Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Villa Teresa

1. Default Re: Villa Teresa

I'd agree that high-intensity is not what is needed there but what is currently there doesn't really fit into what the document calls general urban either.

It's possible that I am not understanding what is meant by general urban.

2. Default Re: Villa Teresa

The matrix provided in the document:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	matrix.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	11697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	matrix.JPG 
Views:	814 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	11699  

Default Re: Villa Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    The matrix provided in the document:
    Well, right now it's a vacant school, so yeah, it's not the best use. I was referring more to the form of the buildings.

Look at the matrix on page 19 which refers to the Future Development Plan section of the DDF. This location would fall in to what is referred to as Low Density Flex.

Low Density Flex:
    Development can flex between residential or commercial, integrates with existing low story structures.
    Any residential or commercial use, single use or mixed use
    2-3 stories

4. Default Re: Villa Teresa

AH, when I was looking at the map I kept thinking it was actually in the triangle area to the southeast (Midtown Plaza) labeled as Medium Density Flex.

Blog Entries

Am I correct that if we were able to preserve plot #8 we'd be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    The reality is that with the price the want (maybe need) to get from this property. Keeping/reusing the existing buildings is very likely not economically feasible

This is also a suburban site layout.

A massive multi story mixed use project of resedential and commercial with structures parking would be a much better fit in midtown and would be a better result for Okc
    How is it suburban? Don't you like that?

Have you seen a structural report?

Why couldn't the complex be "resedential"

What is the right fit for "Midtown," a historic district after all?

What was the last historic bldg you stood up for? Ever?

Let's infill the rest of the vacant lots in Midtown and then have a conversation about demolishing historic properties.

It's a historic district and Nelson himself has been a big beneficiary of another of Midtown's unique historic spaces.

The reality is that with the price the want (maybe need) to get from this property. Keeping/reusing the existing buildings is very likely not economically feasible

This is also a suburban site layout.

A massive multi story mixed use project of resedential and commercial with structures parking would be a much better fit in midtown and would be a better result for Okc
    I think that's exactly what's going on here. I'm no expert about any of it, but if the sisters are depending on the revenue from this sale for their own support, surely the ones who invested the time *in* the buildings that are so historic are *at least* as important as the buildings themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by krisb View Post
    Let's infill the rest of the vacant lots in Midtown and then have a conversation about demolishing historic properties.
    This. If Midtown was built out this might be a little more understandable, but there are so many vacant lots where they could build housing and retail.

^^^^

12. Default Re: Villa Teresa

^Can you list the vacant lots in midtown that aren't already owned by someone who has plans for them down the line? I'm not sure that there are a lot of those left anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    It's a historic district and Nelson himself has been a big beneficiary of another of Midtown's unique historic spaces.
    Not that I know him personally, but needlessly tearing down historical structures is not Elliot's MO. Its a bit puzzling to me that they are about to start now. It feels the whole "not ruling out demo" thing is a CYA move more than anything, most likely that they don't have anything 100% firm.

The following is only about the possible development of this property. Not about the possible demo (I will leave that to others)

I wanted to clear up a couple of things that have been presented that are either not accurate or are lacking context.

1 Steve today said villa Teresa "ajoins the historic HH and Mesta park neighborhoods". This is simple not true.

Mesta doesn't start until the north have of the block between 16th and 15th

And HH ends on north half of the 13th 14th block. The south have of that block fronting 13th is a commercial corridor.

So HH is not ajoin this property. Second. Less then 1/6 of the Vila property fronts 13tg. The remainder fronts Dewey (actually adjoining a 240 unit apt project the edge along with commercial that HH prostrated) or classen dr which is commercial (some multi story ). Or is directly south of an under construction 4 story multi family building (that HH also protested)

In the development framework this area is clearly not coded correctly (likely because of the existing Vila Theresa). On this block approved recently are 4 story multi family and 4 story office and it is directly ajoins multi story large scale housing.

Now I get the argument that we should keep Vila But don't let anyone fool you in to thinking that if it is torn down that only 2 story low density is approiote

15. Default Re: Villa Teresa

In the development framework this area is clearly not coded correctly (likely because of the existing Vila Theresa). On this block approved recently are 4 story multi family and 4 story office and it is directly ajoins multi story large scale housing.

Now I get the argument that we should keep Vila But don't let anyone fool you in to thinking that if it is torn down that only 2 story low density is approiote
    This might be the only thing we agree on. When I was looking at the framework, I thought it was incorrectly coded based on what is surrounding it. I don't believe the low density flex is appropriate for that area.

The following is only about the possible development of this property. Not about the possible demo (I will leave that to others)

I wanted to clear up a couple of things that have been presented that are either not accurate or are lacking context.

1 Steve today said villa Teresa "ajoins the historic HH and Mesta park neighborhoods". This is simple not true.

Mesta doesn't start until the north have of the block between 16th and 15th

And HH ends on north half of the 13th 14th block. The south have of that block fronting 13th is a commercial corridor.

So HH is not ajoin this property. Second. Less then 1/6 of the Vila property fronts 13tg. The remainder fronts Dewey (actually adjoining a 240 unit apt project the edge along with commercial that HH prostrated) or classen dr which is commercial (some multi story ). Or is directly south of an under construction 4 story multi family building (that HH also protested)

Hope they didn't go too deep ! That darn auto-correct....lol

Alright…Are they buying just lots 7 and 8, or are they buying lots 7 through 14?

At the end of the day, this block is NEVER going to be super dense because of where the church is and how it sits on the lot.

If lots 9 and 10 are purchased in conjunction they can just rezone the lots so that they're all part of one big parcel and build right up next to the historic structure.

Elliott Nelson posted this on social media:

Lackmeyer is standing by his tweet. This is interesting.

Up is down.

Yea steve is being pretty aggressive on this.

I don't want to see the buildings torn down so I am glad he is doing this.

would love to see another school take over the space.

If that school wanted it so badly and had the money to buy it, why didn't they step up and do it?

That property has been for sale for quite a while.

23. Default Re: Villa Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    ^Can you list the vacant lots in midtown that aren't already owned by someone who has plans for them down the line? I'm not sure that there are a lot of those left anymore...
    That's what I want to know as well. How many of those vacant lots are for sale? Developers can't infill if they can't obtain the property. Villa Teresa is for sale, thus the opportunity to develop in a booming neighborhood. I'm sure the developers would much rather buy a vacant lot to develop if they could.

Thread Information