|sq. feet=45,540
    |acerage=.62
    |other=
    |
    |image=
    |
    [/template]
    Information & Latest News

2/29/12 $200K building permit to renovate the ground floor.
    Links

County Assessor Record
    Gallery

Last edited by Pete; 03-19-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Default Re: 5 NE 12th

I am SO happy. Every time I drive by I think about what a great renovation that building could be. With the train noise, though, I wonder what its purpose will be.

It says office/warehouse so definitely not living units -- at least not for now.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I am SO happy. Every time I drive by I think about what a great renovation that building could be. With the train noise, though, I wonder what its purpose will be.
    You say that like you have no confidence that we will have a quiet zone soon...

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisJ View Post
    Do you think we will??

I'd like to think we will have a quiet zone soon, but I haven't really seen anything to give me confidence that will happen. And I think it's a terrible shame, as I believe we would either have a lot more downtown housing, or at least more people living downtown if we had a quiet zone. The city, clearly, has chosen to put money into other things. Like moving statues and paying for storage

It was purchased by BMI/Imagenet. We are moving our service and parts departments along with the warehouse and wholesale division to this building. Once the move is made Digital Media Warehouse will be moving from 914 to 913 N. Broadway. I am not sure what happens with the empty space at 914. A couple years ago there was talk of a restaurant but now I think one of the tenants on the 2nd floor wants to expand.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonero View Post
    It was purchased by BMI/Imagenet. We are moving our service and parts departments along with the warehouse and wholesale division to this building. Once the move is made Digital Media Warehouse will be moving from 914 to 913 N. Broadway. I am not sure what happens with the empty space at 914. A couple years ago there was talk of a restaurant but now I think one of the tenants on the 2nd floor wants to expand.
    thanks for the info

Awesome deal. This is the old Bond Bakery building. A major KC-based redeveloper (the same guy who did the Aldridge Hotel in Shawnee and the amazing Cold Storage Lofts in KC's Xroads district) wanted to do this project, but our legislature scared him away is my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    Do you think we will??
    I guess its hard to express sarcasm on the internet.

To answer your question, yes I do, just not anytime soon and not if we are relying on the city to take the lead.

I guess its hard to express sarcasm on the internet.

To answer your question, yes I do, just not anytime soon and not if we are relying on the city to take the lead.
    My fault. I agree, it'll get done, just not anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    ... The city, clearly, has chosen to put money into other things. Like moving statues and paying for storage
    Is betts related to NCIS's Gibbs? #wicked-headslap.

So will ImageNet be retaining everyone's mostest-favorite architect for this project as well?

It doesn't matter if there is a quiet zone or not. Conductors will still blow their whistle regardless. Fine or no fine from the city, they will blow their whistle. It's gonna happen and there is nothing an ordinance will do to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    so will imagenet be retaining everyone's mostest-favorite architect for this project as well?
    lol.

My neighbor used to work for Rock Island in El Reno and other railroads for over 40 years. He said conductors really don't know if a place is a quiet zone or not unless they are told and even then they don't really care. He said they blow if they want to and even if their supervisor tells them not to they stop for awhile but start back up. And even with a supervisor on them they were always able to say "there was a vehicle crossing the tracks".

So I guess I should have said it really depends on the conductor. But quiet zone or not there will still be the noise from the 2-ton wheels rolling on the tracks. A quiet zone will not or cannot change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    So will ImageNet be retaining everyone's mostest-favorite architect for this project as well?
    I believe HSE is doing it. I know they were involved last year when we had plans on moving to the old Sears warehouse on N. Walnut.

Thread Information