Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OKC Corporate Headquarters leaving for Ft. Worth???

1. Default OKC Corporate Headquarters leaving for Ft. Worth???

I saw on a blog in the Journal Record today that a headquarters in OKC with 178 employees is about to announce in the next 30-45 days that they are moving to Ft. Worth. Anyone know more on this?

2. Default Re: OKC Corporate Headquarters leaving for Ft. Worth???

3. Default Re: OKC Corporate Headquarters leaving for Ft. Worth???

Fascinating. Keep in mind Ft. Worth's definition of an OKC hq can be anything between El Reno, Norman, Shawnee and Guthrie.

4. Default Re: OKC Corporate Headquarters leaving for Ft. Worth???

I've been trying to figure out which company has 178 employees that is of significant importance. The first thought that came to mind was Paycom.

Default Re: OKC Corporate Headquarters leaving for Ft. Worth???

Paycom just built a big new corporate complex on Memorial & Council -- as in the last year. I seriously doubt it's them and they have well more than 178 OKC employees.

I was thinking it could be one of the local energy companies, but the Barnett Shale is on life support right so no reason to move down there.

Since it wouldn't be the first time that OKC and Tulsa got mixed up by out of state media, it could very well be another transfer of AA employees from TUL. Just a stab in the dark....

7. Default Re: OKC Corporate Headquarters leaving for Ft. Worth???

I read yesterday that the FAA was building a new HQ at Alliance airport in Fort Worth. Could that be it?

The FAA is currently advertising for about 30 open positions in OKC... Doubt they would be doing that if a move is going to be announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    The FAA is currently advertising for about 30 open positions in OKC... Doubt they would be doing that if a move is going to be announced soon.
    There are contractors galore out at MM Aeronautical Center...guess it could be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    I was thinking it could be one of the local energy companies, but the Barnett Shale is on life support right so no reason to move down there.

Since it wouldn't be the first time that OKC and Tulsa got mixed up by out of state media, it could very well be another transfer of AA employees from TUL. Just a stab in the dark....
    What energy company moves to Ft Worth? Houston i would not doubt it.

Well, its definitely not Chesapeake, Devon, Sandridge, Continental Resources, or Chapparal. I'm guessing its some company that is currently HQ'ed here, but has a smaller office in Ft. Worth, currently. Who else has an HQ here that has 178 employees ? Hobby Lobby ???

Yes they did. And they will stay, most likely. 2nd guess: Love's Travel Stops.

Guess what, wait a few days and if it's true, It'll be on the news. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Didn't Hobby Lobby just expand their operation here?
    Yes, and several times before the most recent expansion as well. Don't know them personally, but I simply don't envision the Green family packing the HQ up and moving it down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Yes they did. And they will stay, most likely. 2nd guess: Love's Travel Stops.
    I doubt Loves, they are tied in with Aubrey as well as a founding investor in the Thunder.

Sonic maybe? They don't seem to have much civic presence, although they do have a relatively new building.

Sonic has a pretty prime piece of real estate for their HQ. I find it hard to believe that they would leave to become one tenant in a tower. Certainly there are other concerns beyond real estate, though. I would guess it's a corporation that's not downtown.

Watch it be some call center.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Didn't Hobby Lobby just expand their operation here?
    Hobby Lobby has WAY more employees than that, not to mention they are deeply rooted here and have hundreds of thousands, if not millions of sq. ft. In their warehouses that are attached to the corporate offices. They aren't going anywhere.

19. Default Re: OKC Corporate Headquarters leaving for Ft. Worth???

Globe Life???

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNINSOKC View Post
    Globe Life???
    Not them, I have friends there and if they go anywhere, it'd be McKinney Tx where their sister company is located, at least that's what I was told a few years back.

My next door neighbor is an air traffic control instructor at FAA. I'll try and find out from him.

Wow, so that new FAA facility won't be breaking ground until 2013.

Even if the OKC jobs were to moving there (which is doubtful) it seems unlikely they'd be announcing the move more than two years ahead of time.

One other thought is the recent sale of Great Plains Coca-Cola Bottling.

It was sold in October back to the parent Coca-Cola company... They may be looking to consolidate some of the operations to Fort Worth which also has a large bottling facility and support offices.

Great Plains employs about 1,500 in OKC but it could be they are just moving some of the managerial jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    My next door neighbor is an air traffic control instructor at FAA. I'll try and find out from him.
    That article states that the SW headquarters are moving. They are currently located just south of DFW, not OKC.

Thread Information