Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: S&B Burger Joint

Default re: S&B Burger Joint, South Walker

Yes, it's "The Womb" gallery. I've not had a chance to yet go inside, not really my type of place. "Interesting" though...

2. Default re: S&B Burger Joint, South Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ThomPaine View Post
    Yes, it's "The Womb" gallery. I've not had a chance to yet go inside, not really my type of place. "Interesting" though...
    Isn't it only open by invitation now since the city came and inspected it (and it failed)?

Thought that was just for the Yoko event?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Thought that was just for the Yoko event?
    I have been to some art openings there prior to the NYE fiasco. they are now having to tweek it so that the building it rated for more occupants. usually the smaller art events there aren't an issue but for the NYE party it was for a large # and the Fire safety # wouldn't support that kind of crowd. have seen some interesting art there. a cool space.

5. Default re: S&B Burger Joint, South Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I have been to some art openings there prior to the NYE fiasco. they are now having to tweek it so that the building it rated for more occupants. usually the smaller art events there aren't an issue but for the NYE party it was for a large # and the Fire safety # wouldn't support that kind of crowd. have seen some interesting art there. a cool space.
    Sign on the door say 'open by appointment only.' My understanding is that the space was lacking even basic requirements for any public events. But yes, they are working to be able to pass inspection (which isn't going to be cheap).

Bandnerd,
    I don't specifically choose restaurants based on whether or not they have a website. HOWEVER, if your BUSINESS does have a website, I would assume that something like a new location would warrant an update. Their website (http://sandbburgersokc.com/) lists only their original location, their Facebook page lists only their original location, and their menu may be updated, but I have no way of knowing, as I have never been there.

Because I was driving around OKC, and looking at the crazy Wayne Coyne building, I happened across their new location, but did not stop in, as I had already eaten. I wish them well, but hope they get with the program.
    Some Okies seem to be a bit slow on this whole newfangled web thingy. I have the same complaints as you, some businesses in OKC just don't seem to think they need the web in 2012. Not to derail the thread, but just as an example - Sweetery Eatery opened a month or so ago where Winston McDoogal's was on NW 122nd/May. Do a search on the web for them and try to find something useful...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Some Okies seem to be a bit slow on this whole newfangled web thingy. I have the same complaints as you, some businesses in OKC just don't seem to think they need the web in 2012. Not to derail the thread, but just as an example - Sweetery Eatery opened a month or so ago where Winston McDoogal's was on NW 122nd/May. Do a search on the web for them and try to find something useful...
    Yup. Example - I'm planning a long weekend in DC with my daughter. I know the general areas we'll be in, but I head to Yelp to see if there are any hidden gems, and then I click on the restaurant's/business' website to see if there are any specials or what the hours are, etc. As a visitor, no web presence means I won't find your restaurant, and I won't leave a rating/review.

We'll get there, I still want to frequent local eateries as much as possible rather than chains.

Yup. Example - I'm planning a long weekend in DC with my daughter. I know the general areas we'll be in, but I head to Yelp to see if there are any hidden gems, and then I click on the restaurant's/business' website to see if there are any specials or what the hours are, etc. As a visitor, no web presence means I won't find your restaurant, and I won't leave a rating/review.

We'll get there, I still want to frequent local eateries as much as possible rather than chains.
    The Washington Post has the best dining reviews of any city newspaper I have ever read. The food critic also does a weekly chat, and the transcripts are all online. I'd highly suggest Jaleo, Jose Andres' tapas restaurant. The original location over by the Archives/Navy Memorial metro stop is the best, but they now have locations in Bethesda and at one of the Arlington metro stops too.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUMom View Post
    Wayne Coyne owns that really colorful building across the street?
    Yes.

Sooooooo, as I was saying, love S&B Burger Joint, especially the sweet potato fries with peanut butter and bacon. Mmmmmm. (Sorry to interrupt your b*tchfest).

Quote Originally Posted by RealJimbo View Post
    Sooooooo, as I was saying, love S&B Burger Joint, especially the sweet potato fries with peanut butter and bacon. Mmmmmm. (Sorry to interrupt your b*tchfest).
    Can you buy an S&B Burger at that colorful building owned by Wayne ?

Are their sweet potato fries thick or thin? Greasy at all?

Prunepicker Guest

Sooooooo, as I was saying, love S&B Burger Joint, especially the sweet
    potato fries with peanut butter and bacon.
    Peanut butter and bacon makes everything better!

14. Default re: S&B Burger Joint, South Walker

Just wanted to share that this month's special burger is a chicken fried steak burger. I had it today with swiss, mushrooms and jalapeños and it was the best I've ever had - and its big enough to share!

The only down side was they didn't bring my sweet potato fries until I was already done with my burger (and was ready for my check).

Is there a difference between a chicken fried steak (on a bun) and a chicken fried steak burger?

This is the 2nd or 3rd mention of peanut butter on a burger but it doesn't sound that good of a combination and I like burgers, bacon and peanut butter but necessarily all at the same time. While intriqued, not sure if I want to try something like that on a pricier burger.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    This is the 2nd or 3rd mention of peanut butter on a burger but it
    doesn't sound that good of a combination and I like burgers, bacon
    and peanut butter but necessarily all at the same time. While
    intriqued, not sure if I want to try something like that on a pricier
    burger.
    Order the burger and take some peanut butter with you. Just put
    on a bite. You'll be surprised.

I'm going to try the 9th street location today. Can I expect the same wait time as the May location, or does it move a little faster? I'm trying to make sure I have enough time during my lunch break.

18. Default re: S&B Burger Joint, South Walker

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I'm going to try the 9th street location today. Can I expect the same wait time as the May location, or does it move a little faster? I'm trying to make sure I have enough time during my lunch break.
    I find the wait times for food to be about the same (longer than they should be). However, the downtown location is much larger so you get seated faster and order faster.

Ok, thanks! I have experienced the longer than normal wait for food at the May location as well, even when it's not that crowded.

20. Default re: S&B Burger Joint, South Walker

Yeah, I go for lunch from time-to-time, but I can't ever take the wife as she has only an hour for lunch - and even though she works downtown and her office is literally right off the sidewalk, she still can't make it there and back in an hour.

When we go together its for dinner when we have lots of time.

We got there around 11:45. There was a 20 minute wait inside, and it wasn't unbearable outside so we sat on the patio. It took a solid hour to order and pay. Other than a decent wait for food it was overall a good experience. One of friends did order a double chicken breast sandwich, and one came out hot, and the other cold. He told the waiter right away, and his only response was that one must have been cooked before the other. When we got our checks, he told him that he took the extra chicken breast off the ticket, but still thought it was kind of weird that he didn't offer to replace the sandwich rather than taking it off the bill.

Two strikes at this place won't be back... Just not a fan of well done hamburgers!

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    Two strikes at this place won't be back... Just not a fan of well done hamburgers!

Did you happen to mention anything to them about the burgers being too well done for you or ask them to prepare one the way you prefer? Most restaurants don't ask about how well done you like a burger but that doesn't mean they wouldn't try to accommodate you.

Ate there today and the waitress mentioned after she took our orders that all burgers are cooked to medium and if that was ok. We said yes and they were medium when I ate them.

Hubby and I tried thier Hot Mess dessert. I think its caramel cake. Yum.

Thread Information