Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 259 12345651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

This is another BIG and exciting time for our city! Let the talks begin here!

Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

A guy that i go to church who has been working on the devon tower told me a awhile back that there was talk about a 40 story tower, but just the other day he was telling me that there is talk that sandridge is building a tall tower but it will be smaller then devon but a little bit bigger then chase building, he joked saying seems like sandridge always wants to compete with devon lately but it looks like they will settle for 2nd when it comes to how tall the building will be.. To me I thought I read sandridge was only going to be 1020 stories? Could it atually be bigger then 1020 stories? Anybody hear this yet? also about the mystery tower, I wonder if it will be a whole new company relocating into our state and buildinga huge tower, is there any rumors about a fortune 500 company relocating to okc?

3. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

I've never seen anything from Sandridge that indicated anything more than 10-20 floors. And unless they have 50ft ceilings, you're not looking at the height of Chase either. They have plenty room to grow in the KMG tower and their new extra buildings they're doing give them even more room. I know we would all love to see it, but i feel like it's more rumor than substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    A guy that i go to church who has been working on the devon tower told me a awhile back that there was talk about a 40 story tower, but just the other day he was telling me that there is talk that sandridge is building a tall tower but it will be smaller then devon but a little bit bigger then chase building, he joked saying seems like sandridge always wants to compete with devon lately but it looks like they will settle for 2nd when it comes to how tall the building will be.. To me I thought I read sandridge was only going to be 1020 stories? Could it atually be bigger then 1020 stories? Anybody hear this yet? also about the mystery tower, I wonder if it will be a whole new company relocating into our state and buildinga huge tower, is there any rumors about a fortune 500 company relocating to okc?
    I'm sure it will be less than 1020 storys. lol you probably mean 10/20 storys ?

I was walking by the Century Center Parking Garage today and I was thinking what a waste of space. That would be a great place for a 30 story residential tower. It is caddy corner to the Myriad Gardens and next to a lot of office towers. It could have a parking garage included in the design and actually increase the number of parking spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I'm sure it will be less than 1020 storys. lol you probably mean 10/20 storys ?
    yes 10-20 stories, but 1020 stories would be something to see

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    yes 10-20 stories, but 1020 stories would be something to see
    From Dallas!

haha, that would put a stop to texans saying everything is bigger and better in texas. I can just see them in Dallas trying to say everything is bigger and better, while that 1020 story okc tower is shadowing over them, oh well, we can dream lol

This thread already has digressed. That didn't take long.

A friend of my cousin's houscleaners mom said that he heard a rumor that Exxon Mobil was moving their corprate headquarters to OKC!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I do know that a certain CEO of a large energy company has been contacting some very large companies to try and convince them to relocate headquarters to Oklahoma City. I do not know if those efforts have yeilded any success, the one concrete example that I know of seemed incredibly ambitious (Fortune 100 company). Either way, this is a very exciting time for OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisJ View Post
    A friend of my cousin's houscleaners mom said
    this....

he heard a rumor that Exxon Mobil was moving their corprate headquarters to OKC!

Heh. Just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by coov23 View Post
    This thread already has digressed. That didn't take long.
    It regressed by starting the thread.

I do know that a certain CEO of a large energy company has been contacting some very large companies to try and convince them to relocate headquarters to Oklahoma City. I do not know if those efforts have yeilded any success, the one concrete example that I know of seemed incredibly ambitious (Fortune 100 company).
    Since we are just throwing around speculation, why not name the company?

There has been lots of smoke about the Chamber making strong progress with a large company but I have no idea who it its. "Fortune 100" is a pretty short list, especially when you eliminate about 75% due to complete implausibility.

The one company from that list that leaps out to me is Sunoco. Energy company HQ'd in Philadelphia #68 on the list.

it really has not disgressed, you title mystery tower, so yeah people are going to talk about what they hear, predicting how big it might be, who will build it, who will be jealous of it, the title of the starting thread says keyword "MYSTERY" so yeah your going to get a lot of, a friend of a friend and rumors, or how cool would it be if it was a mega tower, etc thats what makes things a mystery. i would say people posting these things on this thread is the opposite of digressed, because most people are focusing and trying to solve the mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Since we are just throwing around speculation, why not name the company?

There has been lots of smoke about the Chamber making strong progress with a large company but I have no idea who it its. "Fortune 100" is a pretty short list, especially when you eliminate about 75% due to complete implausibility.

The one company from that list that leaps out to me is Sunoco. Energy company HQ'd in Philadelphia #68 on the list.

I've heard ConocoPhillips is undergoing a major restructuring, splitting into two different units. One of those units would fit nicely here.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I've heard ConocoPhillips is undergoing a major restructuring, splitting into two different units. One of those units would fit nicely here.
    I understand they are either relocating to or building a large structure in a complex a few miles northwest of downtown Denver....they have a complex in the tech center (south of Denver) and are moving it.

But that would make sense, they already have a large state presence and I heard a rumor they want out of Bartlesville, due to lack of the ability to recruit in a smaller town, same as CR.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Since we are just throwing around speculation, why not name the company?..."Fortune 100" is a pretty short list, especially when you eliminate about 75% due to complete implausibility
    Because I am unsure of how gaurded this information is, and I would not want to violate the trust of someone close to me. And for the record, the company I was refering to probably falls in that 75% that is completely implausible, the point that I was trying to make is that there are some VERY ambitious efforts being made to bring companies to OKC and it would be interesting if this mystery tower wasn't being built by a company that currently has little or no current presence in OKC.

ConocoPhillips is separating it's pipeline/refinery business from it's exploration arm.

I can't imagine either moving away from Houston.

I know they have different units scattered around so perhaps one could be coming to OKC -- hopefully not at the expense of Bartlesville.

Because I am unsure of how gaurded this information is, and I would not want to violate the trust of someone close to me. And for the record, the company I was refering to probably falls in that 75% that is completely implausible, the point that I was trying to make is that there are some VERY ambitious efforts being made to bring companies to OKC and it would be interesting if this mystery tower wasn't being built by a company that currently has little or no current presence in OKC.
    I sure hope its a major outside company, can you just imagine how many people will be relocating to okc if that happens!!!

Maybe we should start with what we know:

http://newsok.com/downtown-oklahoma-...rticle/3647036

Beffort said another new corporate headquarters will be built downtown starting this year, but he didn't say what company.

Read more: http://newsok.com/downtown-oklahoma-...#ixzz1loC10EqV
    From OKC-Central

http://blog.newsok.com/okccentral/20...ine-will-grow/

This also means we’re tracking a new building for SandRidge that will likely be 10 to 20 stories high, a convention center hotel that will be at least 15 stories high, and this mystery corporate headquarters
    My questions is this - is the tower talked about by Beffort the same one being speculated on the Preftakes block?

A new headquarters could mean anything, a from local companies to out of state companies. wish it would have said if the company is currently located in okc, and is building a new HQ, or that its a outside company buildinga new HQ in okc. But at least we know for a fact we are gettinga new building in okc

is the tower talked about by Beffort the same one being speculated on the Preftakes block?
    From all indications, yes.

Mr. Beffort states in his interview....
    He compared Oklahoma City to Austin, Texas, and Charlotte, N.C., which 30 years ago took steps Oklahoma City is only starting.

They nursed local business. Oklahoma City has two Fortune 500 companies in Devon Energy and Chesapeake Energy, he said; Austin has two in Dell Computer and Whole Foods, and Charlotte has seven, anchored by Bank of America — and all are homegrown and committed to each city.

Read more: http://newsok.com/downtown-oklahoma-...#ixzz1loDYvvxY
    These statements make me think that it will not be an out of state relocation.

I think, my dear Watson, that you are on to something.

Thread Information