Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nic's Grill

Northwest OKC Nic's Grill

Located at 11th and Penn on the West side of Penn. Hole in the wall place with 3 tables and 8 counter seats. Sit at the counter if you can. THE best breakfast for the price in town. Nic does all the cooking and you watch him cook it. He turns to you and asks questions like: "how do those eggs look? and you want a little more burn on those hash browns? He always has a smile on his face and works hard to make your food just the way you like it.
    Also, he has THE best burger in town. Same thing, you tell him and watch him cook it. He shows you the meat and asks how you want your curly fries done. Just can't beat it. He has specials every day and they are always fantastic. I will buy your burger if you can eat the double with fries. I've watched some big boys try it and they can't do it. No checks, he remembers what you had and quotes the price with tax from memory. He always thanks you for coming in and tells you to come back. As long as Nic is there, I will. Give it a try.

Default Re: Nic's Grill

Is the restaurant open on the weekends? We usually go to the Classen Grill on Saturdays, but I'm always up to try something different. Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Is the restaurant open on the weekends? We usually go to the Classen Grill on Saturdays, but I'm always up to try something different. Sounds great.
    Yes, he is open on Saturday. At times there can be a wait. I just sit in the car and Nic waves me in when a stool comes open. Hope you try it.

I agree it is probably the best burger I have had in OKC hands down. I had no idea he offered a double. I have a healthy appetite and there would be NO CHANCE of me eating a double I struggle with the single at times. Oh yea not sure where he gets them but the jalapenos he uses are some of the hottest I have ever had with a fantastic taste.

Quote Originally Posted by dalelakin View Post
    I agree it is probably the best burger I have had in OKC hands down. I had no idea he offered a double. I have a healthy appetite and there would be NO CHANCE of me eating a double I struggle with the single at times. Oh yea not sure where he gets them but the jalapenos he uses are some of the hottest I have ever had with a fantastic taste.
    Knowing Nic he probably grows them himself. He lives right behind the grill to the West. Glad you enjoy this undiscovered piece of paradise.

I'm thinking this place deserves a try, and soon. I presume this is NW 1tth and Penn rather than SW 11th and Penn?

Yes NW, tiny tan building on the west side of Penn.

8. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Man, those burgers are the best! Be sure you're hungry, though!

Nice...I'll have to try it.

Default Nic's

Okay, with all the talk about Nic's, please tell more about it, where it is and reviews of the place. I've lived here almost my entire life and am a foodie but haven't heard of this place.

Default Re: Nic's

I've heard great things about Nic's. It's a tiny little building next to the guy's house on 11th and Penn. I hear it seats about 15, and the burgers are supposed to be the best in town. I was going to try it out for lunch last week, but when we showed up it was closed. Nic was outside, so we inquired about it... Seems some epileptic woman drove her car up into his lawn and busted his gas line to the restaurant. Hopefully it's fixed by now.

Oh, well in that case I do know about Nic's but have yet to eat there. Heard nothing but excellent though.

Tried to go for the first time yesterday, but it was closed. Hope to try again soon.

Nic's is great. There are, however, different genres of burgers. Nic's is great because the burgers are huge, and they've mastered the greasy burger style. Buttered grilled buns. 10 burgers grilling in front of you, You smell like Nic's when you leave, catch my drift? Like I said, Nic's is great. But don't go expecting Irma's. Its different. I guess think of it like the ultimate diner burger, and bring cash.

16. Default Re: Nic's

Haven't been there in awhile - but yes, it is VERY tasty. Fun, odd, LITTLE place in a rough part of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    Tried to go for the first time yesterday, but it was closed. Hope to try again soon.
    He is not always open, but for the most part if you are there on weekdays before 1 pm you are OK.

I think his sign says 2 pm closing, but when he gets tired or runs out of food he will turn the sign around.

Great hamburgers. His other stuff looks good too. But I cant get away from the burgers.

Nic's was brought up in a conversation today, and the person I was speaking with said the omlettes are the best on the planet.

I'm anxious to try it.

Nic's is awesome, but I can only do it once every three months. This cannot be stressed enough: seating is limited! And if anyone watches "My Name Is Earl"...Crabman works at Nic's!

Quote Originally Posted by BailJumper View Post
    Haven't been there in awhile - but yes, it is VERY tasty. Fun, odd, LITTLE place in a rough part of the city.
    rough part of the city? must be from edmond.

21. Default Re: Nic's

rough part of the city? must be from edmond.
    You're kidding right? The 10-Penn area is VERY crime infested. Not an opinion - a fact.

FYI - ate lunch there the other day with some associates. Nic is still manning the grill and the burgers are still so big you need a fork. I'm going back next Friday for the meatloaf special.

22. Default Re: Nic's

I really want to try this place. It's on my UrbanSpoon wish list.

I wish I could agree. I really wanted to experience a good burger from Nics. But.. too greasy for me.

24. Default Re: Nic's

I wish I could agree. I really wanted to experience a good burger from Nics. But.. too greasy for me.
    It's an onion burger place. Who ever heard of a good dry onion burger?

Quote Originally Posted by angel27 View Post
    Did you get it to go?

I have made that mistake, it is not made to carry out and if you don't plan to eat there I would recommend saving your money as it will not be very desirable IMO.

Thread Information