Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: S&B Burger Joint

Default Re: S&B Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    There was never any smoking in the Danforth place and I don't think there was at the Bricktown location either.
    C. T.
    That's right, the Hudson's Public House on Danforth was family friendly; they did not allow smoking and families could come with their kids. My wife and I will miss their french dip sandwiches and grilled chicken breast sandwiches. Not to mention their awesome service !!!

The Bricktown one is a loss. I was going regularly for lunch, pre covid though.

It was a nice complement of the BT brewery and Tap Wreck.

The Bricktown location was excellent to watch the Women's World Cup at last year for people who wanted to avoid the crazy crowds at Skinny Slim's.

I just confirmed that yesterday was the last day for both their locations.

That is a sad loss for BT. We were regulars at Skinny's before having our son, then we transitioned to Hudson's Public House... They were also in our St. Patrick's Day rotation.

I was at the Bricktown location Saturday without knowing they were closing. I agree it was underrated, crazy to hear that from our server considering the place was popping with all the football games going on.

Ah, that stinks. I really liked both of these locations. Pre-pandemic I was a regular at the one on Danforth. I really liked the feel and the menu at these places, and the fact they were smoke-free.

If they put in a Bricktown Brewery at that location I won't complain though. I like the Brewery as well, and the one on Kelly and Danforth was convenient. Once they changed that to an S&B Burger I haven't been back and the Old Chicago they moved into is across town and not worth the drive through Edmond. This is right around the corner for me.

Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

I wonder what will happen to the existing S & B Burger Joint down the street?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    I wonder what will happen to the existing S & B Burger Joint down the street?
    You'd have to think they would close it as it's only 2 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You'd have to think they would close it as it's only 2 miles away.
    Well, its interesting to me that the current S & B location also used to be a Bricktown Brewery, and that location closed and moved out to where Old Chicago formerly was --- its own building. I think the parent company is also realizing that have an S & B in a strip center might not be a good thing, or any restaurant for that matter. It might be a better fit for each restaurant to be in its own building instead of leasing a space in a strip center.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Well, its interesting to me that the current S & B location also used to be a Bricktown Brewery, and that location closed and moved out to where Old Chicago formerly was --- its own building. I think the parent company is also realizing that have an S & B in a strip center might not be a good thing, or any restaurant for that matter. It might be a better fit for each restaurant to be in its own building instead of leasing a space in a strip center.
    Yes, and they probably got a very good deal on this space, which is bigger, nicer, with a patio and probably came fully equipped.

We love S&B and frequent the one down the street from us at Kelly and Danforth. Will be so happy to get a patio to sit on!

We were very disappointed that Hudson’s closed. One of the few places in the area to grab good bar food a beer and watch a game.

As far as S&B goes, I stopped By For a beer last week and was told they’d close the current location shortly prior to opening the new one.

IMO, S&B has a long way to go matching Hudson’s food quality. I feel they’ve really regressed over the last several years. I also wish they’d keep more of a sport bar feel. Hudson’s was set up nicely to watch games and would be easy to maintain.

Not an S&B fan at all. Whataburger makes a better burger and the loud music they play in their stores is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Not an S&B fan at all. Whataburger makes a better burger and the loud music they play in their stores is insane.
    Biggest thing that they have in the plus column is extensive sliders menu.
    Why does Oklahoma insist on restaurant portions the size of a child's head?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Biggest thing that they have in the plus column is extensive sliders menu.
    Why does Oklahoma insist on restaurant portions the size of a child's head?
    Isn't it part of the state Constitution (or some other mandate) to not let obesity and diabetes levels fall below a certain percentage of the population?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Isn't it part of the state Constitution (or some other mandate) to not let obesity and diabetes levels fall below a certain percentage of the population?
    The contents of the official state meal would support this theory...

NW 192nd & Western:

From what I can tell they kept the main bar, which is good news. Hopefully they put all the TVs back up. Hudson’s was a good place to watch a game!

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    From what I can tell they kept the main bar, which is good news. Hopefully they put all the TVs back up. Hudson’s was a good place to watch a game!
    TSOU,
    Will they show games? The S&B places I have been to didn't have sports on their tvs.
    C. T.

CT, the last time I was in the Danforth/Kelley location they were showing sports on the TV behind the bar. I asked the bartender their intentions for the new location and he wasn’t sure what they would do. He did mention they were limited at that location on how many different channels they could show at the same time. He said he hoped they’d expand their TV/sports options but I doubt he has any say in it. The opportunity is certainly there at the new location. It all depends on if they’re looking to expand their attraction to the sports crowd.
    Personally, if they don’t I don’t see this restaurant being around that long. Unless of course they make some significant improvements to the food which IMO has become quite ordinary.

According to their website they open today (12/14). Haven’t driven that way yet today but will.

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    According to their website they open today (12/14). Haven’t driven that way yet today but will.
    It figures, we have miserable weather and since my only transportation is a mobility scooter I won't be able to go there till we get some warmer days. I don't mind high 50's to low 60's but for the next ten days, I will have to wait.
    C. T.

I made it to S&B Monday night for opening night. They did a nice job in their redecorating. They actually lightened up the place some which I like. Not too much change in the structure of the interior. They had a foosball table and a shuffle board table but the pool table is gone. They removed all the TV's around the bar but put a big one on the wall behind the bar and it was showing sports as were most of the others. Still a few showing the music videos. Not sure of their ability to show multiple sports at one time however.

As far as the food our meal was good and they had some new items on the menu. I went in the next day for a beer and there was starting to be a nice crowd around 3:00 for happy hour.

They did an extension of the patio but it was obviously too cold to check that out.

Thread Information