Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Louie's

Default Re: Louie's coming to Edmond

any confirmation on smoking area?

There's no smoking area at the new West Edmond location.

The entire rest. is non smoking. They have a small room that can be closed off for private parties.

However, watch what you order at the bar. I noticed the glasses they were using for draft beer appeared to be small. They are slightly shorter and have a rounded bottom similar to a wine bottle. This is a glass that many bars across the country are using to scam the customer out of a few ounces. When I asked they said they were sixteen ounce draws. I poored a twelve ounce beer into one of the glasses and it almost filled it to the top. I'm not sure if other Louise's are using this same glass. Obviously not a huge deal. I just don't like feeling like i'm being taken advantage of by the restaurant.

Earl, you don'e need the extra four ounces any way!

5. Midtown Louies

[template=]
    development
    |category1=
    |category2=
    |category3=
    |category4=
    |
    |project=
    |address=
    |status=
    |owner=
    |cost=
    |architect=
    |start=
    |finish=
    |contractor=
    |height=
    |sq. feet=
    |acerage=
    |other=
    |
    |image=
    |
    [/template]

Description

Enter description here.
    Latest News

Enter latest news here.
    Milestones

Links

Gallery

Saw this on the door of the former Midtown Deli yesterday when we went to eat lunch at 1492.

Last edited by Pete; 03-19-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Default Louie's Midtown

I tried out the new Louie's on Walker today. Went to happy hour from about 4:30 to 7. Of course the food is basically the same as other Louie's. I like the pizza and had that. I was impressed with the atmosphere and the staff was very attentive and friendly. I think it fits in well in that area and should be very successful.

Default Re: Louie's Midtown

I live right by it and have been there several times. The staff is really going above and beyond to create a good environment. The food is good, not great. I think their best item is the pizza. Amazing beer specials though. Their happy hour is every day of the week from 4-7pm I think. Good place to watch a game or meet friends. I think it will do well long term. I recommend stopping by if you haven't done so yet...

Default Construction west of Louies@Edmond Road & Western?

Does anyone have insight as to what is going on at the above mentioned location?

Default Re: Construction west of Louies@Edmond Road & Western?

With my limited knowledge of how it actually works, I checked the County Assessor's website and didn't see anything. If anyone else had any info on this location I'd be interested to know.

Possibly is this the site of the new Upper Crust???

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBeerMan View Post
    Possibly is this the site of the new Upper Crust???
    Yep! It is!

12. Default Re: Construction west of Louies@Edmond Road & Western?

Sorry for the minor hijack, but does anyone know why the Louies on Western in Nichols Hills closed?

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Sorry for the minor hijack, but does anyone know why the Louies on Western in Nichols Hills closed?
    Oversaturation, average food, not a noticable location?

Default Louie's Closed at 72nd & N. Western

The sign on the door says that they're "relocating" to I-40 & Sooner Road, about 10 miles away. With all of their "relocations," it appears that they're not very good at site selection. What makes I-40 & Sooner the right location for them when their others are at East Wharf, I-40 & Meridian, and 91st & S. Western?

Or asked differently, what was it about 72nd & Western and Midtown that made them the wrong locations?

Default Re: Louie's Closed at 72nd & N. Western

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    The sign on the door says that they're "relocating" to I-40 & Sooner Road, about 10 miles away. With all of their "relocations," it appears that they're not very good at site selection. What makes I-40 & Sooner the right location for them when their others are at East Wharf, I-40 & Meridian, and 91st & S. Western?

Or asked differently, what was it about 72nd & Western and Midtown that made them the wrong locations?
    why is midtown the "wrong" location?? it is busy all the time

From what we were told by an employee that was moved to the Edmond location after the Nichols Hills location closed, was that they closed because they did not have enough business after lunch to justify keeping it open. Big lunch crowds can not keep a location open that needs dinner traffic as well.

Because they have over saturated the market. Oh, and the food is average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    why is midtown the "wrong" location?? it is busy all the time
    I assumed that Midtown was closed because neither it nor the 72nd & Western locations are shown on Google Maps. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Because they have over saturated the market.
    Yes, the Western location was only 3 miles from the one on Lake Hefner and only about four from Midtown.

Plus, NW Expressway, I-40 & Meridian and Edmond.

That's a lot of locations for this type of concept.

Now, this could be entirely wrong, but I was told that Louie's was created as a highly speculative "investment" opportunity, one in which a very well-known football coach has invested. I remember the same kinds of ventures back in the Switzer days, most notably a burger joint called "Goldies," which opened up several locations, had lots of early chatter, but ultimately were only average locations...and, after a time, just started closing down...until, one day, *poof*, they were all gone. That drove quite a bit of speculation (and I stress that, speculation) that they were never intended to be profitable/successful, just as a mechanism to shelter considerable income.

When I heard one Louie's was closed, and remembered my lone trip there was decidedly unremarkable, I couldn't help but wonder if we were seeing history repeat itself

As I said, may be a bunch of legend/hokum, but couldn't help but wonder when I saw the thread pop up

Blog Entries

I thought Louie's was started to take the place of Town Tavern in Norman. There was a commitment to help keep campus corner alive and to improve it. It was popular so expansion was inevitable. I think some of their locations do pretty well.

I don't think the Midtown Louie's store has closed. They are always busy and that's a prime area for them. I go in there for lunch at least once a week. With regards to the Nichols Hills store, it has been closed for a long while. I did not know they were going to open a Midwest City location, but they need to, so they can compete with Panera Bread and everywhere else near Tinker AFB. I'm sure many of the people stationed at Tinker will want to go there since it will be close to base.

Nichols Hills is a bad location for Louie's. Not a lot of people around there dying to spend <$15/person for dinner. I mean, you have as many upscale dining options as you do casual in this area: West, Metro, Coach House, Bin 73 vs. Saturn Grill, Hideaway, Louie's, City Bites. That ratio is usually a lot more like 2/3/4:1

For the most part though, they've made excellent decisions on where to put this concept in OKC. Expressway, Lake Hefner, Midtown, Meridian are all home runs for this concept. And for everything being under $10, it's really not too bad food wise. I think it will enjoy success for awhile.

24. Default Re: Louie's Closed at 72nd & N. Western

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Nichols Hills is a bad location for Louie's. Not a lot of people around there dying to spend <$15/person for dinner. I mean, you have as many upscale dining options as you do casual in this area: West, Metro, Coach House, Bin 73 vs. Saturn Grill, Hideaway, Louie's, City Bites. That ratio is usually a lot more like 2/3/4:1

For the most part though, they've made excellent decisions on where to put this concept in OKC. Expressway, Lake Hefner, Midtown, Meridian are all home runs for this concept. And for everything being under $10, it's really not too bad food wise. I think it will enjoy success for awhile.
    Tell that to snow pea, earls, panera, Saturn, ect. Every time I went in here it was packed. There had to be something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about

Iguana Cafe, Mamasita's, Sonic a little further south.

Thread Information