Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: S&B Burger Joint

Default re: S&B Burger Joint, South Walker

Sorry if this has been scooped but just read in the Gazette they are adding a location at 240 and S Walker...Big score for us south siders

Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

very cool... i'd suspect it's going in the old primo's location? -M

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    very cool... i'd suspect it's going in the old primo's location? -M
    Likely but I'm a little concerned as that area is not known for keeping restaurants long term...Also wondering if they would want that much room?

On edit it gave the address as 7745 s walker so it's the old Coaches

Article also says they will be adding street tacos to the menu

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: S&B Burger Joint, South Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    This is the 2nd or 3rd mention of peanut butter on a burger but it doesn't
    sound that good of a combination...
    Take some peanut butter with you the next time you go out and try it
    on a bite. You'll like it. It's good on pizza, especially cold pizza.

Odd location for a hip, local place. I too wonder about the long-term viability.

Prunepicker Guest

Where is S&B located?

8. Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Where is S&B located?
    There's also one inside the 4 story building on the SW corner of NW 59th and May.

9. Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

I have been to the 9th street location on Friday afternoons with co-workers and was pleasantly surprised to find that sliders and smothered fries are half off from (I think) 4-6pm. I don't know if this applies to both locations, but that is a pretty darn good deal. The people I have been there with have commented on how much they enjoy the music and atmosphere. It's like a haven for those of us who were teens in the 90s, music-wise. And the food is pretty darn tasty. Everyone left a happy camper.

I haven't been brave enough to try peanut butter on anything yet, but I'm not a huge pb fan. So, maybe someday, when I'm feeling adventurous. Otherwise, there is plenty else on the menu that I do like to keep me happy.

Oh, and as for speed of service...haven't noticed any problems, but 5pm on a Friday is pretty early. It's good to avoid peak times at a lot of places.
    Still corrupting young minds

Fairly certain S&B doesn't offer this, but PB Waffle Links ain't bad.

Cook up sausage links and drain well. keep warm.
    Make/heat your waffles.
    Slather a layer of PB on each (or mix some PB and blackberry jam together and then slather).
    Place a layer of links across one pb waffle.
    Cover with the other PB waffle.

Ahhh, heaven.

Works well with patties too. I just prefer link sausages.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate
    Cook up sausage links and drain well. keep warm.
    Make/heat your waffles.
    Slather a layer of PB on each (or mix some PB and blackberry jam together and then slather).
    Place a layer of links across one pb waffle.
    Cover with the other PB waffle.
    i had to re-read this in an elvis voice and then it made total sense. (: -M

Quote Originally Posted by easy180
    oh... i hadn't realized that coaches went out, too. i'd think that city bites isn't long for this world, either.

i just don't know about that corner. the two existing s&b's are in decent locations. 50th & may has plenty of offices around to keep it busy at lunch and (if memory serves) it's connected with electro lounge so that it has evening business as well. 9th & broadway has plenty of surrounding offices to keep it busy at lunch and the area has become a destination in the evening... i-240 and walker has a few offices in the area but i'm not sure the demographic is looking for a $10 hamburger. the area is pretty dead in the evenings. i just don't see this working out for them.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Likely but I'm a little concerned as that area is not known for keeping restaurants long term...Also wondering if they would want that much room?

The way they Tweet about it, I think Coaches is actually somehow tied to S&B now... maybe some investment dollars involved? They talk about the S&B/Coaches menus in south OKC and Norman.

EDIT: I meant to say, "On Twitter, they talk about..."

14. Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    The way they Tweet about it, I think Coaches is actually somehow tied to S&B now... maybe some investment dollars involved? They talk about the S&B/Coaches menus in south OKC and Norman.
    That sounds possible. I drove through there a few days ago, because I assumed that S&B was going in to the now closed Primo's location, and Coaches still appeared to be open to me.

The S&B sign is hanging on the old Coaches spot and the Coaches sign is off the building.

oh... i hadn't realized that coaches went out, too. i'd think that city bites isn't long for this world, either.

i just don't know about that corner. the two existing s&b's are in decent locations. 50th & may has plenty of offices around to keep it busy at lunch and (if memory serves) it's connected with electro lounge so that it has evening business as well. 9th & broadway has plenty of surrounding offices to keep it busy at lunch and the area has become a destination in the evening... i-240 and walker has a few offices in the area but i'm not sure the demographic is looking for a $10 hamburger. the area is pretty dead in the evenings. i just don't see this working out for them.

-M
    That is my concern as well...Just went last week and my 2 hour happy hour cost me $45 with tip

The new location opened today. Free food from 11-2 and 5-9 in celebration of their opening.

I-240 and S.Walker.

240/S Walker

19. Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post

240/S Walker
    I had lunch at the south I-240 location today. It is good but not as good as the one in Automobile Alley. neither are as good as the original at 59th & May.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    I had lunch at the south I-240 location today. It is good but not as good as the one in Automobile Alley. neither are as good as the original at 59th & May.
    How was the weekday lunch crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    Must've just missed each other!

Heard S&B's is grabbing the old/new Denny's location up on North May in Quail Springs. Denny's was there barely a year.

23. Default Re: S&B Burger Joint

I hope they don't expand so quickly they implode.

i had to re-read this in an elvis voice and then it made total sense. (: -M
    Wouldn't bananas have to be added to be an Elvis requirement? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I hope they don't expand so quickly they implode.
    This is my biggest fear. I went to the original location on May and NW 59th about four years ago and it feels like they should open one maybe every 2-3 years, but since that time, they have opened the one on 9th street, Norman and SW OKC.

Thread Information