Widgets Magazine

Thread: Szechuan Bistro

Far North Szechuan Bistro

Szechuan Bistro is a relatively new Chinese restaurant on Memorial, near Western, where Riki's Mexican Cafe used to be. We went in on my B-day to try it and were pleasantly surprised. My wife said the parking lot is often full and our first clue was that most of the customers were Asian! That's usually a good sign. We sat down and discovered they have American and Asian menus so we ordered one item from each. I got the General Tso's chicken which was good. Not syrupy sweet like most Chinese restaurants and I talked to the owner and found out I could get it unbreaded, like Leo's in Stillwater. My wife got a spicy fish in claypot dish that was fantastic. The egg roll was also very good and reminiscent of Leo's (can you tell I was a HUGE fan of Leos?).

The food is authentic Chinese food along the lines of Fung's Kitchen and the quality was outstanding. Highly recommended for lovers of Chinese food! Service was great, owners came out and talked to us and the prices were right.

A very nice addition to the northern OKC/Edmond dining scene.

Default Re: Szechuan Bistro

I've been several times as it is not far from my house. A great addition to OKC, and to the north side, which doesn't have as many ethnic or locally owned restaurants. Have been very pleased with the food each time we've gone. A new favorite, for certain!

Default Re: Szechuan Bistro

I've been once and you are correct it is very good. I liked how when I ordered an spicy dish and said make it extra spicy they accurately did it. Most places make it maybe a little bit spicy, but this place asked me how spicy and made it exactly how I asked. Plus they have 100+ items on the menu it seems, something for everyone.

FYI - They also deliver and have online ordering. Never used it but have checked it out.

Thread Information