Widgets Magazine
Page 121 of 259 FirstFirst ... 2171116117118119120121122123124125126171221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 6466

Thread: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i would be happier with a 15 story over nothing... but it being a cooperate tower, i would hope more for the 20-40 story range. I think 15 would be great for a mixed-use, or full residential tower. that i would be very happy with. But i am also just hoping for more places downtown to buy... as i am tired of renting, and having no equity, and would like the move downtown...
    Man, I hope it is a cooperate tower... Can you imagine trying to go to work in an uncooperative tower?? Everyday you'd have to sneak up on it... maybe switch up which entrance you go in. And, think about the plumbing issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I would be happy with a 15 story mid-rise. I only care about the first 5 floors anyhow.
    In general I would rather see four 15 story mid-rise buildings built downtown than one 60 story super-tall tower, assuming the mid-rises all interacted well with the street and had some ground-floor mixed-use component. That said, I certainly won't be unhappy with a big tower at the stage center site, especially if it moves more high-paying jobs downtown from other parts of the city (or hopefully out-of-state).

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    Man, I hope it is a cooperate tower... Can you imagine trying to go to work in an uncooperative tower?? Everyday you'd have to sneak up on it... maybe switch up which entrance you go in. And, think about the plumbing issues!

sorry... sometimes i type faster than i think, and don't go back and re-read it... a CORPORATE Tower! lol

If I knew nothing about the company, I would still be inclined to think Hertz made sense. I don't think it does though.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I would be happy with a 15 story mid-rise. I only care about the first 5 floors anyhow.
    May the occupants and/or residents of floors 6 through 15 drop many water balloons as you pass by.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    If I knew nothing about the company, I would still be inclined to think Hertz made sense. I don't think it does though.
    It's NOT Hertz.....They've been selling buildings due to downsizing over the past few years. Even buying Dollar Thrifty, they are not building anything downtown, and if they do build, it'll be next to their Quail Springs HAC center. They have empty space at their Data Center on NW Expwy after sending 230 IT jobs to India in 2008.

Here is another possibility - the oil industry is in the process of spinning off their midstream operations into seperate entities. I think CHK did this and moved them to the Central Park buildings.
    Maybe it's possible that some big company is relocating their MLP to the SC site ??

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Here is another possibility - the oil industry is in the process of spinning off their midstream operations into seperate entities. I think CHK did this and moved them to the Central Park buildings.
    Maybe it's possible that some big company is relocating their MLP to the SC site ??
    This was a question when it was announced that Devon was looking into creating a MLP. I don't know, but something tells me it's not a MLP.

9. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    It's NOT Hertz.....They've been selling buildings due to downsizing over the past few years. Even buying Dollar Thrifty, they are not building anything downtown, and if they do build, it'll be next to their Qual Springs HAC center. They have empty space at their Data Center on NW Expwy after sending 230 IT jobs to India in 2008.
    Hertz also owns the land behind their Quail Springs facility. They have it for future expansion.

10. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

"Here is another possibility - the oil industry is in the process of spinning off their midstream operations into seperate entities. I think CHK did this and moved them to the Central Park buildings.
    Maybe it's possible that some big company is relocating their MLP to the SC site ?? "

You are referring to Access midstream. They bought Chesapeake Midstream and moved the offices off of the campus.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    May the occupants and/or residents of floors 6 through 15 drop many water balloons as you pass by.
    If they built sidewalk awnings like they should they can drop all they want .

Steve,

My birthday is March 20th...let the powers that be know that I won't require a birthday gift if they just announce the plans on that day.

TIA

14. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by JosephYost View Post
    This was posted on March 1st, but wouldn't blame you not going three pages back through off-topic discussions.

There should be an Okctalk reward for anyone that knows the details of the real Mystery Tower.

^ Everybody throw in 5 bucks...group bribery.

17. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Steve, I will give you the intellectual property rights to my OKC book. I kid. Just wanted you to laugh a little
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Details are still sketchy, but I can confirm the mystery tower will NOT be in the shape of a taco. Salsa fountains still a possibility...

Seriously though, I'd throw in $5 for concrete info on the mystery tower at this point. I can already tell this is going to be a looooooooong month of waiting for the official announcement.

19. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Was told today that the CHK employees at the 63rd locations will be moving out May 1st and that MidFirst had bought the buildings.

Blog Entries

Which 63rd locations? I assume you at implying 63rd street.

21. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

63rd and NW Expressway I believe?

22. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    There should be an Okctalk reward for anyone that knows the details of the real Mystery Tower.
    What's the reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    What's the reward?
    ^^^someone obviously knows something but won't share yet. I can't wait to see what you have to say Steve. Looking forward to an article from you in the near future..

24. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

I'm hearing the complex will have 4 30-story commercial towers with 1 20-story residential tower and a park in the middle. Here is the initial design:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    What's the reward?
    Steve! You are such a tease! But I love it! It means we are close and you have been great with what you have been able to tell us!

Thread Information