Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1260

Thread: Steelyard

Default Re: Steelyard

Any news on phase 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Any news on phase 2?
    Brooks is busy with First National and I don't think this will be happening any time soon.

Looks like Andrew Black (Grey Sweater) is planning a new place in the Steelyard:

Blog Entries

Nice

They are getting ready to start on Phase II on the vacant lot directly east:

Construct six story apartment building (Steelyard, Phase II) with structured parking at the first two floors; 2) Install various resident amenities (patios, BBQ's, fire pits, outdoor seating, planters, string lighting, trellis, bar seating, and screen wall with TV) at two outdoor decking areas; 3) Install landscaping; and 4) Install street trees

Nice! This will really help change the feel in the area. Once the lot to the south gets developed that’ll really go a long ways.

With a layer of structured parking and then the 5-levels of apartment units, will Phase II end up being a bit taller than Phase I?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    With a layer of structured parking and then the 5-levels of apartment units, will Phase II end up being a bit taller than Phase I?
    Yes, at least 1 level taller.

Any clue as to the occupancy % in phase 1?

Blog Entries

Came here to ask that. I was surprised to see they needed to start the next phase already.

They stay very full according to apartment surveys and people I know who live there.

Really, all the downtown complexes have high occupancy rates.

Was Phase II of this on the list of downtown housing projects that was expected to be starting soon, or is this a bit of a surprise?

Sweet. Hard to believe it has been 10 years since the initial proposal. How the time flies.

Good to see with this being the east gateway to Bricktown

Don't want to create a new thread, but hopefully this spurs on the removal of that parking lot across the street at the hotel, so something can be built there.

Phase II will be constructed on the vacant lot immediately south of the fire station:

Sheridan has a very impressive street wall.

This photo really accentuates the progress we've made creating better urban density, especially in this East of Broadway zone. Phase Two of Steelyard is going to be excellent, really need the housing project to the North to pick up the pace or create a new plan for the rest of that area.. Also, in this pic where the old railroad line is, I've always wanted to see that turned into some sort of urban park maybe with raised walking trails, dog park, etc. Pete it would be neat to get some high angled drone shots around downtown and then edit with arrows/names to show which recent >10 year projects there are. There are so so many...

Such a striking image. 20 years ago I had just moved into the Deep Deuce. The only thing that was there in the foreground was the Hampton Inn. Nothing else. And nothing else north of the railroad tracks except Deep Deuce, which you had to walk through weed-infested lots to get to. Such an impressive change in our city.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryor Tiger View Post
    This photo really accentuates the progress we've made creating better urban density, especially in this East of Broadway zone. Phase Two of Steelyard is going to be excellent, really need the housing project to the North to pick up the pace or create a new plan for the rest of that area.. Also, in this pic where the old railroad line is, I've always wanted to see that turned into some sort of urban park maybe with raised walking trails, dog park, etc. Pete it would be neat to get some high angled drone shots around downtown and then edit with arrows/names to show which recent >10 year projects there are. There are so so many...
    I've had the same idea, especially with how awkward the location is and the shape of the open space. It would be greatly used by the growing number of residents in the area. There's always lots of street activity in the afternoons once people are off work. A park would encourage even more activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryor Tiger View Post
    This photo really accentuates the progress we've made creating better urban density ... Pete it would be neat to get some high angled drone shots around downtown and then edit with arrows/names to show which recent >10 year projects there are. There are so so many...
    I started a thread a few years back showing the streetview from before compared to current time. Vacant lots had become filled with apartments and mixed use space. The difference is striking. I don't remember what I named the thread though. I expected others to add to it in ways that would show how much has changed in the last 10 or 15 years. But I think that thread kinda died.

There was a pretty substantial retail component to phase I wasn't there? I know/respect that Gary Brooks and team is slow to find the correct tenants for those spaces in their complexes, and was obviously busy with First National, but hopefully there can be some progress on that front as phase II gets going.

It hasn't helped that the Criterion was not very busy, even before the pandemic.

They seem to have it rolling now.

Also, there is still a huge empty field to the south after Mazaheri pulled out of that ambitious multi-hotel plan.

And really, that massive Cowboy Ranch property only draws people on late weekend nights, and somebody just got shot in the face of their parking lot in a big brawl at 2:15 last Sunday morning.

As Bricktown fills in with better projects and uses, it should start to shift away from this sort of ugliness.

I posted in the Culprits thread I had dinner and drinks with an out-of-town friend and it was a great experience and setting. We need more of that and less of the $2 Bud Light 'clubs'.

They've filed their building permit application for Phase II.

Hopefully they'll be starting soon.

Thread Information