Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Downtown Housing Summary

Default Re: Downtown Housing Summary

Thanks for the input.

I've added the Sieber and Garage Lofts.

The Cline has 12 units, and I've made that change as well.

Normally, any subscriber can edit an article (plus others who write me and ask for access) but in this case I actually keep this information on an external spreadsheet, due to the calculations.

So, merely list anything that has been missed and it will be added.

905 NW 12th and Francis Residential Building (1217 N. Francis), both Midtown Renaissance projects.

http://midtownr.com/View.aspx?type=res

Cool. Good job Pete. As far as the Hudson&6th Marva project. Only the Allen's Cafe Building has progress although they have work permits posted for the other new projects.

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    905 NW 12th and Francis Residential Building (1217 N. Francis), both Midtown Renaissance projects.

http://midtownr.com/View.aspx?type=res
    Thanks, those have been added as well.

Pretty comprehensive list with links in the ARTICLE tab.

Pete, if you go to the Facebook page for Studio 910 you'll note that they are actually also renovating Studio 900, across the parking lot. You will probably need to at least double the number of projected units for the property.

Here is a great summary document from Downtown OKC Inc., showing properties for rent and sale in the downtown area:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/downtownliving.pdf

Bumping this up... Go to the ARTICLE tab above for a great summary and index of all downtown housing projects.

An update by Steve about what is happening here.

Kevin Durant's purchase is just one sign of downtown Oklahoma City's housing boom | News OK

As he indicates, housing construction underway will soon top 1,000 units.

And no, I didn't have lunch with Steve or go out walking around with him to get advance knowledge about this story. LOL

I've updated the article to reflect the addition of the Metropolitan and Mideke projects.

Seems the Condo side is fairly out of date. The 18 Hill units under construction are still in the Proposed slot, and I think far more than 8 Brownstones are sold, and I would bet more Lofts at Maywood as well. It also doesn't include Lisbons 7 units, the Clark Building, Firehouse @ Deep Deuce. And I might recommend putting all "Single-family units" under that one heading on the chart...you can footnote the addresses/names so as to keep the chart easier to read.

In terms of discussion: What would people say an optimal ratio of Rental:Owner units is?

I'm thinking between 6:1 and 7:1?

You could add the Sorosis Club Condos - 3 units all owner occupied at 15th and robinson..... orginally developed by Mark Ruffin South of the Aberdeen....

Steve's article from today summarizing some of the larger downtown housing projects.

A new addition is that the Marion will be converted to 10 residential units -- I've updated the article above to reflect this, as well as moving a bunch of the units into the "under construction" category.

OKC Central: Oklahoma City downtown apartment boom continues | News OK

Someone needs to step up and build a first-class residential tower -- with for-sale units.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Steve's article from today summarizing some of the larger downtown housing projects.

A new addition is that the Marion will be converted to 10 residential units -- I've updated the article above to reflect this, as well as moving a bunch of the units into the "under construction" category.

OKC Central: Oklahoma City downtown apartment boom continues | News OK
    Pete, I believe the numbers for the Guardian are short. It has 37 units.

Also, does this include the section 8 and other housing downtown? There are several units -- perhaps hundreds, in lower income buildings. These count for downtown residential as well.

If we were to assume the average occupancy is 1.6 residents per unit, that brings the inner downtown population up to more than 5,700 residents, not including the aforementioned lower income and special services properties.

Thanks, adjusted the Guardian number to 37.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    A condo tower in the CBD would be perfect timing, IMO.
    Here here!

A condo tower in the CBD would be perfect timing, IMO.
    It would have been so perfect on the Stage Center site.

However, the next best place would be 4th & EKG/Broadway, and there's plenty of options right there.

There may be a nice infill lot too. I like tall, thin condo towers. They don't have large footprint.

It's extreme but even a couple infill buildings like this: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/18/re...anted=all&_r=0
    The Oklahoma wind would snap that in half like a cracker

How about across from the Montgomery?

You'd have the beautiful old Montgomery building on one side, already used as residential, and the Bicentennial Park on the other side.
    Lovely location. Unfortunately, you'd have to demo a few buildings to clear the space -- could be a big problem.

Or...

To avoid demolition, grab the parking lot at Hudson and 4th.

The Regency is just to the north and Legacy Arts just to the west, so residential would not be out of place in that area.
    The views of downtown would be unreal awesome.

(Both images taken from aerial photos by Holly Baumann)

I like the idea of residential going just to the north of the CBD or just on the north edge of it. More people in that area makes good sense as MidTown and Automobile Alley and even Deep Deuce start to offer more amenities.
    I tend to agree. That infill spot near the Montgomery would look great in the skyline, though. But there aren't a lot of amenities nearby. Oh wait, streetcar. Nevermind.

Because the SE corner of 4th/EKG is probably not going to happen considering in whose hands the property likely sits, the lot directly across from the Buick building would really be a great spot. Easy walk up Broadway, quick access to Deep Deuce and Midtown, both of which will be substantially further along in amenities by the time any Residential tower is finished.

Anyone care to take a stab at the probability we have a high rise residential project for downtown announced within the next 5 years?

Thread Information