Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restaurant being built by Chili's is called Strawberry Lake

Default Re: Restaurant being built by Chili's is called Strawberry Lake

Sorry to hear this. I guess it sucked another one down into the lake.

I was eating at the Chili's for lunch and one of the staff was discussing this building with some customers. She was telling them the Chili's is moving next month to a new location at University North Park which I had known about due to seeing the plans. However she said the Strawberry Lake property and the old Chili's site are going to be demolition to make way for what she was told to be hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    I was eating at the Chili's for lunch and one of the staff was discussing this building with some customers. She was telling them the Chili's is moving next month to a new location at University North Park which I had known about due to seeing the plans. However she said the Strawberry Lake property and the old Chili's site are going to be demolition to make way for what she was told to be hotels.
    Wow, that's kind of a bummer for that restauarant-perpetually-under-construction. I mean, I had no stake in it other than that of a curious onlooker like the rest of us, but the novelty of the building would have been interesting to see completed. Now it'll never happen - and it sounds like it's going to be razed. Shame.

Yes, sorry to hear this. I like the way the building looks and was looking forward to checking it out.

So much money and resources on a project that yielded ZERO revenue. I know construction workers were just happy to have a job, but you have to think they feel just a little sad that the building they built will never be used.

6. Default Re: Restaurant being built by Chili's is called Strawberry Lake

That area has been hit hard by new development at the University North Park.

Sounds like they are just trying to salvage it and get some new business there.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    That area has been hit hard by new development at the University North Park.

Sounds like they are just trying to salvage it and get some new business there.
    Pretty much. They got to do something or that area is just going to become even more blighted. It's been on the edge for awhile now. I sure hope they get it revitalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Both of these properties have realtor signs in front of them. The realtors are not from the same outfit.

Thread Information