Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Barons Update

Default Re: Barons Update

If anyone is interested I have been doing a stats sheet for the current and past Barons seasons.
    Links to previous seasons are on the MISC sheet.
    2012-13 Barons Season Stats

Watching the NHL players is real exciting, hopefully we can watch Taylor Hall soon too

Quote Originally Posted by ahlokc View Post
    If anyone is interested I have been doing a stats sheet for the current and past Barons seasons.
    Links to previous seasons are on the MISC sheet.
    2012-13 Barons Season Stats

Watching the NHL players is real exciting, hopefully we can watch Taylor Hall soon too
    Thanks so much!

OKC Thunder – The Team Oilers Want To Be

The Edmonton NHL players recently sent to OKC discover Thunder-mania in town, and join in a bit themselves.

So is live hockey actually still available in OKC? For some reason I thought that it sort of faded into . . . .
    But I'd love to go to a game if possible . . . And had to check out a bit of the background . . .
    Edmonton Sun

Do you have to have season tickets to get in?
    Or can you buy them at the door?

It is still available, they killed off the blazers either as part of or in preparation for getting a new team in a higher tier league.

You don't have to have season tickets, you can get them at the door but I think it costs a couple more dollars if you buy game day verses ahead of time.

Looks like Taylor Hall may be making his AHL/OKC Barons debut either Friday or Saturday if things go according to plans!

http://newsok.com/another-no.-1-pick...rticle/3723398

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It is still available, they killed off the blazers either as part of or in preparation for getting a new team in a higher tier league.

You don't have to have season tickets, you can get them at the door but I think it costs a couple more dollars if you buy game day verses ahead of time.
    Yes they charge a few more $ if you buy the day of the game, even on discounted $8 night.

We have home games tonight and tomorrow, then they are on away for like 3 weeks

well... having some exciting talent from the NHL isn't helping attendance. through 10 home games we are averaging 3387 per game. with 3209 on Saturday when they were giving a Car away, and 3447 on friday night

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    well... having some exciting talent from the NHL isn't helping attendance. through 10 home games we are averaging 3387 per game. with 3209 on Saturday when they were giving a Car away, and 3447 on friday night
    Not bad odds for those hoping for the car.

and while those numbers seem low, we aren't giving away a bunch of free tickets and padding those numbers. I'm not sure what the Barons are hoping for when it comes to average attendance, but i think what we have is respectable, i just wish it were up around that 3800 per game. I think that's where we should be

Barons dominated the Charlotte Checkers this weekend, and have now pulled within 2 points of the Division lead. We have also played one fewer game.

next games are away at houston. should be on 96.1 on the radio at 7pm. Next home game isn't until December 11th.

Does anyone know if they still show the online video feed at BWW on Northwest Expressway? i know they did during the playoffs last year

13. Default Re: Barons Update

Barons dead last in attendance. Not looking good

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League | Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Barons dead last in attendance. Not looking good

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League | Home Page
    not looking good for what? everyone within the organization says that while not quite as high as they would like, our numbers are respectable. I've heard this mentioned several times on the Monday night radio show.

not looking good compared to the rest of the league? well yes possibly, but a bunch of those organizations pad the numbers by giving out ridiculous amounts to tickets, much the same way the Blazers did.

we are averaging around 3300 per game, we should be up around 3500, but for people to think that we should be somewhere in the middle at 6000, i think they were thinking too hard about this. Someone has to be last, and it just happens to be us. the most in the league is as 9000.

Thats why it's good to have a place like the Cox Center that doesn't cost as much in operating costs to play at. over in the Urban development threads they keep talking about wanting to eliminate the Cox Center once the new convention center is finished and that we don't need two arenas in downtown OKC... but we do need to arenas... because if they were playing in the Peake, 3,300 wouldn't cut it, i'm sure. The benifit of having an older arena that's cheaper to use is that it allows for events like the Barons games to keep going. If they tear down the Cox Center, then the Barons will either die after a few years in the Peake, or will have to move to the Fair Grounds Arena, and i don't like that idea one bit.

Most of the teams as new as our's are pretty low on that list and the Oilers seem like they like having a farm team they can use for player development.

6400 at saturdays game

According to the link, the Barons are 5th to last now. Abbotsford, which is in Canada, isn't averaging much more than OKC and they've played 3 more home games. I wouldn't look way too much into it. For being new, being overshadowed by a much more popular professional team, and not being in a traditional hockey state, they aren't doing all that bad.

Besides with Eberle, Schultz, Hall, and other young Oilers players playing as well as they have been, I doubt the powers that be in Edmonton really care all that much.

There are Barons games tonight and tomorrow at 7... we are 2 points in the standing behind the Texas Stars. so we have a chance to pull into second in the division and a potential to pull within 3 points of the division lead

Eberle had a Natural Hat Trick (3 goals in a single period without anyone else scoring in between) all in about 3 minutes and 40 seconds, to close out 2012. and did so infront of 4,976 fans. a wonderful attendance night! we are now up to 3513 for an average. and it just slowly keeps creeping up. i would love for us to be averaging 3700-4000 by the end of the season. If any of you haven't made it out to see a game yet. you really should. Next home game is January 11th at 7pm

And now the NHL Lockout is over and it'll be a matter of time before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny_Crockett View Post
    And now the NHL Lockout is over and it'll be a matter of time before the season starts.
    just means that we need our other players to step it up... which i believe they can do. the core of the team that won the Western Conference last season is still here. And it's not like we are going to be short on people, we have called up several from the Stockton Thunder who were playing very well in the ECHL, and have had time with this team in the past

22. Default Re: Barons Update

Good size crowd at the game last night. Too bad Barons got a reality check by getting thumped 7-0. They really messed up not taking advantage of that talent to put themselves in a good position in the standings before the lockout ended. Might be tough to make the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Good size crowd at the game last night. Too bad Barons got a reality check by getting thumped 7-0. They really messed up not taking advantage of that talent to put themselves in a good position in the standings before the lockout ended. Might be tough to make the playoffs this year.
    Every AHL team had access to NHL talent during the lockout. If anything, the Barons are on a more even footing now, since the Oilers aren't necessarily a cinch for the Stanley Cup.

Yann Danis gets called back to join the Barons.

Also the first episode of the new season of Oil Change (Documentary about the Edmonton Oilers) had some behind the scene OKC Barons footage (about 12 mins worth). Starts around 15:45 if you don't want to watch the beginning. OIL CHANGE: GAME ON - Episode 1 (Full) Video - NHL VideoCenter

Here is a newsok article about it Oklahoma City Barons: Oil Change provides unprecedented access to Oilers' organization | News OK

just 25 games left in the season... and we are fighting hard for a playoff spot. realistically we need about 30-35 points to make the playoffs over the next 25 games... so be hoping for some wins, and hope that every loss is in OT

Thread Information