Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Downtown Housing Summary

Default Re: Downtown Housing Summary

Whats a good location for a downtown/bricktown/midtown CVS or Walgreen's? its a surprise to me there isn't one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Whats a good location for a downtown/bricktown/midtown CVS or Walgreen's? its a surprise to me there isn't one yet.
    CVS had a tentative deal to go into the Century Center a couple of years ago then backed out at the last minute.

They are going into that Times Square development(has another placer name been chosen yet?) along with a grocery store, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They are going into that Times Square development(has another placer name been chosen yet?) along with a grocery store, right?
    I'm sure they've talked to CVS and/or Walgreens but no deal has been struck for that site and they are probably a few years out before building it.

I just did a full update on this summary.

I updated the article in the 1st post of this thread to reflect a bunch of new projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I updated the article in the 1st post of this thread to reflect a bunch of new projects.
    Are you including projects that are in-the-works, or only completed projects?

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyInOKC View Post
    Are you including projects that are in-the-works, or only completed projects?
    In the works (as in formally announced) but I'm behind in updating the list.

Actually, keeping all this stuff updated is a crazy amount of work and very few people seem to care, so I've slacked off. I'll keep doing it, just not as frequently.

Pete you should keep it up! I know you’re busy though! Myself—I’m sure others—really appreciates this list and the urban project summary and I often find I’m going through it at least once a month; I still get excited every time.

Pete you should keep it up! I know you’re busy though! Myself—I’m sure others—really appreciates this list and the urban project summary and I often find I’m going through it at least once a month; I still get excited every time.
    That's good to know.

I'll update both soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That's good to know.

I'll update both soon.
    I know I’ll be looking forward to it! Much thanks ����

I just updated this.

Please provide any additions/corrections.

I left Times Square and the Sycamore Square addition, but they are almost certainly dead at this point.

Added Boulevard Place and 700 West.

What about the proposed small condo development in Sosa?

What about the proposed small condo development in Sosa?
    Do you mean SoSA Townhomes or Cirrus?

Both or on the list.

^^ it’s the one straight across from Cirrus.

^^ it’s the one straight across from Cirrus.
    if you mean the 3 units to the east, that project is dead.

Any idea of what our number of downtown residents is now?

Just got back from Nashville and couldn't believe all the development, more than anything I had ever seen in Austin, Dallas or Charlotte. Read an article that DT Nashville currently has 12,000 residents living downtown and projected 20,000 by 2022. I would kill to have 1/100 of the development going on that they have. (which is hard to imaging with everything we have going on, but what we have doesn't even touch the surface to them) Would love to see a lot of their midrise dense development around the Gulch or Vandy take place around Scissortail Park.

Blog Entries

If you ask DOKC they will tell you between 9-11K, depending on which figures you use.

Either the number I saw on Nashville were way off or DOKC is way off with their numbers. If DT OKC has 9-11k people living in it then there is no reason we shouldn’t have and sustain much more retail, a full service grocery and more.

[QUOTE=sroberts24;1097271]Either the number I saw on Nashville were way off or DOKC is way off with their numbers. If DT OKC has 9-11k people living in it then there is no reason we shouldn’t have and sustain much more retail, a full service grocery and more.[/QUOTE

I agree. DOKC counts total units within the BID area, which is large. One of the major developers of living units DT told me that occupancy rates were embarrassing low. I've always questioned DOKC's stats.

Quote Originally Posted by LordGerald View Post
    One of the major developers of living units DT told me that occupancy rates were embarrassing low. I've always questioned DOKC's stats.
    I'm not hearing this elsewhere, but I find it intriguing. Maybe we have run out of people willing to shell out $1,400-1,800 for a one bedroom unit (parking extra?).

Blog Entries

We've way overbuilt downtown housing; now can we fill those units with some quality jobs professionals who will bring more people into the DT scene vs. trading suburban housing trading places for downtown units.

We have the capacity to attract more jobs like Heartland Payments but we can't in turn lose Sonic Drive In & 7 Eleven corporate jobs.

Does anyone know how Oklahoma's Quality Jobs program is doing in Oklahoma City with adding jobs or expansion of existing corporations/companies in our metro. Tulsa looms big with American Airlines maintenance center expansion if those jobs come to fruition.

American Fidelity Assurance of OKC has been list as 55 of 100 Best Fortune 100 best companies to work for in 2019: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/bes.../100-best/2019

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    We've way overbuilt downtown housing; now can we fill those units with some quality jobs professionals who will bring more people into the DT scene vs. trading suburban housing trading places for downtown units.

We have the capacity to attract more jobs like Heartland Payments but we can't in turn lose Sonic Drive In & 7 Eleven corporate jobs.

Does anyone know how Oklahoma's Quality Jobs program is doing in Oklahoma City with adding jobs or expansion of existing corporations/companies in our metro. Tulsa looms big with American Airlines maintenance center expansion if those jobs come to fruition.

American Fidelity Assurance of OKC has been list as 55 of 100 Best Fortune 100 best companies to work for in 2019: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/bes.../100-best/2019
    this is simply not true at all ...... downtown housing is still underbuilt

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    I really wish we would have stayed at our Classen complex or moved into the Core instead of wide open pastures...

Thread Information