Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    it still sucks to lose to Cleveland, AT HOME.

I love my hometown and absolutely love the THUNDER, but I get so sick and tired of the team not being consistent. To me, it just fuels the fire of the talking heads who already consistently try to AVOID anything positive about OKC and/or the Thunder. They are always quick to tout off 'chicago or miami' being the best in the NBA, best record in the NBA, and their games (along with those of Boston and LA). But when OKC actually IS the best or HAD the best home record, well - that didn't get a mention or if it did it was a secondary thought during the middle of a game (not before). Also, I noticed they are rather reluctant to promote OKC games (case in point, Monday's Dallas game didn't show up on the Friday, Saturday, nor Sunday NBA televised banner that they like to put up to showcase games of the week).

While I get sick of the talking heads and the behaviour of national broadcasters generally against OKC, our team (and to some degree, city) don't help the situation. If OKC would win consistently (and particularly, beat the teams we are supposed to instead of coming to the game lacking interest), then OKC would have the best record by far, the best home and away records, and that would FORCE the media to not only discuss OKC in a positive light but they would be forced to promote the best team (and not say anything particularly bad about it in the process. ...). Again, it seems as we shoot ourself in the foot and HELP them avoid OKC.

I wish Brooks and Co would have OKC living up to their potential. They are one of the youngest, fresh teams and now have playoff experience to win close games. Work on correcting the mistakes, as I have yet to see a 'perfectly played OKC game' this year. OKC wins, when one of Durant, Westbrook, or Harden has a big night. We don't win due to an offensive strategy (like triangle, pick-n-roll, or whatever half court offense), we win because the guy on isolation has a big night. In this regard, BARF-ley is correct and it is difficult to hear this when OKC has the best record (and has consistently been in at least the top 3 all season).

There was NO REASON for OKC to lose against CLE. They had a day off before, and were HOME. KD was disappointed, but channel that into getting a real offense!!! How about working a seamless offense where people rotate, we work the clock, and we move the ball inside and out, to try to get a good looking shot. Take the shot and get ready for the offensive board and PUTBACK!!! This is what Brooks should be coaching, instead of KD,Westbrook,Harden isolation plays while Perkins stands miles away looking all pissed and can't get a rebound or shoot the damn ball. .... I get so sick of the 'chunk it up and hope it goes in' jumpers that OKC does, play some darn ball.. ... Otherwise, I don't see us legitimately getting past Chicago or Miami, which is a darn shame since OKC really is the best team in the NBA.

you guys are making $ now, and Im so sick of our mistakes proving the idiot talking heads right. sorry for the rant, but I think it needed to be said. ...
    HR,
    Some of what you say, I agree with like relying on outside shooting, not real offensive philosohpy,however the fact that the national media is not all over our jock is not troublesome to me, at least not yet. Boston, Miami, Chicago, LA have all WON championships and have a legacy of winning. Except for Miami all have won multiple championships, and have earned the respect of the league. We are up and coming but we have only won 1 div title, haven't won any championships or even the conference> the regular season is great, but in the NBA what is done in the playoffs cements a teams lasting legacy

... To me, it just fuels the fire of the talking heads who already consistently try to AVOID anything positive about OKC and/or the Thunder. ...
    While I get sick of the talking heads and the behaviour of national broadcasters generally against OKC, our team (and to some degree, city) don't help the situation.
    The only thing you can expect the 'Talking Heads' to ever be kind to is large media markets. To the national broadcasters we are the least important audience in the league for them to packaging their product for.

3. Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

I agree, but in all fairness - those championship teams from before are not the same Boston, Miami, Chicago, and LA that we have today. Yet the media are all over their jock at the expense of OKC. Even Dallas is complaining.

As I said, we don't help ourselves with our ONLY offense - isolation for the guy with the hot hand, who chunks up a prayer all of the time. Again, I prefer this methodology to be a last resort offense when the opposing team has diffused our NORMAL standard offensive rotation. Instead, OKC is depending on the talent way too much and letting coaching (hence offense/defense rotation) off the hook. OKC wins because we have by far the best talented team in the NBA - this is something the talking heads should be saying and OKC should be getting press for it. But instead, we get negatives because we DONT have an offense AND we are inconsisten with our isolation/hot hand; and rightfully so (as nobody could expect even Michael Jordan to show up every game; even though he did. ...)

I think we need to pressure Brooks and Co to implement a standard rotation for offense (and defense) that is the staple of our game. If that breaks down or is diffused by the competition, THEN we break out into the isolation and find the hot hand. THAT is a championship team regardless of talent, but if OKC implemented it then we would be certain to win multiple titles without having our talent tired and/or hurt.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

4. Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

I dont buy the large market argument, as the heads love Portland, Sacramento, Denver, and Indiana. AND memphis.

Nope, I chalk it up to OKC not living to our potential of effeciently using our talent and relying on isolation; thereby being inconsistent and therefore losing to teams we shouldn't (see 5 losses we've had so far).

5. Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

Lack of focus. The young guys are still growing up...rapidly. Discover another gear, then learn how to use it. They should be something like 35-5. When you're at the top, they love to find your weaknesses and tear your down.

6. Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

I agree citizen, Im just saying WE as a team/city can get the offensive/coaching focus that memphis/denver seem to have - and would them be HUGELY successful so much that the talking heads would have NO CHOICE but to tout OKC instead of finding a way to 'dismiss' us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Also for the Barons...

Wonder what Devon Tower will do? Perhaps fire up the LED lights??
    Let one of those two guys who parachuted off the tower dress up in the Rumble outfit and have them do it again. LOL

Does anyone in here realize that we are pretty much in a tie for the best winning percentage in the NBA? What consistency are you tallking about?!? Thunder fans are already turning into OU football fans... never happy.

(And trust me, I know the Thunder has some flaws, but there are so many ridiculous comments above...)

I agree citizen, Im just saying WE as a team/city can get the offensive/coaching focus that memphis/denver seem to have - and would them be HUGELY successful so much that the talking heads would have NO CHOICE but to tout OKC instead of finding a way to 'dismiss' us.
    WOW. Do you even follow the NBA?!? The biggest problems with these two teams IS THEIR LACK OF CONSISTENCY (look at their records). STEP. AWAY. FROM. THE. KEYBOARD.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Let one of those two guys who parachuted off the tower dress up in the Rumble outfit and have them do it again. LOL
    +100

Wow. Can we keep this back to DT businesses supporting the team for playoffs and keep the on court drama in the sports section?

Hot Rod: Are you an OSU or OU fan?

13. Default Re: DT Getting Ready for NBA Playoffs

haha lol. Im a diehard OU fan.

I don't get the complaints about the team. no team wins them all and we still have a great season and record going so why complain.. as far as other teams getting more coverage a lot of that has to do with BRAND. Those teams have built a brand with history behind it. We are still a new brand but up and coming and it takes some time. regardless of our record we wont get the instant respect because of our lack of brand recognition.

Isn't one of the reasons playoffs are a played in a series is because teams are rarely consistent? Maybe I'm way off base here.

I'll settle for a little bit of inconsistency rather than having a team at their peak if it means I can look forward to an even better team next year. Once your at your peak there's nowhere else to go but down. lol

Good lord. This thread has gotten off topic.

Pressure Scoot Brooks into seeing the rotation you want to see? Seriously?

This is the NBA. ANYBODY can win. That Cleveland team has gone into Denver, OKC & Houston and won in the last week. Relax man. We are at the top of the NBA.

All that being said I like the stuff they are doing downtown

I have always fantasized about the Devon tower saying "Lets Go Thunder" in blue LED lighting across the top lol but thats impossible. But I really would louve to see the Chase tower with a banner similer to the Oklahoma tower

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    I have always fantasized about the Devon tower saying "Lets Go Thunder" in blue LED lighting across the top lol but thats impossible. But I really would louve to see the Chase tower with a banner similer to the Oklahoma tower
    Why is that impossible? It is my understanding that it will be able to stuff like that on the crowns. No?

haha lol. Im a diehard OU fan.
    This explains it.

OU fans are the most spoiled fanbase in the country. They've completely dominated the Big 12 (in football) since 2000 and yet their fans still complain about everything. This sucks because now we have to put up with those fans cheering for the Thunder too. Just relax. We have the best or second best record in the league. Also, it's basketball. Upsets happen. A lot actually (March Madness anyone?). There's a reason you play a series instead of just one game in the playoffs.

Also, we don't have our best defensive player (Sefolosha) and our back up point guard is out for the season. I'm surprised we still have one of the best records in the league with these two guys out.

If fans are complaining now...... good lord. It is going to be miserable putting up with these kinds of fans whenever Durant, Westbrook, etc aren't here anymore and we're under .500 and not going to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Not impossible at all. pretty probable actually. The LED systems in buildings these days are able to scroll messages and graphics. two different buildings in Downtown Dallas do this for Mavs Games. So cross your fingers.

it would be cool if Sandridge Tower or Chase Tower did some banners with images of the players, like this:

I don't think we should put banners of Clippers players on our buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    ha ha ...

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post

2 of those 3 played home games in Oklahoma City.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    2 of those 3 played home games in Oklahoma City.
    only 1 of the 3 ever played a HOME game in OKC

Thread Information