is no way I could tell a difference. It'd actually be fun to try this experiment and see how you do...
    I would agree with Coors Light, but not Budweiser, Coors (full flavored), Blue Moon, PBR, etc.

  22. #147

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    minor league baseball and cheap beer seem to go together pretty well. thirsty thursdays at dodgers game makes it happen ($2 bud, miller products)

  23. #148

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    I agree with Dan on the beer in Oklahoma and Texass, can't tell a bit of difference. The Thursday night beer at the "Redhawks" games used to be $1. When the youngest daughter was a cheerleader in high school, the wife and I worked concession stands as a fund raiser for cheer squad. On Thursday's we would be assigned a beer kiosk. We were drawing beer non-stop from about an hour before the game until we had to stop in 7-8 inning or so. I guess the days of $1 beer left when the Dodger organization came to town.

  24. #149
    2Lanez Guest

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    They're up to $2 on Thursdays, but you get a full 16 oz., instead of the 12 oz. you got in the Redhawks days.

  25. #150

    Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Lanez View Post
    They're up to $2 on Thursdays, but you get a full 16 oz., instead of the 12 oz. you got in the Redhawks days.
    Well that is a plus.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Staybridge Suites
    By sethsrott in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 791
    Last Post: 02-20-2019, 02:05 AM
  2. Bricktown or Redhawks Ballpark
    By Patrick in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 12:09 AM
  4. AT&T Bricktown Ballpark???
    By Decious in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 01:56 PM
  5. Bricktown Ballpark plans winter games
    By PUGalicious in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 07:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO