Default Re: Oklahoma Contemporary

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBE1C313-10B3-40C6-922B-C35525574D53.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	15589
    Not sure if this was posted but I guess the corner will be illuminated

Took a tour of the building yesterday. Completely understand that the exterior cladding is not for everyone but count me as a fan. It will be neat to see, especially for people that drive by on a daily basis, how the light reflects off the building throughout the day and on one day to the next. The difference from when we started the tour to when we left was very noticeable. The interior is very impressive. Even though there are few windows the light throughout the space is gorgeous and the areas that are closer to being finished are looking like very high quality modern design. I'm far from an expert but it seems like each space is well designed for its intended purpose.

I feel like an idiot never really knowing much about, visiting, or utilizing OK Contemporary even though I've lived in OKC much of my life and suspect this is largely due to its current/soon-to-be previous location. But I expect the new building will be a boon to its programming and that the space will be a VERY popular event space after it opens. Hopefully there will be movement on the Dolese space in the relatively near future though, as many of the views face that direction.

^

Thanks for all that info.

And yes, they have been almost invisible at the fairgrounds and this beautiful new space and great location will bring tons more interest.

I personally love contemporary art and very much look forward to this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Thanks for all that info.

And yes, they have been almost invisible at the fairgrounds and this beautiful new space and great location will bring tons more interest.

I personally love contemporary art and very much look forward to this place.
    Looking forward to it as well. I was unaware of all the classes they put on - for both children and adults - for the community and for all sorts of mediums, not to mention the exhibits, concerts, etc.

Thread Information