Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leo's BBQ

Default Re: Mr Gatti's Pizza is coming back to OKC

I would much rather see Godfather's Pizza come back...

I'm sorry I'm not as open minded as you are lj. But let me review. Gatti's is as bad at pizza as Obama is at presidenting.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson8 View Post
    Gatti's is as bad at pizza as Obama is at presidenting.
    Gatti's is leading us out of the pizza recession that began at Lido's!

Huzzah!

There's no proof that the pizza recession has even begun.

I'm sorry I'm not as open minded as you are lj. But let me review. Gatti's is as bad at pizza as Obama is at presidenting.
    Let's don't get into politics but that makes me more interested in trying their pizza. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jstaylor62 View Post
    I would much rather see Godfather's Pizza come back...
    Dinna much care for the one in Norman toward its end days, but early 80's in Tulsa, that was good times and good pizza.

I'd rather poke my eye out with a dull stick than have to eat at Gatti Town. Used to eat at one in Texas all the time when our kids were young (mid 90's-early 2000's). People don't go there for good pizza, they go there to play the games, drive the cars and earn tickets for cheap Chinese made junk. We would take The kids there as a special treat/reward for good grades, etc. Our kids loved the place, but I doubt they ever ate more than a slice of cheese or pepperoni.

Worst. Pizza. Evar.
    This +1000. And not just the "worst", but the worst. I recall likening it to "lucite on bread." It was horrendous.

Default Leo's BBQ Strawberry-Banana Cake Recipe

Does anyone have the recipe for Leo's BBQ Strawberry-Banana Cake? I've been looking, but cant find anything so far....

Default Re: Leo's BBQ Strawberry-Banana Cake Recipe

No, but I can show you how to eat a piece in 2 bites. mmmm (wish they would pay their taxes)

thought they had paid the back taxes and had reopened?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    thought they had paid the back taxes and had reopened?
    They did, it is.

13. Default Re: Leo's BBQ Strawberry-Banana Cake Recipe

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    They did, it is.
    Did the downtown location open in the last couple of days? It has been closed for weeks and appears at least 1-2 people are living there at night. I had heard additional financial woes were not going to allow for that location to reopen anytime soon, if ever.

They had a place south of Noble in Slaughterville back during football season, dont know if its still open or not. It was solid, I thought the food was better than at either locations in the city area.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Did the downtown location open in the last couple of days? It has been closed for weeks and appears at least 1-2 people are living there at night. I had heard additional financial woes were not going to allow for that location to reopen anytime soon, if ever.
    I'm with you Bates. I have tried to go there twice in the last couple weeks and it has been closed. Tried JT tacos one day and Leos was closed that day as well.

I have to admit the cake is what brought me in, not the BBQ. It was good, the cake was the best.

I used to go buy one every year for my birthday cake. The whole family loves it and no one has to bake. If anyone gets the recipe please post it.

We had one at my 40th birthday party and we try to stop in at Leo's when in town. My wife tried to replicate it and came close, a mix of yellow cake mix and pound cake mix.

LEO'S BBQ SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! MR.T'S BBQ was pretty good ,but they went belly up.

TOM'S BBQ also went out of business.

Are you sure? I drove by Friday and the sign says they are remodeling. Sometimes that is wishful thinking on the owners part while they try to get their problems straightened out.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by ck76 View Post
    TOM'S BBQ also went out of business.

22. Default Re: Leo's BBQ Strawberry-Banana Cake Recipe

Lots of people would disagree with that assessment. Went to the location East of Lincoln Blvd. last week for lunch. Had to wait for a seat for our group of 5. As usual, it was very good. They also confirmed the downtown location will not be an option for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Lots of people would disagree with that assessment. Went to the location East of Lincoln Blvd. last week for lunch. Had to wait for a seat for our group of 5. As usual, it was very good. They also confirmed the downtown location will not be an option for awhile.
    Did they happen to say why?

I suppose it is your taste and that's the thing about restaurants, but I don't know anybody that didn't like Leo's. His sauce is excellent and his hot sauce is wonderfully miserable (hot). I have to mix it with the mild and I love heat. His ribs rank right up at the top of the OKC area barbecue, in my opinion. But, I respect your opinion.
    C. T.

Leos at least made it on one of the Food Network programs (forget which one) and they didn't feature crap food so that says something. I know they mentioned the desert and think they showed delivering to the Capitol. Don't know if they gave the recipe for anything or not, but may be able to catch it on a repeat?

Thread Information