Widgets Magazine

Thread: Robinson and I-35 construction

Default Robinson and I-35 construction

just found out that in March, a complete redesign of the on-ramps and off-ramps for I-35 and robinson will start.

going northbound you will exit off onto the frontage road behind target, and this is where the on-ramp will be aswell.

and then just some slight changes to S bound I-35 on and off ramps

Default Re: Robinson and I-35 construction

Does anyone have links to rendinerings of what the new I35/Robinson exit will look like when completed?

3. Default Re: Robinson and I-35 construction

Is this really happening? I thought they already re-did these ramps a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroiHikari View Post
    Is this really happening? I thought they already re-did these ramps a few years ago.
    They widened i35, so while a slight modification of the old approach transitions into the old ramp.

they are connecting the I-35 frontage road (behind target) to robinson ..

this will make that intersection 100 times better

6. Default Re: Robinson and I-35 construction

The Exit Ramps never really changed in design, they might have got a new slap of pavement but that is it. The new ramp design is going to be so much better. Especially considering the light at the I-35N exit ramp and Robinson never uses the Left Turn arrow so traffic backs up much more.

7. Default Re: Robinson and I-35 construction

Hmm, okay. I'm having trouble visualizing the connection between the frontage road and Robinson, but it does sound like a good idea. I agree, the current setup is pretty scary and getting to Target from I-35 is a PITA. Does anyone have a rendering of what the new ramps are going to look like?

Hmm, okay. I'm having trouble visualizing the connection between the frontage road and Robinson, but it does sound like a good idea. I agree, the current setup is pretty scary and getting to Target from I-35 is a PITA. Does anyone have a rendering of what the new ramps are going to look like?
    new config

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/contr...c%20sht030.pdf

Looks like they are going to be adding protected left turns for interstate dr and the i-35 off ramp, that has been needed for a long time!

Here is a page with a detailed view of the intersection (turn lanes, etc)
    http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/contr...5/d%20t024.pdf

There are some better views of this project if you want to download the whole file and browse through it, definitely a good read if you live in norman.
    http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/contr...29_2402904,05/
    Click on the link that says "A FULL FILE.pdf" (the second link on the page).

10. Default Re: Robinson and I-35 construction

Just an update to this thread, might have been put in another. Most of the interchange's road laying is done now. Traffic from Robinson to NB I-35 is using the new ramp. Looks like they just need to finish doing the concrete work on the I-35 to Robinson portion and finish connecting the new service road extension.

Thread Information