Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Not sure about that BS. I'm pretty sure that line is the same color as the basketball..."red-orange". Which means orange, for shirt blank purposes.

This. Calling it mid-way between red/orange or crimson/orange or whatever fluff bit they used at the time was simply marketing 101 ... likely designed to kindly aid those in the fan base who might need some hand holding while they got parts of their minds pigeon holed for collegiate loyalties while incorporating a totally different sports environment into their psyche.

For the most part it seems to have worked well. For those who dinna need their hands held, it seemed to be much ado about nuttin'

of course OU fans WANT SO BADLY to see red in the logo.. it doesn't exist.. and the orange doesn't mean there is some OSU tie.. it is the THUNDER LOGO stop trying to make it something else.. and it has orange in it and doesn't have red.. which had NOTHING to do with ANYTHING other than just being orange in the Logo..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    of course OU fans WANT SO BADLY to see red in the logo.. it doesn't exist.. and the orange doesn't mean there is some OSU tie.. it is the THUNDER LOGO stop trying to make it something else.. and it has orange in it and doesn't have red.. which had NOTHING to do with ANYTHING other than just being orange in the Logo..lol
    If I remember correctly, it has NOTHING to do with the logo, but the small pinstrips on the jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    If I remember correctly, it has NOTHING to do with the logo, but the small pinstrips on the jersey.
    you mean the orange and yellow pinstripes? again, still have yet to see red anywhere

5. Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    As an OU fan, I have no problem wearing orange to Thunder games and would love for a game or two to feature a sea of orange. It's a great way to reappropriate the color, so that it is less offensive. ; )
    As an OU fan, I haven't worn orange in 30 years and won't start for a Thunder game. Stick with blue or white.

6. Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

Although I got my law degree from OU, my undergrad degree is from OSU. As an OSU grad & fan, I think that a showing of any collegiate academic colors would be in extremely bad and divisive form. It should never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    As an OU fan, I have no problem wearing orange to Thunder games and would love for a game or two to feature a sea of orange. It's a great way to reappropriate the color, so that it is less offensive. ; )
    As someone who went to Norman High School (Orange and Black) and OU (Red and White) I wouldn't have a problem with it but I think the other options are better.

who knew wearing a certain color would be such a big deal to some people. its laughable

who knew wearing a certain color would be such a big deal to some people. its laughable
    Bordering on childish.

Couldn't let DoubleEdge win the award for silliest argument of the month you know.

11. Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Although I got my law degree from OU, my undergrad degree is from OSU. As an OSU grad & fan, I think that a showing of any collegiate academic colors would be in extremely bad and divisive form. It should never happen.
    That's my feeling too. Not that I won't happily sell the orange shirts to whoever is buying, but when I've been told by folks that they're specifically buying orange to show their OSU pride in the arena and to stand out from the other Thunder fans, it struck me that they were missing the point of everything that Thunder basketball has stood for to date.

That's my feeling too. Not that I won't happily sell the orange shirts to whoever is buying, but when I've been told by folks that they're specifically buying orange to show their OSU pride in the arena and to stand out from the other Thunder fans, it struck me that they were missing the point of everything that Thunder basketball has stood for to date.
    I have worn an Orange Shirt to the Thunder games. It has nothing to do with showing OSU pride. it clearly says THUNDER on it.. its a cool shirt and different than every other Thunder shirt.. tying a Thunder shirt to OSU or OU or any team other than THUNDER is silly. I guess I just don't get it. That a THUNDER shirt that happens to be orange or whatever color would be some contraversy tied to Collegiant sports.. silly

I guess it's better than the goofballs who wear all OU or OSU to a thunder game. I get so annoyed by that for some reason. I always want to ask, did OU/OSU play today?
    But most of this is absurd. For OU fans to refuse to wear orange and OSU fans that refuse to wear red...well like someone said, that seems childish.

14. Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

I have two degrees from OU, and I own several orange shirts. It means nothing. I think an Orange out would be cool and was really surprised when some of my friends who are OU fans said they wouldn't wear it because it was orange. Seems silly to me. It's a color, not a statement.

15. Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

I agree with all of the above, yet the fact remains that a large number of the population would refuse to wear it, so why do it at all?

OU fans are between 65%- and 80% of the state ... many of them hate the color orange ....

ALL of my OU friends would NEVER, under any circumstances wear orange. Call it childish if you want, or anything else derogatory. That is how it is and it isn't changing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    I have two degrees from OU, and I own several orange shirts. It means nothing. I think an Orange out would be cool and was really surprised when some of my friends who are OU fans said they wouldn't wear it because it was orange. Seems silly to me. It's a color, not a statement.
    You are clearly a rational human being. thank you for that.
    you have to take into consideration I suppose that a majority of Die hard OU fans didn't even attend but wont wear orange. go figure

When did OU/OSU fans become the Bloods and Crips?

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    When did OU/OSU fans become the Bloods and Crips?
    quite some time ago.... i ran into this issue this morning by trying to get one of my friends who got undergrad and masters at OSU, to come to the Norman Music Festival this evening, and he flat out said, "I've never been to Norman, never will go to Norman." It immediately made me think of where this thread was going... just plain ignorance for fans of either school that feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    quite some time ago.... i ran into this issue this morning by trying to get one of my friends who got undergrad and masters at OSU, to come to the Norman Music Festival this evening, and he flat out said, "I've never been to Norman, never will go to Norman." It immediately made me think of where this thread was going... just plain ignorance for fans of either school that feel this way.
    My brother in laws girl friend refused to go to the U2 concert because it was in Norman.............kind of stupid, huh ?

I know, If orange is apart of the Thunder colors then whats the big deal. If they didnt want OU or OSU fans to have a problem with wearing the orange thunder shirts then whats the point of even adding orange to their color scheme?

My Family and Consumer Science teacher is a graduate of OU along her husband and two kids, she has said numerous time, that they will NEVER wear anything orange. I think 90% of OU fans feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    I know, If orange is apart of the Thunder colors then whats the big deal. If they didnt want OU or OSU fans to have a problem with wearing the orange thunder shirts then whats the point of even adding orange to their color scheme?
    perhaps they just thought they wanted a basketball to be part of the logo.. ( since they do play basketball after all ) and so Orange made sense as a color for a basketball and meshed well with the other colors.. seems like a logical process to determining a logo and color scheme.. didn't cross thier minds that it would be such a stupid controversy to some people..lol

Orange is the complementary color for blue on a color wheel and they are usually found together.

Thread Information